The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland (California) (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Simba hidden in rocks at RSR? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175237)

crystal1313 09-20-2013 11:24 AM

Simba hidden in rocks at RSR?
 
Hello! I've heard there's a Simba carved into the rocks at RSR...........is it true? If so, where? My friends and I spent 45 minutes trying to find it last week to no avail. LOL. I'd love to know where to look on our next visit.

sonnyjane 09-20-2013 11:32 AM

Ehhh, I googled this and found some pictures and I'd say it's a stretch.... Go here: http://wanderinginadream.blogspot.co...1_archive.html

Scroll down to the "hidden Simba" part....

crystal1313 09-20-2013 11:45 AM

Ok, that's what I kept pointing out as what I thought was Simba, but thought it was a stretch too! I thought it would be more "clear" then that. To me, it looks more like Pumba, lol.

sonnyjane 09-20-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystal1313 (Post 49617988)
Ok, that's what I kept pointing out as what I thought was Simba, but thought it was a stretch too! I thought it would be more "clear" then that. To me, it looks more like Pumba, lol.

Do you remember where you heard it? The only source I could find was the person that posted that picture. I don't think it's an "official" thing...

gregtheshark 09-20-2013 11:56 AM

I had heard this rumor when we rode RSR on our last trip, and would agree the one in the photo is definitely a stretch

shark

crystal1313 09-20-2013 12:21 PM

I heard it on one of the Disney sites I frequent....not sure if it was here or another one I go on a lot. I think if Disney was going to do something deliberate, it would be more clear then that...........

T0rrent 09-20-2013 12:35 PM

Yea i'd say it's a stretch. What I would like to know is where is the hidden mickey in the queue. I know approximately where the hidden mickeys are in the ride but according to our official hidden mickey book, there is one in the queue.

sonnyjane 09-20-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystal1313 (Post 49618289)
I heard it on one of the Disney sites I frequent....not sure if it was here or another one I go on a lot. I think if Disney was going to do something deliberate, it would be more clear then that...........

Yeah, in that case, I think I know where you saw it and yes, the pic I linked to is from that post.

crystal1313 09-20-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T0rrent (Post 49618413)
Yea i'd say it's a stretch. What I would like to know is where is the hidden mickey in the queue. I know approximately where the hidden mickeys are in the ride but according to our official hidden mickey book, there is one in the queue.

I've never waited in the stand by queue........only fastpass or single rider. I want to! It looks cute =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnyjane (Post 49618579)
Yeah, in that case, I think I know where you saw it and yes, the pic I linked to is from that post.

Oh, ok! LOL. I tired doing a search for it before I posted, but I must not have worded it correctly because nothing came up!

sonnyjane 09-20-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crystal1313 (Post 49618621)
I've never waited in the stand by queue........only fastpass or single rider. I want to! It looks cute =) !

I usually do single rider/Fastpass but last week my family was in town and we wanted to ride together, so did standby. The wait was 45 minutes and I promise you absolutely nothing in that line is worth waiting 45 minutes (and that is short for RSR) as you watch the single riders walk right up and ride. There aren't any interactive features and not even anything to see. There's a building made of bottles, but after spending 20 minutes inside it, you're done. I wouldn't trade the short Fp or single rider wait for anything in the standby line.

crystal1313 09-20-2013 03:19 PM

^LOL, ok, good to know! If we are with our little guys we always do fastpass so we can ride together, and if we are sans kids, we just do single rider (a lot of times we are in the same car still, just not "together") Glad I'm not missing anything ;)

Disney Dreams 09-20-2013 03:58 PM

Okay, I have now stared at those two pictures WAY longer than I will admit and I do not see the head of anyone. :rotfl:

Can someone guide me to where the head of Simba is theoretically in those rocks? For my sanity....

Thanks,
Dreams

sonnyjane 09-20-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Dreams (Post 49620274)
Okay, I have now stared at those two pictures WAY longer than I will admit and I do not see the head of anyone. :rotfl:

Can someone guide me to where the head of Simba is theoretically in those rocks? For my sanity....

Thanks,
Dreams

I don't think it's a head, just an adult "Simba" in a sitting position, with a slightly darker "mane". Look basically dead center of that picture. "Simba" is pointing his nose at the sky.

Disney Dreams 09-20-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonnyjane (Post 49620337)
I don't think it's a head, just an adult "Simba" in a sitting position, with a slightly darker "mane". Look basically dead center of that picture. "Simba" is pointing his nose at the sky.

Thank you, sonnyjane! My sanity has been saved!

That said --- ummm.... that's not a hidden Simba, at least in my view of the world. I think if you want to see something, you can find it, but yeah, no, that's not a purposeful "hidden Simba."

- Dreams

sonnyjane 09-20-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Dreams (Post 49620578)
Thank you, sonnyjane! My sanity has been saved!

That said --- ummm.... that's not a hidden Simba, at least in my view of the world. I think if you want to see something, you can find it, but yeah, no, that's not a purposeful "hidden Simba."

- Dreams

Well, I had typed out a thing agreeing with you, BUT, then I found this on another site:

"Carsland was built on the Simba parking lot, so it makes sense. Just like how Eeyore is hidden in the Indiana Jones queue, because Indiana Jones was built on the Eeyore parking lot. It's a tribute. "

There IS a hidden Eeyore inside of Indy.....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.