The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   wishes dessert party and balloons?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3139627)

CuppieCake04 07-11-2013 01:51 PM

wishes dessert party and balloons??
 
We have booked our reservations already, it is our last night in the world.

It also happens to be my sons bday. He passed away nearly 11 years ago, and I always release balloons on his Bday.

Does anyone know if they will allow me to bring the balloons inside to release AFTER the party?

If not will they hold them someplace till after the party?

I know i will get emotional, and dont want to release the balloons on main street, and then turn into an emotional mess. If I wait till after the party i will have a few minutes to dry my eyes and to collect myself before heading out into the masses of people.

I called wdw Dining and the CM did not know the answer. I thought I would ask the many experts here..:)

Thanks in advance

Jennasis 07-11-2013 01:54 PM

Are you talking about buying some inflated balloons from the vendors on Main Street and then releasing them at some point?

CuppieCake04 07-11-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennasis (Post 48931947)
Are you talking about buying some inflated balloons from the vendors on Main Street and then releasing them at some point?

yes and I want to release them AFTER the party, but on the balcony for a few minutes of semi privacy...

Jennasis 07-11-2013 02:01 PM

Hmmm...balloons get released accidentally by children all the time. As long as the ones you bring in with you (how many are we talking about exactly?) aren't blocking anyone's view during the party.

CuppieCake04 07-11-2013 02:05 PM

Well I am hoping to find a happy birthday balloon, a mickey head balloon, and a couple of of other non mylar types if I can find that. so maybe 4 or 5 in total..

so that there is enough lift to also carry the Bday card to.

minnie mum 07-11-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennasis (Post 48932040)
Hmmm...balloons get released accidentally by children all the time. As long as the ones you bring in with you (how many are we talking about exactly?) aren't blocking anyone's view during the party.

Hmm. 4 or 5 balloons are going to take up a lot of room. I don't know how you could have these at the Dessert Party and not block someone's view.

OP- must these balloons be released right after the dessert party? Could you not buy them after the party and then take them somewhere to release them?

CuppieCake04 07-11-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie mum (Post 48932989)
Hmm. 4 or 5 balloons are going to take up a lot of room. I don't know how you could have these at the Dessert Party and not block someone's view.

OP- must these balloons be released right after the dessert party? Could you not buy them after the party and then take them somewhere to release them?


If I have to I will. I just wanted a few minutes of alone time after i release them. As I know the past 9 times i have done this I have gotten very emotional, Just didnt want to be walking down main street sobbing and having people trying to comfort me.

I know how uncomfortable it can be for people to see grown women in tears... so i was just hoping to avoid it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.