The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Budget Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Favorite headphones for flying? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3139535)

ktrask 07-11-2013 11:35 AM

Favorite headphones for flying?

I bought DD a pair of DJ like headphones (the bigger ones that go over your ears) for our flight to Disney. We are flying Jet Blue, so horray for TV's at every seat. I got them because I figured they would be easier than ear buds on a 4 almost 5 year old.

DH saw her headphones, and asked if we could find adult pairs for the flight. I use Swagbucks, so I'd like to find them on Amazon, but I feel a bit lost trying to find adult sized heaphones for a not crazy price.

So what are your favorite ones?

bookgirl 07-11-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktrask (Post 48930277)
I bought DD a pair of DJ like headphones (the bigger ones that go over your ears) for our flight to Disney. We are flying Jet Blue, so horray for TV's at every seat. I got them because I figured they would be easier than ear buds on a 4 almost 5 year old.

DH saw her headphones, and asked if we could find adult pairs for the flight. I use Swagbucks, so I'd like to find them on Amazon, but I feel a bit lost trying to find adult sized heaphones for a not crazy price.

I love my beats, but Sony has some okay ones as well. I will tell you that plain headphone on a plane will not work for me, I can still hear the noise of the engines and people. I have to have actual noise canceling head phones. So look for that option if your husband has sensitive hearing.

hlg22 07-11-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktrask (Post 48930277)

Would you use them for more than this flight? I have and love the Bose QuietComforts which are available on Amazon. They are great for music and just for noise canceling and are super comfortable, but unless you'd use them for more than just this and other occasional flights, I'm guessing they wouldn't be worth the cost for you as they're not the cheapest option.

MomToOne 07-11-2013 04:02 PM

I have JVC HANC80 noise cancelling headphones. They run about $35. The noise cancelling isn't perfect, but for the price it's pretty good. (Bear in mind that noise cancelling headphones are meant to eliminate constant, background noises, not things like someone talking directly to you or someone shouting down the hall.) The sound quality of the headphones is also good, as is the comfort. And they fold up somewhat, making them a bit easier to travel with.