The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Our offer on BLT was accepted Monday...waiting for contract... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3104974)

JessLCH 05-01-2013 02:20 PM

Our offer on BLT was accepted Monday...waiting for contract...

from Fidelity. I am taking it as a positive sign that the ball is rolling since the listing has been taken down from the Fidelity website. Was surprised since we don't even have a contract yet.

NoleFan 05-01-2013 02:43 PM

Good news based on the posts I have read here is that Fidelity does seem to have a big selection & frequently the best pricing. So, the extra wait time seems to justify the $$ cost savings.

jpfiff 05-01-2013 04:04 PM

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your offer? Ours have been shot down and the TSS says they are going near at at listing price. Thanks!

kkolbusz1 05-01-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessLCH (Post 48269437)
from Fidelity. I am taking it as a positive sign that the ball is rolling since the listing has been taken down from the Fidelity website. Was surprised since we don't even have a contract yet.

Everything is a little slow with fidelity. Waited 32 days to hear about rofr, waived april 22nd. just got our closing documents today. If you hear other places getting things back w/in a day or two, plan on waiting a week at LEAST with fidelity.

JessLCH 05-01-2013 05:50 PM

I actually was told by Fidelity not to expect the contract for 5-6 business days. This is our first DVC (or any timeshare) purchase, so I have no reference point for fast or slow, though I have read all the negative reports about Fidelity here. I definitely have had to keep on top of them so far for communication. That said, I am actually in no hurry. The contract has a Feb UY and we intend to bank all the 2013 points anyway. Nobody else had the inventory or price I wanted.

I will gladly share the details of our offer once contracts are signed and sent to Disney for ROFR. I am too nervous to do so beforehand as all we have now is an accepted offer.

fmer55 05-01-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoleFan (Post 48269672)
Good news based on the posts I have read here is that Fidelity does seem to have a big selection & frequently the best pricing. So, the extra wait time seems to justify the $$ cost savings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 (Post 48270608)
Everything is a little slow with fidelity. Waited 32 days to hear about rofr, waived april 22nd. just got our closing documents today. If you hear other places getting things back w/in a day or two, plan on waiting a week at LEAST with fidelity.

Would you 2 stop passing on heresay, when you have dealt with other companies then comment on fast or slow, please!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessLCH (Post 48271475)
I actually was told by Fidelity not to expect the contract for 5-6 business days. This is our first DVC (or any timeshare) purchase, so I have no reference point for fast or slow, though I have read all the negative reports about Fidelity here. I definitely have had to keep on top of them so far for communication. That said, I am actually in no hurry. The contract has a Feb UY and we intend to bank all the 2013 points anyway. Nobody else had the inventory or price I wanted.

I will gladly share the details of our offer once contracts are signed and sent to Disney for ROFR. I am too nervous to do so beforehand as all we have now is an accepted offer.

Start to finish can take up 45-90 days based on a multitude of factors, you are in good hands, best of luck with ROFR.

Once again I will state I have no ties to Fidelity, I just believe in getting the best price possible:thumbsup2

fmer55 05-01-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessLCH (Post 48271475)

I know the details, I look everyday:lmao:, I know which one is missing, good luck and one piece of advice....just relax and let time go by, there is nothing you can do anyway;)

JessLCH 05-03-2013 02:42 PM

Just received contract via email!