The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Agent P Adventures too long to complete (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3104247)

timbrown257 04-30-2013 10:20 AM

Agent P Adventures too long to complete
 
My two sons were both excited about the new Agent P Adventures at World Showcase. When I first heard about it I thought it was an innovative way to keep youngsters engaged as parents toured the various country exhibits.

The problem in practice however is that the individual missions are too long, (sometimes taking 30-40 minutes to complete) and since the missions take you around various places in the exhibit, my wife and I were forced to chase around after the kids so we got little chance to experience what the individual country showcases had to offer. There are also 7 individual country missions so this activity can easily eat up half a day.

Fortunately even my son's who are rabid Agent P fans got bored after 4 missions so we were able to stop. I did see a lot of exhausted parents trying to keep up with their kids as they run from attraction to attraction in search of the next Agent P clue.

What I always like about World Showcase is the ability to casually walk around and take your time experience the attractions and activities. I would recommend to Disney to shorten the adventures to a more reasonable 10-15 minutes. Also because of the noise and crowds it is often hard to hear the device that is giving the clues and sometimes hard for little kids to decipher. It would be great if Disney gave parents a "cheat sheet" of the clues to help direct their kids through their adventure when they get stuck.

I still like the concept of the Agent P's Adventure game, it just needs to be tweeked a bit.

Metro West 04-30-2013 01:44 PM

Welcome!

ChelMomto5 04-30-2013 10:03 PM

I completely agree!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by timbrown257 (Post 48256291)
My two sons were both excited about the new Agent P Adventures at World Showcase. When I first heard about it I thought it was an innovative way to keep youngsters engaged as parents toured the various country exhibits.

The problem in practice however is that the individual missions are too long, (sometimes taking 30-40 minutes to complete) and since the missions take you around various places in the exhibit, my wife and I were forced to chase around after the kids so we got little chance to experience what the individual country showcases had to offer. There are also 7 individual country missions so this activity can easily eat up half a day.

Fortunately even my son's who are rabid Agent P fans got bored after 4 missions so we were able to stop. I did see a lot of exhausted parents trying to keep up with their kids as they run from attraction to attraction in search of the next Agent P clue.

What I always like about World Showcase is the ability to casually walk around and take your time experience the attractions and activities. I would recommend to Disney to shorten the adventures to a more reasonable 10-15 minutes. Also because of the noise and crowds it is often hard to hear the device that is giving the clues and sometimes hard for little kids to decipher. It would be great if Disney gave parents a "cheat sheet" of the clues to help direct their kids through their adventure when they get stuck.

I still like the concept of the Agent P's Adventure game, it just needs to be tweeked a bit.

We were in Epcot yesterday and after completing the first mission, I had to force my kids to give it up. Just not practical for a family. I agree that shorter missions would make it so much better.

~Brandy~ 04-30-2013 10:42 PM

I agree 100%. We were in no particular hurry in Epcot, but the China mission took soooo long that my DS7 completely abandoned it and laid on a bench complaining while I followed my DD9 around for nearly an hour, trying to convince her to give up after the half hour mark.

I would strongly prefer a shorter 10-15 minute mission, by country, in an order that would keep us moving through the park and keep the kids interested. Instead I had one annoyed bored child and one that was mad that we wouldn't let her do more missions.

VACamm 05-01-2013 07:39 AM

Awwww my 10 yr old son LOVES Agent P missions... I hink we have completed them all. We didnt think they were too long... and it forced us to notice the tiny details in each country while searching for clues.

mesaboy2 05-01-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbrown257 (Post 48256291)
My two sons were both excited about the new Agent P Adventures at World Showcase. When I first heard about it I thought it was an innovative way to keep youngsters engaged as parents toured the various country exhibits.

The problem in practice however is that the individual missions are too long, (sometimes taking 30-40 minutes to complete) and since the missions take you around various places in the exhibit, my wife and I were forced to chase around after the kids so we got little chance to experience what the individual country showcases had to offer. There are also 7 individual country missions so this activity can easily eat up half a day.

Fortunately even my son's who are rabid Agent P fans got bored after 4 missions so we were able to stop. I did see a lot of exhausted parents trying to keep up with their kids as they run from attraction to attraction in search of the next Agent P clue.

What I always like about World Showcase is the ability to casually walk around and take your time experience the attractions and activities. I would recommend to Disney to shorten the adventures to a more reasonable 10-15 minutes. Also because of the noise and crowds it is often hard to hear the device that is giving the clues and sometimes hard for little kids to decipher. It would be great if Disney gave parents a "cheat sheet" of the clues to help direct their kids through their adventure when they get stuck.

I still like the concept of the Agent P's Adventure game, it just needs to be tweeked a bit.

I think that's some of the point--it takes you places in each country you may not have noticed before. As for the length of the missions, I find them about right. I don't think the intention was for guests to necessarily do all seven in a day.

ironz 05-01-2013 07:54 AM

I'm gonna agree with the OP on the length. In between each clue, there is a LOT of dialog/storytelling/whathaveyou on the little phone thing. They could shorten that up by quite a bit and proceed to the clues.

As for not being able to hear it, I guess I got an extra loud one when we tried in January. I felt like everyone in Germany could hear it....esp in the smaller confines of the shops! (and no way we could find to turn it down)

Granted...we were 2 adults just trying it for fun, but this is in comparison from when I enjoyed the Kim Possible one several years ago--did not seem to take nearly as long, nor be as loud.

Lolsmum 05-01-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironz (Post 48265371)
I'm gonna agree with the OP on the length. In between each clue, there is a LOT of dialog/storytelling/whathaveyou on the little phone thing. They could shorten that up by quite a bit and proceed to the clues.

As for not being able to hear it, I guess I got an extra loud one when we tried in January. I felt like everyone in Germany could hear it....esp in the smaller confines of the shops! (and no way we could find to turn it down)

Granted...we were 2 adults just trying it for fun, but this is in comparison from when I enjoyed the Kim Possible one several years ago--did not seem to take nearly as long, nor be as loud.

The sound level is very different if you have two adults trying to hear it than if you are trying to share it between 2 adults, a 5 year old and a 6 year old. It's even worse with more people.

My kids love Agent P but found the missions to be a bit much after a while. Shorter missions would be a lot better.

buzzrelly 05-01-2013 08:08 AM

We just got back and my kids LOVED the Agent P missions. In fact, these allowed us to spend more time in the individual countries and see things that we normally wouldn't have taken the time to see. On each of our past trips, we would pretty much walk through the World Showcase but my kids were always bored so we never got to see much of anything at all. I'm so happy they added this. Plus, I liked the fact that you can just do one or two missions, or whatever you have time for. You certainly don't have to do them all at once! My kids made me take them back to EPCOT three times during our 9 day stay, specifically to do more missions.

I'm glad they don't give the parents cheat sheets...I don't mind my kids being responsible for completing their own mission, and I personally don't want to do it. The one or two times my kids were stuck, the people working in the countries were more than happy to help or give hints.

And lastly, my DS11 was trying to muffle the phones because he thought they were too loud! It's funny how people have had completely different experiences!

ghtx 05-01-2013 08:14 AM

I appreciate OP's input, but I disagree. It takes about 20-30 minutes to complete one mission (i.e. one country), and that's about right. If it were shorter, someone would post here complaining that it's too easy.

There's no reason why you should feel forced to complete more than one mission. It's very clear at the end of one mission that you have the option of continuing to another mission or stopping.

FYI OP, it sounds like your kids had a fun time with their 4 missions until they got bored, and you got to see lots of World Showcase in the process. Sounds like a good use of a couple of hours on an afternoon in Epcot!

Granny square 05-01-2013 08:19 AM

We did a couple with my nieces and had a ball. Saw lots, enjoyed the story. It was a good story, and they learned a bit. Happy happy happy. :)

AngiTN 05-01-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VACamm (Post 48265270)
Awwww my 10 yr old son LOVES Agent P missions... I hink we have completed them all. We didnt think they were too long... and it forced us to notice the tiny details in each country while searching for clues.

This mirrors how we feel about them. Individually they are just right and force you to take time to explore the country. If one thinks the missions are too long then just don't do them all. :confused3 We did one and moved on to other things. Worked quite well.

FortForever 05-01-2013 08:26 AM

A few tips -

You don't have to listen to all the dialogue, just skip through it by pressing the "ok" button.

Skip the clues and get right to the end of each mission by pressing the "help" button.

Pressing the "help" button a third time lets you skip that mission completely and move on to the next.

kamik86 05-01-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FortForever (Post 48265660)
A few tips -

You don't have to listen to all the dialogue, just skip through it by pressing the "ok" button.

Skip the clues and get right to the end of each mission by pressing the "help" button.

Pressing the "help" button a third time lets you skip that mission completely and move on to the next.

Wait what would be the point of skipping the clues and going to the end... I mean why do it at all then?

LOVEMY3KIDDOS 05-01-2013 09:23 AM

Question...last time we did this it was KP and you had to skip around to whatever country they sent you to. Does it still work in the same way or can you go consecutively through the countries now? That way, we can just go in order and enjoy some drinks and snacks while the kids complete missions...keeps them busy! I agree that 30 minutes in one country is great! We have at times spent more than that even! Certain countries really have a lot to look at!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.