The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Camping at Disney World (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Any perk to a vacation package? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099861)

DisneyMom73 04-21-2013 08:58 PM

Any perk to a vacation package?
 
We are planning on heading down there with the kids in late October. We'll be renting a pop up, so probably booking a partial hookup site. The dining pkg is not for us, but we will be getting 5-7 day tickets w/ park hopper. Is there any benefit to booking a pkg thru Disney, or just the site & get our tickets separately (& probably cheaper, from undercover tourist). It won't be our first time @ Disney, but will be our first staying on property.

Thanks for any input!

bama_ed 04-22-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyMom73 (Post 48174047)
We are planning on heading down there with the kids in late October. We'll be renting a pop up, so probably booking a partial hookup site. The dining pkg is not for us, but we will be getting 5-7 day tickets w/ park hopper. Is there any benefit to booking a pkg thru Disney, or just the site & get our tickets separately (& probably cheaper, from undercover tourist). It won't be our first time @ Disney, but will be our first staying on property.

Thanks for any input!

DisneyMom73, welcome to the Camping Board. :welcome:

I've not found any reason to book a package. There's no benefit other than convenience.

There are actually three negatives in my mind with a package.

A. your complete and total payment is due well in advance of arrival
B. the ability to cancel or change dates are more limited
C. as you point out, you can't take advantage of authorized ticket resellers.

I've never done a package but maybe I'm wrong too. Is there anyone out there with a valid benefit or value-added with a package? :coffee:

Bama Ed

PS - when you say late October, if you mean around Halloween, you might want to book soon. That is a popular weekend/week at the Fort.

DisneyMom73 04-22-2013 05:40 PM

Thanks Bama Ed!

That's kind of what I thought...

We'll be booking this week for the week of Halloween; I figured it would be a popular week. Can't wait!! The kids don't know yet ;)

tiggerdad 04-22-2013 05:52 PM

If you were staying at a resort like Port Orleans, then you might benefit from a package as they usually offer dining and room discounts if booked together. Staying at the Fort, probably not a benefit to package. If you are staying at Fort and doing your own cooking, then I see no advantage to the package, unless Disney offers some kind of special. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Desire HD using DISBoards

DisneyMom73 04-23-2013 09:59 AM

Thanks for the input! We're now officially booked for Halloween week!! :D

thegoofyfamily 04-23-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyMom73 (Post 48182497)
That's kind of what I thought...

We'll be booking this week for the week of Halloween; I figured it would be a popular week. Can't wait!! The kids don't know yet ;)

Book now! LOL Halloween is always sold out pretty quickly, so make sure you get your site! We'll be there too!

thegoofyfamily 04-23-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyMom73 (Post 48188029)
Thanks for the input! We're now officially booked for Halloween week!! :D

:banana:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.