The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Is this common with Fidelity? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3093869)

monorailmom 04-09-2013 06:30 PM

Is this common with Fidelity?
 
We've made three offers so far that have allegedly been flatly regected by the seller. We have checked the thread that tells what went through ROFR, so we know we didn't come in crazy low or anything..if anything, we've been mid to high. Each time we've made an offer, the realtor has not gotten back to us. When we get in touch with her, she says the offer has been rejected, without a counter offer. Do you think the offer is even being made? We are very surprised and disappointed with this level of customer service, but unfortunately, Fidelity has the most amount of listings. Thoughts??

lchute1158 04-09-2013 06:35 PM

I have had the same exact problem. Made several offers.... No response. After a few day I'll ask and said it was rejected no counter offer. Then I ask why is everyone else posting great price per point deals and I cannot even fit a counter...... No response....

e46m3 04-09-2013 06:37 PM

Same thing happened to me. I think they are understaffed and their systems are not updated making them very inefficient at doing things.

dbs1228 04-09-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monorailmom (Post 48059205)
We've made three offers so far that have allegedly been flatly regected by the seller. We have checked the thread that tells what went through ROFR, so we know we didn't come in crazy low or anything..if anything, we've been mid to high. Each time we've made an offer, the realtor has not gotten back to us. When we get in touch with her, she says the offer has been rejected, without a counter offer. Do you think the offer is even being made? We are very surprised and disappointed with this level of customer service, but unfortunately, Fidelity has the most amount of listings. Thoughts??

I do not know why they would not have gotten back to you - thats unacceptable. As far as sellers rejecting offers the thing I have learned over the past month is there is more demand then supply of contracts right now and sellers are realizing it slowly but surely. Our 1st contract sent to Disney was BWV 55.00PP this years points and it was the asking price - Disney took it. Second contract was listed for 60.00PP fully loaded I made a full price offer and sellers wanted to know why its was sold so quick - long story short I walked away and sellers raised the price to 70.00PP and someone offered more then that. Third contract was listed at 72.00PP BWV loaded and I offered 65.00 and it was accepted about an hour later. I think those who listed around 65.00 - 70.00PP (using BWV as an example) are waiting to get just that where as up until mid Feb those same contracts were selling in the mid 50.00PP range. Talk to the broker ask them what they think is a reasonable offer but you still have to do what is right for you.

Good luck

PinMan 04-09-2013 07:14 PM

interesting , seems to be a high demand

bradr325 04-09-2013 07:17 PM

Every company I've talked with says that the Disney properties are flying of the shelf.

wdrl 04-09-2013 07:38 PM

I highly doubt any foul play on the part of the realtor. Realtors have nothing to gain by not communicating an offer to the seller. Realtors make their money by doing volume business. The more sales they make, the more money they make. Realtors make nothing when a sale doesn't occur.

However, one would hope that a realtor would have the courtesy of keeping prospective buyers informed when offers are rejected. The realtor could explain why the offer was rejected and advise the buyer what alternative actions could be taken.

JimMIA 04-09-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdrl (Post 48059899)
I highly doubt any foul play on the part of the realtor. Realtors have nothing to gain by not communicating an offer to the seller. Realtors make their money by doing volume business. The more sales they make, the more money they make. Realtors make nothing when a sale doesn't occur.

However, one would hope that a realtor would have the courtesy of keeping prospective buyers informed when offers are rejected. The realtor could explain why the offer was rejected and advise the buyer what alternative actions could be taken.

I agree.

I'm not bashful about criticizing any broker who is unprofessional, incompetent, etc -- but I really doubt there is anything sinister going on. I don't think a broker would risk their license by just not tendering offers and telling their customer they had.

monorailmom 04-09-2013 08:12 PM

Thanks everyone....we weren't`t so much thinking foul play as just very poor service! We`'ve purchased two homes, and are accustomed to an agent who is much more proactive in getting a sale made. Why not call us back, or give us advice on how to make an offer? Just seems strange.

AddieAidey 04-09-2013 08:20 PM

Had the same thing happen with me in March with Fidelity. I saw that the market was changing and contracts were going up in price due to the direct increase. I moved along to another company and was just lucky that they had the right contract listed the very next day. Fidelity is just too swamped. I don't believe it is all the brokers fault. They are overworked and don't have an efficient system for support.

If you can help it, I would move along and call someone to let them know what you are looking for and hopefully they will have something in the pipeline for you :)

fmer55 04-09-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monorailmom (Post 48060295)
Thanks everyone....we weren't`t so much thinking foul play as just very poor service! We`'ve purchased two homes, and are accustomed to an agent who is much more proactive in getting a sale made. Why not call us back, or give us advice on how to make an offer? Just seems strange.

Just a warning, no matter how much you are spending this is much different than buying a house. People change their minds daily on both sides, buyers and sellers. Their is no recourse for the buyer, you just have to hope that the seller you are dealing with is on the up and up.

One piece of advice I will give regarding Fidelity is to get them on the phone. I have had 2 contracts go through with them, 1 fall apart and an offer recently accepted. I have the direct numbers to both of their main agents and never seem to have a problem getting them on the phone. I have, though , had a few emails fall through the cracks.

I do believe they are thoroughly understaffed in this market, In their defense I did have an offer sit unresponded to for 3 days from one of the others firms as well.

MickeyFan612 04-09-2013 08:35 PM

First off there are way more buyers than brokers! One really has to work hard at finding a contract because the brokers simply don't have enough desirable contracts to go around! Brokers now make everyone wait til the new listings are posted because most new listings sell immdeiately! I think you'd be surprised how many are competing for these resale contracts- The countless threads on here recommending resale are working:)

fmer55 04-09-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickeyFan612 (Post 48060588)
The countless threads on here recommending resale are working:)

Working for who? I would say they are working for the sellers, prices are skyrocketing, less than a year ago I bought BWV for $50pp, a contract with full points. Today that contract could sell for 70 and there is only 29 years left on it. I would argue that in 15-19 years the contract with be virtually be worthless.

A smart man would dump that contract now and turn it into a BLT contract with an extra 18 years left on it for an extra $10-15pp. But I never claimed to be a smart man:lmao:

Just One dummies opinion;)

KAT4DISNEY 04-09-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmer55 (Post 48061739)
Working for who? I would say they are working for the sellers,

Recommendations for resale are beneficial to both sellers and buyers. They still cost significantly less than direct and sellers have a market for something they can't use or don't want anymore.

fmer55 04-09-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY (Post 48061886)
Recommendations for resale are beneficial to both sellers and buyers. They still cost significantly less than direct and sellers have a market for something they can't use or don't want anymore.

I am not a seller and not concerned with sellers. If you reread my post, I expect my BWV and OKW contracts to be worth zero by the time I am ready to sell. And I would like to think these boards, specifically ROFR board at this time are artificially inflating prices.

How many times have you heard the question, should I offer more than asking to avoid ROFR? We do not know what drives ROFR and should never tell someone to offer more than asking. Have you ever walked into the grocery store and told them their sale price was too cheap? I insist on paying more. If you want to avoid ROFR, which you have no reason why/when they exercise , then buy direct and leave the cheap prices for me please:thumbsup2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.