The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The College Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   The Official Spring 2014 Professional Internship Thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3089967)

Krystal1 04-02-2013 01:47 PM

The Official Spring 2014 Professional Internship Thread

Hey guys!

I just thought it was a great time for us PI Hopefuls to start a thread for this upcoming round of PI Applications! Applications should be out around August-September 2013, which seems far off, but I'm sure it'll be here before we know it! I've also created a Facebook group for us to interact, share expertise, and get to know each other through this whole process.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/286342684825703/

A little about myself......My name is Krystal and I'll be graduating this July with my Bachelor of Science in Entertainment Policy and Management! My heart is set on the Conservation Education Presenter PI with Animal Kingdom, however the more I work in my field the more I realize I want to do something more hands on. So hopefully I can get my Scuba certification before apps come out, which will enable me to qualify for some other Animal Science Internships! I've recently been accepted for my first CP beginning Fall 2012, and this will also be my first time applying for a PI!

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Krystal

TheWickerMan 04-02-2013 04:07 PM

Depending on how my application goes for this summer's PI's... I may be back to this thread.

pipermae 04-02-2013 07:20 PM

Still waiting to hear back for fall... if those don't work out, I'll be applying for spring!

Krystal1 04-02-2013 11:26 PM

Im hoping both of you hear back on your PI's and get in soon! :)

TheWickerMan 04-26-2013 08:25 PM

Well I was just NLIC'd for my fall 2013 PI, so I eagerly await restarting this process in August!

jessicak 04-26-2013 10:25 PM

Hi Krystal! I'm also a Spring 2014 hopeful. :) So you're applying for the program during the semester that you graduate? I am trying to decide whether to do that or to apply now because I can't take time off school. Your major sounds very cool! Thanks for starting this thread.

pipermae 04-26-2013 10:50 PM

Officially NLIC as of this evening along with what seems like a mass wave. It's okay though! I'm going to apply again! :thumbsup2

hmbishop710 08-12-2013 11:20 AM

I am also a Disney PI 2014 hopeful! I completed the DCP in the Fall of 2009 and absolutely loved it!! I highly recommend it to everyone. Since then, it has become my dream to do a PI in accounting and then make a career at Disney. I will graduate in May 2014 with my bachelor's in professional accountancy and want to start my PI after that. Any suggestions from fellow hopefuls who have been through the process before?

Thanks,

Hope

flyslyw 08-12-2013 06:57 PM

I don't have any suggestions, I'm just another 2014 hopeful, also graduating next may. I've been reading up on tips for PI applicants for months now haha.

hmbishop710 08-13-2013 02:18 PM

Yeah, I've done the same thing! I just so badly want to get a PI.

eadavis 08-13-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmbishop710 (Post 49259580)
I am also a Disney PI 2014 hopeful! I completed the DCP in the Fall of 2009 and absolutely loved it!! I highly recommend it to everyone. Since then, it has become my dream to do a PI in accounting and then make a career at Disney. I will graduate in May 2014 with my bachelor's in professional accountancy and want to start my PI after that. Any suggestions from fellow hopefuls who have been through the process before?

Thanks,

Hope

Given your accounting background, I'd recommend looking into the Finance related PI's. Not exactly accounting, but you get an idea of the "numbers" side of things. You'll see very few, if any accounting opportunities in Florida as most is done in California. However, there are many opportunities within Finance.

heaven2dc 08-29-2013 01:01 AM

I just applied to two similar marketing PI's this evening so keeping my fingers crossed. This will be my last chance as I graduate in November - anxious to hear who else is applying for 2014!!

ibaw 08-30-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eadavis (Post 49273774)
Given your accounting background, I'd recommend looking into the Finance related PI's. Not exactly accounting, but you get an idea of the "numbers" side of things. You'll see very few, if any accounting opportunities in Florida as most is done in California. However, there are many opportunities within Finance.

Having participated in the Accounting / Finance internship with WDP&R .. it really depends on the semester what opportunities are available. The accounting / finance internships are driven by an executive leadership team which works with the departments to establish the semester's opportunities.

Best of luck to everyone in pursuit of PIs. I personally participated in 2 and they were some of the best experiences I have ever had. Any questions let me know!

Wishes Count 08-31-2013 04:22 PM

Submitted my application for management internships. Please send me pixie dust!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

heaven2dc 08-31-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishes Count (Post 49440965)
Submitted my application for management internships. Please send me pixie dust!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sending tons of pixie dust!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: pixiedust: