The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Really no benefit to stay "on Property" anymore (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3083527)

Postal68 03-20-2013 04:57 PM

Really no benefit to stay "on Property" anymore

They are taking away all the perks of staying at a Disney hotel. It's not worth paying the extra $$$$. Stay off site, and extend your vacation.

mesaboy2 03-20-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postal68 (Post 47859873)
They are taking away all the perks of staying at a Disney hotel. It's not worth paying the extra $$$$. Stay off site, and extend your vacation.

I disagree for now at least. We'll see what evolves in the coming months and years.

rdaughtery 03-20-2013 05:01 PM

Why do you say that? Basically, my favorite perk is the fact that the bus just drops us off right at the main gate. I couldn't imagine parking in the parking lot, and going through all the hoopla just to get in the park. Magic hours are not a good thing in my opinion anyways, because the park gets way to crowded!

LaurenT 03-20-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postal68

I hear ya....
I actually stay on and offsite. I'll probably continue to do that, even if they take away EMH all together. I'm sure there'll be some other benefit coming along to replace it. I like being offsite in a huge three bedroom with all the comforts of home and my car there to run to the store or get from park to park whenever I like.
I also like being onsite where I don't have to worry about driving anywhere, I can have three cocktails if I want...and where the awesome resort pools and other amenities make me feel very pampered. And where I can take DD and have DH meet us, or vice versa without worrying about who has the car.....

Lorilais_mommie 03-20-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdaughtery
Why do you say that? Basically, my favorite perk is the fact that the bus just drops us off right at the main gate. I couldn't imagine parking in the parking lot, and going through all the hoopla just to get in the park. Magic hours are not a good thing in my opinion anyways, because the park gets way to crowded!

And magical express!
These options alone is why DH will never let me book offsite again!

Unless they are offering FREE rental cars! ;-)

DH drives in heavy traffic everyday.. Not having to to drive anywhere HUGE perk for us!

siskaren 03-20-2013 05:08 PM

I like not having to rent a car and I definitely like DME. I've rarely taken advantage of EMH.

Kellykins1218 03-20-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdaughtery (Post 47859913)

:thumbsup2 I love being "in the middle" of Disney. I don't care if I get in early but I want my kids to experience the magic of sleeping surrounded by giant Disney characters. Staying onsite is just fun!

ThreeBeans 03-20-2013 05:10 PM

I disagree :confused3

Lorilais_mommie 03-20-2013 05:11 PM

This is not a perk for me..
But many people like the DDP.. Which you can only get if your on site..

We have done both, but will not be doing DDP again..

There are still other who do and view it as a perk..

RachaelA 03-20-2013 05:12 PM

What has gone away other than losing an EMH in the summer and shortening evening EMH?

growinupdisney 03-20-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdaughtery (Post 47859913)

:thumbsup2 Same here!!!

Lorilais_mommie 03-20-2013 05:15 PM

One more from me...

Disney costumer service..
DH and I have stayed in many non-disney hotels and every time we do. We are disappointed..
I don't know what we are expecting, since we know its NOT disney.. But we are just spoiled I guess..

Alesia 03-20-2013 05:15 PM

Not having to rent a car is the absolute biggest perk for us.

siskaren 03-20-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachaelA (Post 47860012)
What has gone away other than losing an EMH in the summer and shortening evening EMH?

That's what I was wondering, too.

jade1 03-20-2013 05:18 PM

I will stay offsite as long as I can be in my room 5 minutes after Illuminations (BCV).