The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Ohana for Breakfast Question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079834)

pegrad1 03-13-2013 10:49 PM

Ohana for Breakfast Question

We are having breakfast one morning at Ohana. Do they give you a lei or is the character interaction kind of a trade-off? Is the lei just a dinner thing & the characters just a morning thing?
This breakfast is just one of a few surprises I have in store for my teens!
I got Character's in Flight Groupons & the day we leave they get to para-glide(?) I think that's what it's called anyway!
p/s: DIS Boards has been a blessing in my nine months of vacation planning! Thank you all!

OMGIMGOING 03-14-2013 07:57 AM

Yes they do in fact give u them at breakfast as Well as dinner.

3Rouselings 03-14-2013 08:59 AM

:goodvibes I couldn't imagine trying to plan a trip with the DIS!

serene56 03-14-2013 09:10 AM

We ate breakfast at Ohana on a Sunday for labor day weekend.
We did not get a Lei.

Kids participate in a parade that is done on the hours and at 30. so if you get seated at 10 after you just missed the parade.

Do not think teens would be interested in the parade though

Quote:

Originally Posted by pegrad1 (Post 47793159)
I got Character's in Flight Groupons &! !

I would not buy this. This attraction is very weather sensitive. It may not feel windy out, but they will ground the balloon because of high wind and you could be out of luck.

jordanri 03-14-2013 09:14 AM

last two times i went to o'hanna for breakfast there were lei's. you get them when you take the optional picture. if for whatever reason you can't get one there, in the morning curbside has them as you enter the hotel and you can always ask the front desk for them!

jennynwdw 03-14-2013 03:33 PM

Yes.

Ohana is my favorite character breakfast! The food is yummy and you don't have to serve yourself at a buffet! You should get a Lei at breakfast. We did.

lovetoscrap 03-14-2013 05:15 PM

moving to the Restaurants board

pegrad1 03-15-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serene56 (Post 47795438)

Do not think teens would be interested in the parade though

I would not buy this. This attraction is very weather sensitive. It may not feel windy out, but they will ground the balloon because of high wind and you could be out of luck.

Thank goodness mine are pretty laid back. They certainly won't mind the parade & will probably think it's cute. I can tell you one thing for sure, they wouldn't even think of participating! :laughing:
I think they will enjoy the atmosphere but more than anything my son will appreciate the not so feminine characters since we are already doing Cinderella's Castle & Park Fair.

The price for the Groupon for the balloon was pretty good & I figured there will be one day we can go for it. If not, not much was lost. I like to be educated on what to expect, so I appreciate the input. Fortunately, I try not to sweat the small stuff! :cool1:

Thanks everyone for the great responses! Love the DIS!!

lemondog 03-15-2013 10:00 PM

We have eaten breakfast at 'Ohana every trip and always gotten leis.