The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   pbh redecoration (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079725)

kingken 03-13-2013 06:13 PM

pbh redecoration
 
doea anyone know if the rececoration at pbh has finished, were there august 17th, thanks

scratchboat 03-15-2013 09:08 AM

I spoke to a Universal Reservation agent today about renovations at the Portofino Bay Resort and the agent said that work on the exterior is on-going.

In my case she said the "Deluxe 2-Queen Room" I was looking to reserve would be newly refurbished, but that "... the view outside my window might be 'different' due to the work going at the resort".

I didn't think to ask what that would mean for noise & vibration, but I should have!:sad2: Anyone been there lately who can report on how extensive or intrusive the renovations are to hotel guests?

damo 03-15-2013 09:10 AM

Weird. I thought the exterior renovations were all done. Hmmmm.

scratchboat 03-15-2013 10:25 AM

Well the room description for the booking code describes the room as:
Deluxe 2 Queen Room

Elegantly appointed Deluxe Rooms offer an even larger living space at 490 square feet, plus a stylish and roomy bathroom featuring a separate tub and shower. Features two queen beds, marble accents and elegant furnishings from Italy. In addition to the extra comfort, you'll enjoy a view of the serene Villa Pool and surrounding gardens or the dramatic Roman aqueduct-styled Beach Pool.

So could the renovations still be ongoing in this area of the resort only? Anyone know why Loews would be offering discounted rates on rooms with these views only?

:banana:BTW I learned of this special room upgrade for Annual Pass Holders here:
http://emailassets.nbcuni.com/univer...L_webview.html

nhrenee 03-15-2013 07:31 PM

Has anyone been able to snag AP deal Scratchboat linked to? I put in a variety of dates and they all said not available.

scratchboat 03-15-2013 07:56 PM

OK - I think the issue you're having with checking dates for the PBH Double Room Upgrade is that the link from Universal site is pasting the code incorrectly. The code should simply be "APHPDD". I notice that the Promotion code listed in the left margin of the Loews Hotel site has extraneous characters entered after the code. Try shortening the code and searching for your dates again ...

damo 03-15-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scratchboat (Post 47811609)
OK - I think the issue you're having with checking dates for the PBH Double Room Upgrade is that the link from Universal site is pasting the code incorrectly. The code should simply be "APHPDD". I notice that the Promotion code listed in the left margin of the Loews Hotel site has extraneous characters entered after the code. Try shortening the code and searching for your dates again ...

That code works.

DryCreek 03-15-2013 09:13 PM

Well, we'll be there in May. I hope that the view (garden view) is pleasant enough. I also hope that we can get a standard King room upgrade from our Standard Two-Queen room already booked. I am used to a king-sized bed. I know, I am spoiled - but I'll be on vacation, shouldn't they spoil me too?

damo 03-16-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCreek (Post 47812251)
Well, we'll be there in May. I hope that the view (garden view) is pleasant enough. I also hope that we can get a standard King room upgrade from our Standard Two-Queen room already booked. I am used to a king-sized bed. I know, I am spoiled - but I'll be on vacation, shouldn't they spoil me too?

That isn't even an upgrade. It wouldn't cost any more. There just must not be any King rooms available. Often, when there is a conference going on, they book up all the king rooms.

mjohnson96 03-16-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damo (Post 47815578)
That isn't even an upgrade. It wouldn't cost any more. There just must not be any King rooms available. Often, when there is a conference going on, they book up all the king rooms.

If you are going around May 13th there is a SAP conference going on in town that has most the hotels booked and I know that PBH is on the list of rooms you can select.

nhrenee 03-16-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scratchboat (Post 47811609)
OK - I think the issue you're having with checking dates for the PBH Double Room Upgrade is that the link from Universal site is pasting the code incorrectly. The code should simply be "APHPDD". I notice that the Promotion code listed in the left margin of the Loews Hotel site has extraneous characters entered after the code. Try shortening the code and searching for your dates again ...

Thanks!!

cieslack 03-17-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scratchboat (Post 47806715)
Well the room description for the booking code describes the room as:
Deluxe 2 Queen Room

Elegantly appointed Deluxe Rooms offer an even larger living space at 490 square feet, plus a stylish and roomy bathroom featuring a separate tub and shower. Features two queen beds, marble accents and elegant furnishings from Italy. In addition to the extra comfort, you'll enjoy a view of the serene Villa Pool and surrounding gardens or the dramatic Roman aqueduct-styled Beach Pool.

So could the renovations still be ongoing in this area of the resort only? Anyone know why Loews would be offering discounted rates on rooms with these views only?

:banana:BTW I learned of this special room upgrade for Annual Pass Holders here:
http://emailassets.nbcuni.com/univer...L_webview.html

What am I missing? What are you seeing with this code? I simply see SMSM rates. I know it's me, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

damo 03-17-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cieslack (Post 47823041)
What am I missing? What are you seeing with this code? I simply see SMSM rates. I know it's me, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The code probably doesn't work for all dates. What dates are you checking?

When it does work, it says that it is an AP rate with upgraded room.

cieslack 03-17-2013 08:59 PM

Once again, you are right, Damo. I checked different dates and found the upgrade special rates. Thanks again.

RMulieri 04-09-2013 01:09 PM

Just an update: According to the resort and another source , the refurb/redecorating at PBH is completed finally.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.