The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Sea World / Discovery Cove (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Seaworld 2nd day now FREE again (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079336)

KBF 03-13-2013 02:11 AM

Seaworld 2nd day now FREE again

Good News for those visiting Seaworld. According to the theme park attractions website, screamscape.com, as of March 8th 2013 Seaworld is again offering a 2nd day free at the park with a purchase of a full price ticket.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/seaworld_florida.htm

Quote:

(3/8/13) SeaWorld Orlando has brought back their old “Second Day Free” promotion for anyone who buys a full priced ticket. To get the second day ticket guests are sent to a “Vacation Experience Center"

sleepymomof4 03-19-2013 11:42 AM

Has anyone been and used this yet? We are going next week and would possibly go for a couple of hours on arrival night, but only if it going to be free the next day.

angelmom27 03-19-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepymomof4
Has anyone been and used this yet? We are going next week and would possibly go for a couple of hours on arrival night, but only if it going to be free the next day.

You can always call and verify it.

Social Worker Sue 03-20-2013 07:48 AM

I am so bummed:sad: I just bought SW tix from Undercover Tourist yesterday.

What are my chances of upgrading UCT tix to the 2nd Day Free?

angelmom27 03-20-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Social Worker Sue
I am so bummed:sad: I just bought SW tix from Undercover Tourist yesterday.

What are my chances of upgrading UCT tix to the 2nd Day Free?

Really the 2nd day free is kind of a trick with words. Cause if you buy the $79 one day pass online you can get the 2nd day for $10 at the park. Now if you buy the passes online and request 2nd day free you have to pay $89 which is gate price since you can't get both deals. So really its all in the wording that makes people think they get a 2nd day free.

angelmom27 03-20-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepymomof4

Not sure if you called yet but if you read my last post above this I figured something out so I am sure you can get the 2nd day free.

Social Worker Sue 03-20-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelmom27 (Post 47857583)
Really the 2nd day free is kind of a trick with words. Cause if you buy the $79 one day pass online you can get the 2nd day for $10 at the park. Now if you buy the passes online and request 2nd day free you have to pay $89 which is gate price since you can't get both deals. So really its all in the wording that makes people think they get a 2nd day free.

Thank you! :flower3:

sleepymomof4 03-21-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelmom27 (Post 47857598)
Not sure if you called yet but if you read my last post above this I figured something out so I am sure you can get the 2nd day free.

Thank you.

maurene 03-23-2013 06:16 AM

We went to Seaworld yesterday. I already had 3 tickets I bought with credit card points. We bought 1 more at the gate kiosk and got a coupon back for a free second day. At Vacation Experiences I was able to exchange all 4 tickets for second day tickets.

Note - the coupon said you had to redeem it by 3:00. Not sure if they enforce that.

angelmom27 03-23-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maurene
We went to Seaworld yesterday. I already had 3 tickets I bought with credit card points. We bought 1 more at the gate kiosk and got a coupon back for a free second day. At Vacation Experiences I was able to exchange all 4 tickets for second day tickets.

Note - the coupon said you had to redeem it by 3:00. Not sure if they enforce that.

Did you have to deal with timeshare stuff??

Nellas Elensar 03-23-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelmom27 (Post 47886010)
Did you have to deal with timeshare stuff??

I would like to know about this too. TIA!!

maurene 03-23-2013 08:26 PM

No. I was at the counter for 2-3 minutes max. He mentioned discounted tickets for Busch gardens and Aquatica. And then said we could get $100 for sitting through a timeshare presentation one morning at downtown disney. But he didn't ask me to schedule anything. And he was typing in the needed info for the 2nd day tickets while he was talking. He just needed our names, I think.

Nellas Elensar 03-23-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maurene (Post 47890228)
No. I was at the counter for 2-3 minutes max. He mentioned discounted tickets for Busch gardens and Aquatica. And then said we could get $100 for sitting through a timeshare presentation one morning at downtown disney. But he didn't ask me to schedule anything. And he was typing in the needed info for the 2nd day tickets while he was talking. He just needed our names, I think.

Interesting that it wasn't a "hard sell" kind of thing. Thanks for the info!!! Wonder if they'd have done it this way if you hadn't bought that extra ticket??? We'll have all our tickets beforehand, so I'm just wondering if the "timeshare people" will be more insistent if we already had all our tickets without a coupon to upgrade. Have you noticed this kind of transaction while you were there?

hydrotony 03-23-2013 11:47 PM

Also, the $89 cost ($81 child) is the same as the cost of the Fun Pass which gives you admission for every day of calendar year 2013. I always get confused when Florida residents who go for even one day, don't buy the fun pass.

Nellas Elensar 03-23-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrotony (Post 47891647)
Also, the $89 cost ($81 child) is the same as the cost of the Fun Pass which gives you admission for every day of calendar year 2013. I always get confused when Florida residents who go for even one day, don't buy the fun pass.

As I live in KY and can only take one vacation each year, this would not be a good option for me. :( If I lived in FL, then I would definitely buy this instead of worrying about the 2nd Day Free option. :P