The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sharon at Fidelity is Great (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3079112)

wordwitt 03-12-2013 04:39 PM

Sharon at Fidelity is Great

With all the talk about Fidelity maybe not being as responsive as other companies, I have to tell you that Sharon has been very, very responsive . I am just a prospective buyer (not quite at the offer stage) with lots of questions, and she has been so quick to respond that it has really impressed me.

jenbelles 03-12-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordwitt (Post 47778554)
With all the talk about Fidelity maybe not being as responsive as other companies, I have to tell you that Sharon has been very, very responsive . I am just a prospective buyer (not quite at the offer stage) with lots of questions, and she has been so quick to respond that it has really impressed me.

That is good to know. When I contacted Fidelity a few weeks ago, I was linked to another agent. I called several times and sent a few emails and I never heard back.

e46m3 03-12-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenbelles

That is good to know. When I contacted Fidelity a few weeks ago, I was linked to another agent. I called several times and sent a few emails and I never heard back.

Me too.

dbs1228 03-12-2013 05:41 PM

I have talked to both Shawn and Sharon - they both have been very helpful communication is very good.

I am glad to see that since it was not that way a few years ago!

kkolbusz1 03-12-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e46m3 (Post 47779081)
Me too.

Im now in the process of buying. I contacted many companies to start with questions. Another company is avail. 7 days a wk. So i had him submit the offer. Found out from sharon that they hang on to those offers essentially & deal with their customers 1st even if an offer from a co broker came through 1st. Turns out that one wasnt going to workout anyway so we've decided to work with sharon directly. Waiting to hear back on an offer we submitted today!

MapleGirl 03-15-2013 08:25 AM

I'm working with Sharon too. She's been great.

heynowirv 03-15-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbs1228
I have talked to both Shawn and Sharon - they both have been very helpful communication is very good.

I am glad to see that since it was not that way a few years ago!

I bought a small SSR resale from Sharon as well in 2011 and that went really smooth and easy.

TinkTatoo 03-16-2013 10:51 AM

Would someone mind PM'ing me with Sharon's e-mail address, I've contacted Shawn by phone and e-mail earlier this week and haven't had a reply so I thought I might give Sharon a try

PCMama 03-16-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo
Would someone mind PM'ing me with Sharon's e-mail address, I've contacted Shawn by phone and e-mail earlier this week and haven't had a reply so I thought I might give Sharon a try

I found you have to be persistent and email and call everyday. Yes I felt like a pain in the butt but we offered on Wednesday, got accepted by Friday, contract the following Tuesday and submitted to rofr Wednesday. Keep in mind I live in Hawaii so this all occurred with a 5-6 hour time difference.

TinkTatoo 03-17-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCMama (Post 47821582)
I found you have to be persistent and email and call everyday. Yes I felt like a pain in the butt but we offered on Wednesday, got accepted by Friday, contract the following Tuesday and submitted to rofr Wednesday. Keep in mind I live in Hawaii so this all occurred with a 5-6 hour time difference.

Thanks, I'm in the same boat as you with the time difference as we're in Ireland (although ours is 5 hours the other way)

disbound09 03-17-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo (Post 47822061)
Thanks, I'm in the same boat as you with the time difference as we're in Ireland (although ours is 5 hours the other way)

A little Irish Luck your way! :thumbsup2 Happy St Patricks Day!!

TinkTatoo 03-17-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disbound09 (Post 47823402)
A little Irish Luck your way! :thumbsup2 Happy St Patricks Day!!

JimMIA 03-17-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkolbusz1 (Post 47781604)
Found out from sharon that they hang on to those offers essentially & deal with their customers 1st even if an offer from a co broker came through 1st.

I've seen this claim before, but I doubt if it is true. That would be unethical treatment of their own customers -- the owners who listed their contract for sale with Fidelity. In timeshare resales, the brokers are usually transaction brokers and have legal and ethical responsibilities to both the seller and the buyer.

I would think they could lose their license if they got caught non-tendering legitimate offers.

cseca 03-19-2013 04:41 PM

Would someone kindly pm me her email as well?
I've been trying to get anyone from fidelity to call me back and so far nothing :(
I would go with TS but they don't have the listing I need.

kkolbusz1 03-19-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMIA (Post 47824330)
I've seen this claim before, but I doubt if it is true. That would be unethical treatment of their own customers -- the owners who listed their contract for sale with Fidelity. In timeshare resales, the brokers are usually transaction brokers and have legal and ethical responsibilities to both the seller and the buyer.

I would think they could lose their license if they got caught non-tendering legitimate offers.

I have the email from sharon that says so.