The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Reservations (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   New Disney Website, can you still make 180+10 dining reservations online? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072068)

DisneyFive 02-27-2013 01:42 PM

New Disney Website, can you still make 180+10 dining reservations online?

Just preparing for our dining reservations this year using this new My Experience website...

Our 180 days for making dining reservations is coming up soon, but with the new Disney Website, are you still able to make dining reservations for 180+10?

Looking at the website as it is now, you cant even choose a day past 180. How do you get your +10 days?

P.S. Ive seen the issues that others have had with trying to BOG, but this has nothing to do with that.

Dan

mmdmkmmm 02-27-2013 01:49 PM

We hit 180 on Monday and were only able to book one day online. I called in and made all of the reservations with no issue, except for BOG, of course.

MainStreetMomma 02-27-2013 03:11 PM

It's the new website... but they haven't updated the website as accessed by an iPad. I was having trouble on my 180 day mark and tried logging on via the iPad, and lo and behold it was the old website which gave me no problems. It took a while to get everything punched in and secured, but it worked and I had all my reservations before the phone lines opened at 7. Try your iPad, if you have one!

BelleBway 02-27-2013 07:50 PM

If you don't have an iPad (or don't want to use your iPad), you can also download Safari browser for windows and have it mimic an iPad web browser.

You can Safari it to act like an iPad browser by first going into the Preferences menu and being sure that "Show Develop menu in menu bar" is checked. Then, under the "Develop" menu you can find an option for "User Agent"; I set mine to "Safari iOs 4.3.3 -IPad" and voila- the old Disney dining reservations website is at my disposal!

DisneyFive 02-28-2013 08:06 AM

I'm shocked that Disney rolled out their new website before they even had the ability to book dining reservations with the 180+10 feature! :sad2::mad::crazy2: Internet Explorer is far and away the most used web browser, and for them not to include the option for the +10 day dining reservations is shocking to me! Their website has always been bad, but this is simply ridiculous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MainStreetMomma (Post 47646942)
It's the new website... but they haven't updated the website as accessed by an iPad. I was having trouble on my 180 day mark and tried logging on via the iPad, and lo and behold it was the old website which gave me no problems. It took a while to get everything punched in and secured, but it worked and I had all my reservations before the phone lines opened at 7. Try your iPad, if you have one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelleBway (Post 47649783)
If you don't have an iPad (or don't want to use your iPad), you can also download Safari browser for windows and have it mimic an iPad web browser.

You can Safari it to act like an iPad browser by first going into the Preferences menu and being sure that "Show Develop menu in menu bar" is checked. Then, under the "Develop" menu you can find an option for "User Agent"; I set mine to "Safari iOs 4.3.3 -IPad" and voila- the old Disney dining reservations website is at my disposal!

Thanks for the help!!! I'll look into the Safari option. If it lets me book the old way, that is great!

Dan

Minnesota! 02-28-2013 09:45 AM

I have been able to do the 180+10...use Safari on one Mac and Google Chrome on my PC.

slambin 03-24-2013 06:15 AM

I was not able to do it with Google Chrome, but the iPad worked perfectly. Thanks for the tip. It saved me the frustration of sitting on the phone.