The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Worst Disney surprise ever!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3068746)

dwsandy 02-21-2013 04:34 PM

Worst Disney surprise ever!!

A local school in my area had the teachers play a very cruel joke on the grade 8 classes. Just wondered what you thoughts are and if you ever played any "Disney pranks" on anyone? Here is the link to the article from the paper

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/02...liation-tears/

mesaboy2 02-21-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwsandy
A local school in my area had the teachers play a very cruel joke on the grade 8 classes. Just wondered what you thoughts are and if you ever played any "Disney pranks" on anyone? Here is the link to the article from the paper

http://blogs.windsorstar.com/2013/02...liation-tears/

I'm not sure which is worse--lying to 8th graders that they're going to Disney World or telling them they're "graduating".

LaurenT 02-21-2013 04:43 PM

I think it's awful and I hope the teachers realize how awful it was.

johnnydakota 02-21-2013 04:49 PM

I wonder how many of those teachers got to ride in a tow truck after their tires were slashed.

2010_Bride 02-21-2013 04:56 PM

As a teacher, I am disgusted by this prank.

dwsandy 02-21-2013 05:08 PM

I just feel so bad for the kids. How disappointing and then to have video of it is just so cruel and disgusting. The fact that they put so much effort into it is unbelievable! How could they think this was okay? I hope they get reprimanded.

Shannon12 02-21-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaboy2 (Post 47583741)
I'm not sure which is worse--lying to 8th graders that they're going to Disney World or telling them they're "graduating".

One of the definitions of graduating is: to pass from one stage of experience, proficiency, or prestige to a usually higher one

So they are basically graduation from middle/Jr high to high school. I see nothing wrong with that phrasing.

That was a REALLY mean trick to play.

baboo800 02-21-2013 05:17 PM

ha ha thats hilarious.wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see this

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

lizabu 02-21-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon12

One of the definitions of graduating is: to pass from one stage of experience, proficiency, or prestige to a usually higher one

So they are basically graduation from middle/Jr high to high school. I see nothing wrong with that phrasing.

In Canada kids go from JK to grade 8 in primary school and then Grade 9 to 12 at high school. They actually have a Grade 8 Graduation ceremony. They get a certificate and everything. There's usually a party and boys wear suits and girls wear formal gowns.

This joke wasn't funny at all.

DisGirl819 02-21-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010_Bride
As a teacher, I am disgusted by this prank.

I'm a teacher too and I feel the same way. It's disgusting that those teachers did that.

mom2rtk 02-21-2013 05:22 PM

It's amazing what passes for a sense of humor these days.

mesaboy2 02-21-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

In my day, not that long ago, you graduated from high school and if you were fortunate and driven you graduated from college--that was it. I'm with Bob Parr on this one.

But I agree, the prank was cruel--especially from teachers.

Shannon12 02-21-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaboy2 (Post 47584141)
In my day, not that long ago, you graduated from high school and if you were fortunate and driven you graduated from college--that was it. I'm with Bob Parr on this one.

But I agree, the prank was cruel--especially from teachers.

HAHA Maybe it's a regional thing? We graduated from Kindergarden, 8th Grade (catholic school), HS. I'm probably not younger than you. I do know they call the Kindergarden one a "stepping up" now lol

fallen_angel727 02-21-2013 05:33 PM

Read this in our paper this morning too, actually discussed it in our Ethics class. What a terrible thing to do...especially when it involved Disney:faint:

mesaboy2 02-21-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

HAHA Maybe it's a regional thing? We graduated from Kindergarden, 8th Grade (catholic school), HS. I'm probably not younger than you. I do know they call the Kindergarden one a "stepping up" now lol

:goodvibes