The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Welcome to the DIS (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Disney World in October (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066452)

ALD85 02-17-2013 07:57 PM

Disney World in October
 
We are headed to the world the week of october 19th....I've always gone in January so I'm just wondering if october is as pleasant as I have been reading. thanks :-)

smitch425 02-17-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALD85 (Post 47537885)
We are headed to the world the week of october 19th....I've always gone in January so I'm just wondering if october is as pleasant as I have been reading. thanks :-)

:welcome:

October is a wonderful time to visit! We will be there that week, too! We have been in Oct. 5 of the last 6 years (tried June once to avoid missing football games--never again!) and the weather has been everywhere from record heat waves to record cold fronts, so you have to be prepared for any type of weather. If you can do the Halloween party, I highly recommend it. :goodvibes You'll find tons of great info on this site. Enjoy! :goodvibes

ALD85 02-17-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitch425

:welcome:

October is a wonderful time to visit! We will be there that week, too! We have been in Oct. 5 of the last 6 years (tried June once to avoid missing football games--never again!) and the weather has been everywhere from record heat waves to record cold fronts, so you have to be prepared for any type of weather. If you can do the Halloween party, I highly recommend it. :goodvibes You'll find tons of great info on this site. Enjoy! :goodvibes


Having cooler weather would be a plus but I'm more concerned about crowds...Thanks for the reply :) This is my husband and sons first time so I want it to be a good experience. Even though I don't think it's possible to have a bad one! ;-)

smitch425 02-17-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALD85 (Post 47538641)
Having cooler weather would be a plus but I'm more concerned about crowds...Thanks for the reply :) This is my husband and sons first time so I want it to be a good experience. Even though I don't think it's possible to have a bad one! ;-)

Crowds will be light to moderate, usually just heavier on the weekends, but all in all, it is a perfect time to visit. :goodvibes

mzozzietj 02-17-2013 09:13 PM

I agree, October is a perfect time of the year! We aways go the first or second week. It's always been warm enough to swim and even though its hurricane season still it doesn't rain as much as the other trips we've done. The second week is somewhat busier as many states now have a fall break (the same week as Columbus Day). But you should be missing that so it should o Lu be busy in the weekends.

Metro West 02-18-2013 06:52 AM

Welcome!

BearcatsFan 02-18-2013 08:23 AM

October is a great time to visit! :welcome:

jesswindsor 02-18-2013 12:16 PM

Welcome!!! We love going to the world in October!!!

ALD85 02-18-2013 07:26 PM

[

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.