The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Addonitis (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3063243)

michelleiada 02-11-2013 07:29 PM

Addonitis
 
I finally became a DVC member in August, purchasing 250 points at BCV. It took me a few years to save the money to pay cash for this. I dreamed about it for years. We haven't even had our first official trip home yet, booked 12 nights in June. I am already trying to figure out how to buy more points. I've begun a little special saving for it again.. What the heck is wrong with me?? Will I ever be satisfied?

Deb & Bill 02-11-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelleiada (Post 47478293)
I finally became a DVC member in August, purchasing 250 points at BCV. It took me a few years to save the money to pay cash for this. I dreamed about it for years. We haven't even had our first official trip home yet, booked 12 nights in June. I am already trying to figure out how to buy more points. I've begun a little special saving for it again.. What the heck is wrong with me?? Will I ever be satisfied?

Start adding up the $$ for your annual member fees and that will be the cure. Plus the price of park admission and travelling to WDW.

michelleiada 02-11-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

Start adding up the $$ for your annual member fees and that will be the cure. Plus the price of park admission and travelling to WDW.

LOL....I guess that's true. Aweeee....If only I could be on a perpetual Disney Vacation....

Seriously though, if I could go a few times a year it may satisfy me for a bit! I see you own at VWL. Do you love it there? I love BCV and wonder if I would buy at another location, perhaps VWL!

Pirate Granny 02-12-2013 06:37 AM

We have OKW and BCV ... But my heart belongs to VWL especially at the holidays...so, after further discussions :rotfl2: we will look for a small resale there. We have three daughters, so this will give each of them (they are on the deeds anyway) one. They can haggle about which one and sell if they want once we are gone...we are in our early 60's so I would assume there will be a few years left on the contracts. But the advantages for us, far outweigh the costs..:rolleyes1

Caren90 02-13-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate Granny (Post 47481241)
We have OKW and BCV ... But my heart belongs to VWL especially at the holidays...so, after further discussions :rotfl2: we will look for a small resale there. We have three daughters, so this will give each of them (they are on the deeds anyway) one. They can haggle about which one and sell if they want once we are gone...we are in our early 60's so I would assume there will be a few years left on the contracts. But the advantages for us, far outweigh the costs..:rolleyes1


Good for You! Sounds like you are living the dream.

Stephen

chateau 02-13-2013 09:32 AM

Addonitis got me and now BCV will be seeing me a bit more!!

I feel like a kid at Christmas!:banana:

DVCTiff 02-14-2013 01:56 PM

Addonitis
 
I really feel like we can stay almost anywhere on our original contract and are perfectly happy to stay at our home resort during times of high demand.

That said, we did take advantage of our Cast Member discount to purchase a small amount of Aulani points last Fall. With those, we can go every three years. We were super excited about it, having just returned from Aulani, but once we started adding up the annual fees we wondered if we hadn't made a mistake. We're hoping that our next trip with erase the buyer's remorse as we're sitting on the deck of our one bedroom overlooking the ocean.:beach:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.