The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Is $58 per point good for boardwalk villas? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3059663)

Mflaherty 02-05-2013 06:32 AM

Is $58 per point good for boardwalk villas?
 
Can someone tell me if $58 per point is good for Boardwalk villas? September year and 25 points left from 2012 and 250 coming in September 2013. Paying half the 2013 dues. Help. Am excited to become a dvc member. Is this good?

disbound09 02-05-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mflaherty (Post 47411139)
Can someone tell me if $58 per point is good for Boardwalk villas? September year and 25 points left from 2012 and 250 coming in September 2013. Paying half the 2013 dues. Help. Am excited to become a dvc member. Is this good?

Check out the ROFR thread. I found it to be helpful in setting a benchmark in my mind for the going price of a contract. Best thing I can tell you is to read the thread, research your position and relax and take your time. There are plenty of contracts out there, you will find the right one and this may be it. Good Luck!

ELMC 02-05-2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disbound09 (Post 47411192)
Check out the ROFR thread. I found it to be helpful in setting a benchmark in my mind for the going price of a contract. Best thing I can tell you is to read the thread, research your position and relax and take your time. There are plenty of contracts out there, you will find the right one and this may be it.

I would agree with the first half of this post and disagree with the second half. For the past 9 months, BWV inventory has been scarce and has sold rapidly. I'm not saying that should change one's buying habits, but I am saying that the competition for BWV contracts is fierce and if you really want to land a contract, you'll need to be a little more aggressive.

To the OP, it's a fair price. Congrats.

a742246 02-05-2013 06:52 AM

That is a very good price. The inventory for Broadwalk is less this year so the prices have been going up for Broadwalk.
Broadwalk is a great resort and if you book standard, it is (IMAO) the best value of all the resorts.

puffkin 02-05-2013 07:49 AM

Also don't just focus on price per point but the total end price of the contract. If it is acceptable to you, then it is a good price :goodvibes

disbound09 02-05-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELMC (Post 47411217)
I would agree with the first half of this post and disagree with the second half. For the past 9 months, BWV inventory has been scarce and has sold rapidly. I'm not saying that should change one's buying habits, but I am saying that the competition for BWV contracts is fierce and if you really want to land a contract, you'll need to be a little more aggressive.

To the OP, it's a fair price. Congrats.

ELMC is an experienced buyer on the market and is following it a lot more than myself. With that said while it is fierce competition there will be more listed in the future. This isn't the first nor will it be the last BWV in this price range to be listed. IMHO I agree if it is what you want at the price you want then by all means be aggressive in your pursuit. Good Luck.

GOOFY D 02-05-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELMC (Post 47411217)
I would agree with the first half of this post and disagree with the second half. For the past 9 months, BWV inventory has been scarce and has sold rapidly. I'm not saying that should change one's buying habits, but I am saying that the competition for BWV contracts is fierce and if you really want to land a contract, you'll need to be a little more aggressive.

To the OP, it's a fair price. Congrats.

I agree. It has been tough to find the "right" contract at BWV. I eventually swayed away from my perfect contract and purchased one that had the right points and right cost, but different UY.

DougEMG 02-05-2013 12:21 PM

Right now there is not a lot of supply of BWV contracts out there. It actually seems that BWV has had the least number of listing from any WDW resort this year.

The price you are paying is reasonable. To get something $3-$5 per point cheaper how much time are you willing to spend, 1 month, 2 month ... 10 months, cause that is what it comes down to. You are trading your time spent looking for the "potential" of a better contract.

So are you happy with your purchase or are you willing to spend more time to try and get something cheaper?

PS. Prices for BWV have gone up sence last year so when you check the ROFR threat please take that into account.

jedst 02-05-2013 12:38 PM

We were told by our guide this week they are selling Boardwalk again direct. I wonder if the two are related.

ELMC 02-05-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedst (Post 47414340)
We were told by our guide this week they are selling Boardwalk again direct. I wonder if the two are related.

This is a half truth that is typical of many DVC salespeople. They have never stopped selling BWV direct, they simply stopped marketing the resort when it sold through its initial offering and new resorts came on line. You can buy any of the "sold out" resorts, you just might have to wait for points to become available.

a742246 02-05-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedst (Post 47414340)
We were told by our guide this week they are selling Boardwalk again direct. I wonder if the two are related.

Maybe thats why Fidelity has few listings for Boardwalk, Disney may be repurchasing instead of sending them over.

Missyrose 02-05-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a742246

Maybe thats why Fidelity has few listings for Boardwalk, Disney may be repurchasing instead of sending them over.

Nope, according to the numbers posted each month, there hasn't been an huge uptick in BWV sales through Disney. And just to echo what PP said, Disney NEVER STOPPED SELLING BWV. Despite what your DVC salespeople tell you, they're not your "guide" through the scary world of DVC. They are salespeople who are given incentives to push the resorts Disney is actively selling. Right now, those resorts are AKV and Aulani. They don't make as much when you buy one of the sold out resorts from them.

crisi 02-05-2013 05:21 PM

The reason that contract is cheap is the lack of current points. The points you aren't getting are worth something. A loaded contract for $62 where the points were bankable would be a much better deal. However, it isn't stripped, which is saying something.

But if you don't need the points immediately, and BWV contracts are scarce, jump at it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.