The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The DIS Unplugged Podcast (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Trying to stay calm (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3055757)

newmouse2008 01-28-2013 03:29 PM

Trying to stay calm

Hey Gang,

Having a stressful day here. Stella has been sick lately and we were sent for bloodwork last week, we got the results back this morning and I am kind of freaking out.

without going into details, several of the numbers on the labwork were not in the normal range. We were told this could be because of the virus she just got over or not. we will redo the labs in several weeks to see if they have changed.

If not changed, we will next go to a Hematologist for further testing.

John suggested that I post here for prayers and good thoughts.

Thanks,

T.

jodiey 01-28-2013 03:32 PM

Prayers to you and your daughter!

Gantu 01-28-2013 03:39 PM

Waiting is so hard!

Hugs and prayers to all of you!

lablady 01-28-2013 03:44 PM

I'm sorry that Stella isn't feeling well! Try not to worry yourself sick in the meantime! CBC's (complete blood counts) can be REALLY funny looking in response to viruses. I'm a lab tech and there have been times where I have been concerned about results that I'm reporting out, just to have the doctor tell me that it's not a big deal because the kid has been fighting a virus. Once the patient bounces back the results go back to normal more often than not! Good luck and I hope she gets to feeling better ASAP!!

hockeymomNS 01-28-2013 03:46 PM

Oh not the way to start the week.

She was pretty sick, so I'm sure that it is the virus.....will talk to the man upstairs and blow some pixie dust your way.

Kimberle 01-28-2013 04:07 PM

Poor baby! Hopefully, it's just a virus or something minor. :hug:

How is your car? What a scary night!

Stacy's a freak 01-28-2013 04:11 PM

Prayers and pixie dust and a dose of strength heading your family's way!!

shanejoseph 01-28-2013 04:24 PM

Prayers

My daughter was diagnosed with a heart condition at six months old. We had to endure this condition until she was two years old, when she was strong enough to have open heart surgery! We are now blessed to have a healthy 14 year old 'healthy' young woman, who will be with us hopefully until we depart this world, long before she! If anything else was to happen, then, or now, we take comfort in the fact that knowing, "GOD" does not make mistakes. He will not burden you with anything you cannot endure! May "GOD" bless and keep you and yours! I know and share your burden!

rlduvall 01-28-2013 04:27 PM

We'll be praying for you and little Stella. She seems like such a cutey from the stories you tell. :goodvibes I just hate it when my DS is sick.

2012bella13 01-28-2013 04:40 PM

I will be praying for Stella.
My daughter has Evans Syndrome, we go for lab work quite often. I know that it is a scary thing.
God Bless!

Phoenixblue 01-28-2013 04:41 PM

pixiedust: and :grouphug:

Best thoughts for a good result in a few weeks.

When the kidlettes are involved, its hard to remember to breath deep and calm the panic. I have been there for sure. I will keep :goodvibes and pixiedust: going for all of you.

daneenm 01-28-2013 04:48 PM

Good thoughts for you and Stella! I hate waiting too. I would say that the virus must have played a part in the wackiness.

Sarabi's Cubs 01-28-2013 04:55 PM

So sorry for the worry and the waiting!! Prayers and pixie dust coming your way that both are over soon!

Laurie

HollyMac71 01-28-2013 05:37 PM

Thought and prayers and lots of pixie dust are on the way. Let's hope it's just the virus that is messing up the numbers!

dansyr2514 01-28-2013 05:48 PM

Sending prayers and good thoughts to you and Stella!