The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Welcome to the DIS (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   19, and in need of new Disney friends! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054589)

emilyindisney 01-26-2013 09:42 PM

19, and in need of new Disney friends!
 
Hi all,

I'm Em and I'm fairly new to the DIS boards. I figured I should come back and introduce myself here so I could meet some new Disney friends and really get involved in the community.

A little about me- I'm 19, a nursing student, and an avid runner. I just got back from Disney 1/19 and will be writing a TR soon. I'm planning to return with my sister next February to take on the Princess half marathon. It'll be my sister's first half, so it'll be pretty exciting!

So, stop and introduce yourself! Tell me your favorite ride, and your favorite resort! Point me in the direction of your trip report! Share some Disney wisdom with me!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

monarchs21 01-26-2013 11:29 PM

Welcome to the disboards Emily! Have you done any of the Disney marathons before?? I hear there awesome...I'd love to go to one someday!

TweedleMe 01-27-2013 05:12 AM

Welcome!

I'm not really a runner, but I want to start training to do a 5k at Disney, it gives me an excuse to go to WDW lol...My favorite ride is Splash Mountain and favorite resort is Polynesian

Metro West 01-27-2013 07:44 AM

Welcome!

emilyindisney 01-27-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monarchs21 (Post 47319760)
Welcome to the disboards Emily! Have you done any of the Disney marathons before?? I hear there awesome...I'd love to go to one someday!

Not yet! I've heard they're a lot of fun though! I did run the Philadelphia Half Marathon in November, and will be running either the Atlantic City Half Marathon, of Chesire Half Marathon in April.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweedleMe (Post 47320451)
Welcome!

I'm not really a runner, but I want to start training to do a 5k at Disney, it gives me an excuse to go to WDW lol...My favorite ride is Splash Mountain and favorite resort is Polynesian

You should totally do it! I honestly started running to train for a 5K and then loved it and coundn't stop. My goal is to complete a full marathon one day :goodvibes

Ahh, a Splash fan. What do you think of all the complaints about it being run down? Does it bother you or do you like the ride no matter what?

You know, its funny you said Poly, because until recently I didn't really get why so many people have fallen in love with that resort. I stopped there a couple weeks ago to catch the monorail and was literally blown away. The lobby was incredible, so I'm sure the rest of the resort is nothing less. Needless to say, I understand now ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metro West (Post 47320970)
Welcome!

Thanks! Wish I lived as close to the World as you do! :thumbsup2

jesswindsor 01-27-2013 09:46 AM

Welcome!!!

emilyindisney 01-27-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesswindsor (Post 47322049)
Welcome!!!

Thanks! Love your picture! I'm assuming you met Meeko...? (Or maybe you wish you could!) Either way, he's adorable!

TweedleMe 01-27-2013 10:13 AM

I think one of the main reasons I love Splash Mountain is the nostalgia. I never liked roller coasters when I was younger, but I loved Splash. I think it is perfect as is, an idea I have is that they release a new movie to include the Song of the South characters.

And for the Polynesian. I haven't stayed there in awhile, but I do visit there nearly every time I go to WDW. Ohana is my favorite place to eat in the world! Dole Whip is my favorite dessert at Disney, so having it at Captain Cook's is great. The luau show is great, the beach there has great views and is great for relaxing, the pool is fun, the theme is amazing and the location is the best! I could go on and on lol.

monarchs21 01-27-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilyindisney (Post 47321473)
Not yet! I've heard they're a lot of fun though! I did run the Philadelphia Half Marathon in November, and will be running either the Atlantic City Half Marathon, of Chesire Half Marathon in April.


Wow, that's a lot of running! Well it's good to see other young people on the boards...I just saw your TR...how did you like AoA??? Good things I hope because that's where I plan on staying when I get down there again!

emilyindisney 01-27-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monarchs21 (Post 47322552)
Wow, that's a lot of running! Well it's good to see other young people on the boards...I just saw your TR...how did you like AoA??? Good things I hope because that's where I plan on staying when I get down there again!

I loved it! Ariel is my favorite princess so I loved staying in the Little Mermaid section. I don't know how many reviews you've read of the resort, but many of the common complaints people have are pretty valid. However, I'm a fairly easy going traveler so I really didn't mind.

Are you planning to stay in the Little Mermaid section? Or in one of the suites?

monarchs21 01-27-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilyindisney (Post 47322841)
I loved it! Ariel is my favorite princess so I loved staying in the Little Mermaid section. I don't know how many reviews you've read of the resort, but many of the common complaints people have are pretty valid. However, I'm a fairly easy going traveler so I really didn't mind.

Are you planning to stay in the Little Mermaid section? Or in one of the suites?

Yeah I'm the same way. Any trip to Disney is alright by me! It's definitely going to be a while before I can afford to go again but I was looking at the Little Mermaid section. When we go down we usually go to Wilderness Lodge but it'd be nice to switch it up!

lovetoscrap 01-27-2013 01:10 PM

:welcome:
Be sure to check out our WISH Board/Events and Competitions to talk with other runners and discuss the Disney races found here http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

emilyindisney 01-27-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetoscrap (Post 47323952)
:welcome:
Be sure to check out our WISH Board/Events and Competitions to talk with other runners and discuss the Disney races found here http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Thank you for the link! I was wondering if there was some type of runDisney board around here! :cool1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by monarchs21 (Post 47323903)
Yeah I'm the same way. Any trip to Disney is alright by me! It's definitely going to be a while before I can afford to go again but I was looking at the Little Mermaid section. When we go down we usually go to Wilderness Lodge but it'd be nice to switch it up!

That's the way I see it, haha! It's hard to complain when you're in Disney World to begin with!

The Wilderness Lodge looks awesome! It's my goal to stay at every Disney resort eventually, and I think WL would be one of my first deluxe choices. It seems so majestic!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweedleMe (Post 47322288)
I think one of the main reasons I love Splash Mountain is the nostalgia. I never liked roller coasters when I was younger, but I loved Splash. I think it is perfect as is, an idea I have is that they release a new movie to include the Song of the South characters.

And for the Polynesian. I haven't stayed there in awhile, but I do visit there nearly every time I go to WDW. Ohana is my favorite place to eat in the world! Dole Whip is my favorite dessert at Disney, so having it at Captain Cook's is great. The luau show is great, the beach there has great views and is great for relaxing, the pool is fun, the theme is amazing and the location is the best! I could go on and on lol.

You can get Dole Whip on the resort property?!?! :cool1: That's awesome! I just tried that on my last trip and it was just as amazing as everyone says!

monarchs21 01-27-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilyindisney (Post 47324282)



That's the way I see it, haha! It's hard to complain when you're in Disney World to begin with!

The Wilderness Lodge looks awesome! It's my goal to stay at every Disney resort eventually, and I think WL would be one of my first deluxe choices. It seems so majestic!



Yeah I love Wilderness Lodge although when I did the college program I worked at the Boardwalk Resort and it was absolutely beautiful so I can't wait until I stay there, although it may be wayyyyy down the road lol

emilyindisney 01-27-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monarchs21 (Post 47324585)
Yeah I love Wilderness Lodge although when I did the college program I worked at the Boardwalk Resort and it was absolutely beautiful so I can't wait until I stay there, although it may be wayyyyy down the road lol

You did CP? Jealous! Unfortunately, the school of nursing is not convinced of the usefulness of a semester in WDW :confused3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.