The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Anyone know about US (Buffalo) PO box or service (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3054167)

alohamom 01-26-2013 07:58 AM

Anyone know about US (Buffalo) PO box or service

If anyone knows info about this, it will be you guys, my fellow canuck Dis'ers!
I am looking at possibly renting a US post office box, or even better finding a one time or per use service. Does any one else here have one or use such a thing. My cousin told me he saw a service on line for a one time fee per shipment but he had not used it and I was a little leary of it. Any suggestions or info? Also, I am wondering about shipping to a buffalo hotel. I know you can ship to some hotels (for business) but what if I was staying overnight for pleasure with extended parking (we are in March with Staybridge). I guess I can call the hotel and ask but I was wondering if any of you had done this, or tried to. Any info is greatly appreciated!

newdeal 01-26-2013 08:53 AM

I just make sure anything I want to get is shipped with UPS then send it to

Your name c/o UPS hold for p/u
931 Bailey Ave.
Buffalo, NY

Make sure they put your phone number on the shipment also and the ups depot in buffalo will hold the shipment and give you a call when it arrives so you can pick it up for free at no cost. The depot is about 8 minutes from the peace bridge. That address is the address of the UPS hub in buffalo that you can pick it up at

5mouseketeersforus 01-26-2013 09:49 AM

We have used US addresses inc on witmer road. Sorry can't link from my phone. But just google.
They charge $5/package. They are literally the first exit after you cross @ Lewiston. 5 minutes tops. Have never had any issues at all.

ETA: they accept any shipments from any courier or USPS.

alohamom 01-26-2013 11:12 AM

OMG you guys-both are excellent options! I knew I could count on these boards-many thanks!

Disney Addicted 01-26-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus (Post 47312690)
We have used US addresses inc on witmer road. Sorry can't link from my phone. But just google.
They charge $5/package. They are literally the first exit after you cross @ Lewiston. 5 minutes tops. Have never had any issues at all.

ETA: they accept any shipments from any courier or USPS.

I've used this company twice and will be going back soon for a 3rd time. I recommend them too!

dancin Disney style 01-27-2013 08:23 AM

My Bff has used this one many, many times.

http://www.sgsmailboxes.com/index.html

newdeal 01-27-2013 08:25 AM

Of all the choices mine is the only free one, generally shipping UPS within the USA is the best option anyway to get the package in a reasonable amount of time

minnie56 01-27-2013 02:33 PM

Have used Orion in Lewiston for over 17 years...they charge $5 a package...will hold till 'whenever' and put in a storage pod should you pick up after hours. Nice people...help you unwrap and discard wrappings should you choose and load big items in your car.

:thumbsup2

iluveeyore 01-28-2013 10:48 AM

I use KinekPoint in Buffalo - just off of Niagara Street exit from the I-190 if crossing at Fort Erie - $5 per package - free to sign up and you get a box number for deliveries.

criddla 02-10-2013 09:52 PM

I use CBIUSA - just google it. So easy! $5.75 / package. In Niagara Falls, NY and easily accessible when going OTR to Sam's Club or shopping at the outlets on Military Rd.

who's ur daddy? 02-11-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by criddla (Post 47468615)
I use CBIUSA - just google it. So easy! $5.75 / package. In Niagara Falls, NY and easily accessible when going OTR to Sam's Club or shopping at the outlets on Military Rd.

Another thumbs up for CBIUSA. We have used it over a dozen times. Right smack close to the Rainbow Bridge.

cbiusa.com

3princesshome 02-12-2013 01:09 PM

Another user of CBI here. Very easy to get to from the Rainbow Bridge and they will hold your package indefinitely for no extra charge. They have a room off to the side where you can open your package and discard the boxes, etc. It's kind of weirdly located in a residential area, but it is very easy to get to.

Vivig 02-12-2013 07:36 PM

Another fan for CBI! Great service!

tigger2on 02-14-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie56 (Post 47324815)
Have used Orion in Lewiston for over 17 years...they charge $5 a package...will hold till 'whenever' and put in a storage pod should you pick up after hours. Nice people...help you unwrap and discard wrappings should you choose and load big items in your car.

I have used them numerous times over the past few years too!! Thanks to Minnie56 for sharing ages ago!!!

minnie56 02-14-2013 09:00 PM