The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   DVC Newbie (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3052487)

WDWfanatic2 01-22-2013 10:13 PM

DVC Newbie
 
Hi Everyone! When I was in Disney on my honeymoon I started to hear about DVC but dh wasn't interested... 6 years and 5 trips later he is finally thinking that DVC might be the way to go :) I have a few questions about it though. We love WL so was thinking of buying into VWL but have 2 little ones so dh was thinking BLT might be better because we can walk to MK and also have the monorail. We are looking at resales and I found a few that I like at VWL for 150 points. I was thinking of doing that and then purchasing a small (50 points) to BLT. How would that work as far as my home resort? Also I can use both sets of points for one trip right? Thanks :)

Deb & Bill 01-22-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDWfanatic2 (Post 47278117)
Hi Everyone! When I was in Disney on my honeymoon I started to hear about DVC but dh wasn't interested... 6 years and 5 trips later he is finally thinking that DVC might be the way to go :) I have a few questions about it though. We love WL so was thinking of buying into VWL but have 2 little ones so dh was thinking BLT might be better because we can walk to MK and also have the monorail. We are looking at resales and I found a few that I like at VWL for 150 points. I was thinking of doing that and then purchasing a small (50 points) to BLT. How would that work as far as my home resort? Also I can use both sets of points for one trip right? Thanks :)

Yes, both resorts would be home resorts. But you can only use VWL points to book VWL at 11 months out and you can only use BLT points at 11 months out to book BLT. But at seven months out, you can combine them. As long as they have the same Use Year and are under one contract number (titled the exact same on the deed).

superdiz 01-23-2013 01:33 AM

So if you only have 50 points you can only book 50 points worth of room at VWL 11 months out?

rklives 01-23-2013 02:02 AM

Correct, but you can always borrow 50 points from the next year or save 50 points from the previous year so its possible to have 150 points available 11 months out.

ToddyLu 01-23-2013 06:14 AM

:) You could also do a split stay, spending some of your VWL points on that part of the stay and the 50 BLT points on another part of the stay in the same trip, booking both at 11 months...hope that makes sense. You can only combine them at 7 months for a continuous trip at one resort.

chalee94 01-23-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdiz (Post 47278890)
So if you only have 50 points you can only book 50 points worth of room at VWL 11 months out?

if you have a 150 pt BLT contract and a 50 pt VWL contract, then at 11 months out, it's like you have 2 separate, unrelated contracts.

you can bank or borrow from the 50 pt VWL contract to book VWL at 11 months out , but all of the BLT contract pts stay on the sideline till 7 months out. (and vice-versa.)

sissy1 01-23-2013 08:51 AM

Just something to think about..."Maintenance fees"...BLT's fees are less expensive and BLT is walking distance to MK :)....We own 2 contracts, BLT & BWV, make sure you have the same Use Year on both contracts and make sure they are Titled the exact same way. Hope this helps!

Deb & Bill 01-23-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sissy1 (Post 47280636)
Just something to think about..."Maintenance fees"...BLT's fees are less expensive and BLT is walking distance to MK :)....We own 2 contracts, BLT & BWV, make sure you have the same Use Year on both contracts and make sure they are Titled the exact same way. Hope this helps!

Member fees at BLT could go up based on the need to do repairs and such. It doesn't seem to be wearing all that well.

disneynutz 01-23-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sissy1 (Post 47280636)
Just something to think about..."Maintenance fees"...BLT's fees are less expensive and BLT is walking distance to MK :)....We own 2 contracts, BLT & BWV, make sure you have the same Use Year on both contracts and make sure they are Titled the exact same way. Hope this helps!

BLT has had two years so far of 6% plus dues increases and it costs more points to stay there.

:earsboy: Bill

WDWfanatic2 01-26-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneynutz

BLT has had two years so far of 6% plus dues increases and it costs more points to stay there.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks everyone! While I do love the closeness of BLT we did decide to go with VWL. Found a contract that was perfect for us. It is now onto disney for rofr. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again!!

disneynutz 01-26-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDWfanatic2 (Post 47312801)
Thanks everyone! While I do love the closeness of BLT we did decide to go with VWL. Found a contract that was perfect for us. It is now onto disney for rofr. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again!!

VWL is pretty close to the MK and we love the theming better than BLT. We have never had a boat break down but the monorail seems to have problems on every vacation.

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

:earsboy: Bill

Deb & Bill 01-26-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneynutz (Post 47313801)
VWL is pretty close to the MK and we love the theming better than BLT. We have never had a boat break down but the monorail seems to have problems on every vacation.

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

:earsboy: Bill

But you also have the bus from VWL to MK that is dedicated - no stops on the way there or back to the WL.

WDWfanatic2, hope you get your contract. We really like VWL.

WDWfanatic2 02-04-2013 08:50 PM

Thanks! I'm anxiously awaiting disney to decide. 30 days seems forever!! Can't wait to be a dvc member :)

crisi 02-04-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDWfanatic2 (Post 47312801)
Thanks everyone! While I do love the closeness of BLT we did decide to go with VWL. Found a contract that was perfect for us. It is now onto disney for rofr. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again!!

Congrats.

The other thing is that the kids won't be young long at all. With our teens we spend half a day in the MK.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.