The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Christmas ??? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3044063)

wallawallakids 01-08-2013 06:09 PM

Christmas ???

I am thinking about doing the crazy thing I said I would never do....Christmas at WDW~:eek:
My question is should I book it now, or wait? It looks like villas are not available now (They don't release those until 6 months prior, right?) Do they ever do room discounts over the holidays? I am assuming they don't have to so they probably don't, right? Just wondering if there is any point of waiting, besides the fact that I want a villa and might have to wait for that anyway unless I try to rent points. Thanks!

mickeynut1 01-08-2013 08:08 PM

The week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest time of the year, so I would book as soon as you know your dates (and/or when the villas become available for booking) so you are sure to get what you want. As far as a discount, one isn't likely as Disney doesn't really have any trouble filling rooms during Christmas. But with that said, I wouldn't say never as anything can happen, but I would book expecting to pay rack rate. Good luck and happy planning.

wallawallakids 01-08-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeynut1 (Post 47128059)
The week between Christmas and New Years is the busiest time of the year, so I would book as soon as you know your dates (and/or when the villas become available for booking) so you are sure to get what you want. As far as a discount, one isn't likely as Disney doesn't really have any trouble filling rooms during Christmas. But with that said, I wouldn't say never as anything can happen, but I would book expecting to pay rack rate. Good luck and happy planning.

Thank you!

RoosMama 01-08-2013 08:29 PM

Disney does seem to do a discount that ends a few days before Christmas. So, if the discount ends the 21st or 22nd, and you stay, say, the 20th thru the 27th, then you might get a discount for a couple of nights!

wallawallakids 01-08-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoosMama (Post 47128309)
Disney does seem to do a discount that ends a few days before Christmas. So, if the discount ends the 21st or 22nd, and you stay, say, the 20th thru the 27th, then you might get a discount for a couple of nights!

Great! Thanks. Something is better than nothing! :)

dis_guy 01-09-2013 08:36 AM

We've gone over Christmas a few times. Between Dec 23 to Jan 1, I've never seen a discount of any kind. We have, however, had discounts for both before and after those dates so it is possible some of your days may have a discount released but don't wait for that to happen. Book as soon as you have your dates firmed up and probably your travel arrangements made too. You can add any discounts to your reservation later.:)

mickeynut1 01-09-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallawallakids (Post 47128244)
Thank you!

You're welcome.....have fun planning :goodvibes.

WV Southern Belle 01-09-2013 11:20 AM

Does anyone know if you can use the AAA discount during Christmas? TIA!

hmillerbarilla 01-09-2013 11:26 AM

We went this past Christmas Dec 22-28th. There were NO discounts for our nights past the 23rd or 24th (if I remember correctly). We were planning to pay cash, but then decided to use points thru DVC.

I was freaked out to go at that time, but with good planning, it was really wonderful and a magical trip!:goodvibes

mel&me 01-09-2013 11:33 AM

If you know which villa you want and it is in the DVC. You can rent points from a member. The members can book rooms 11 months out if it is their home resort 7 months out for non home resort resort. So you don't have to wait until 6 months out.