The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Last minute deal (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3044056)

Popsiemama 01-08-2013 05:57 PM

Last minute deal

We live in Connecticut and we have a vacation house near key largo. I'm thinking of a short disney cruise from Miami for my 2 grands. However, I'm not too sure with this plan due to many reasons. First, the school schedule is tight and the plane ticket from CT to FL is also very expensive on spring break. I would like to play the plane ticket deal day by day and not telling my grandchildren that I plan a vacation for them.

Is it possible to get a last minute disney cruise deal?

If this will not work, not a big deal 'cause they like key largo - Miami & key west anyway.

Thanks for any feedback

kcashner 01-08-2013 05:59 PM

Disney does offer special rates (like IGT/OGT/VGT), but they do not do a last minute "fire sale" like some lines do. Also, special rates are sometimes limited as to number of people in the room and they tend to sell out quickly.

Popsiemama 01-08-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcashner (Post 47126664)
Disney does offer special rates (like IGT/OGT/VGT), but they do not do a last minute "fire sale" like some lines do. Also, special rates are sometimes limited as to number of people in the room and they tend to sell out quickly.

Thank you!
I'm new to the forum. What is IGT/OGT/VGT means? These acronyms are also a deal?

Namsupak 01-08-2013 06:09 PM

inside guaranteed room, ocean view guaranteed, verandah guaranteed, generally disney's version of "last minute" deals

kcashner 01-08-2013 06:10 PM

It is a restricted special fare--must be paid in full at the time of booking, no changes allowed, etc. You can see the full list of restrictions on the DCL web site. You don't choose a cabin or even a category. The abbreviations stand for inside guarantee, oceanview guarantee, and verandah guarantee. All you know is that you'll get at least the cabin type you chose (or nicer). For the restrictions, you get a markedly decreased rate.

Popsiemama 01-08-2013 06:31 PM

Now I know....thank you. Is it possible there will be some inside-oceanview-guarantee & verandah leftover space? I have no problem paying them in cash or in full. The timing is my problem - the reason why I asked the last minute deal. If I'm certain on my schedule, I can book now but...unfortunately...

Anyway, where do I go or watch to purchase this deal? Is it possible to go to any reputable travel agency in Miami? Can you recommend?

kcashner 01-08-2013 07:42 PM

When you go to DCL's web site, the IGT will show up as the cheapest rate available for the date if it is available. I don't know any agents/agencies out of Miami. Any agent can book these rates for you.