The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The DIS Unplugged Podcast (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   MyMagic + Officially Announced (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3043091)

ADP 01-07-2013 09:00 AM

MyMagic + Officially Announced

Tom Staggs has officially announced the MyMagic + nextgen initiative.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...he-next-level/

EastYorkDisneyFan 01-07-2013 10:15 AM

I really hope they don't make everyone wear the wristband. I would much rather have a regular room card then the wristband.

Sent from my Samsung Galexy Ace using the DISBoards app

H20DogsNDisney 01-07-2013 10:25 AM

I want to hear about it from people before I go on my next trip. Is this an extra add on to tickets will you be able to add it when you get to the parks if you don't buy before the trip.

Danibelle 01-07-2013 10:34 AM

I would like to know if this is onsite customers only who buy a package or if it is for everyone. Many people stay offsite and/or are locals. Some information seems to be missing from this blog. :worried:

ShesAPirate 01-07-2013 10:40 AM

Call me paranoid, but something about this doesn't sit right with me. I don't know why. I'm nowhere near a conspiracy theorist or someone who's constantly thinking 'Big Brother is watching', but... that was the first thought that came to my head when I read about this. Not that I have anything to hide. It just seems a little creepy to me.

roomthreeseventeen 01-07-2013 10:51 AM

I am also hoping for an opt-out, or our trips are about to become a lot less frequent.

PainInIL 01-07-2013 11:17 AM

I've been hearing there is an opt-out option. However, when this is rolled out to all guests, expect regular stand-by lines to be much longer then you are used to. Also, expect there is be a lot fewer regular fast-passes available. Fast-pass+ will be given priority and then whatever isn't used will be made available that day to regular fast-passes.

I think for some people this will work out ok, but I really think this will change they way you experience a Disney trip. Just look what has happened to restaurant availability over the last 10 years for a glimpse into the future.

Danibelle 01-07-2013 11:27 AM

There will little to no spontaneity if and when. If you want a popular attraction but can't plan out far enough, the stand by would be ridiculous. Who wants a 2 hr plus wait? I love WDW, but I think at some point, I would be booking an alternative (non Disney) location. And what kind of fast pass will they have for the parades? Will there even be a space for all of those last minute planners? Many questions to be answered.

hops&dreams 01-07-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danibelle (Post 47111267)
There will little to no spontaneity if and when. If you want a popular attraction but can't plan out far enough, the stand by would be ridiculous. Who wants a 2 hr plus wait? I love WDW, but I think at some point, I would be booking an alternative (non Disney) location. And what kind of fast pass will they have for the parades? Will there even be a space for all of those last minute planners? Many questions to be answered.

I was just thinking that - what about the people that take spontaneous trips. I just priced a trip for next month (probably not going to go - price was about $2k too high) but if this MyMagic+ was in effect - all those 180 day planners would have already taken the time slots.

I understand wanting to say "well, we'll be at MK on this day, and AK on this day, and while we're at MK, I want to be sure to ride Splash Mountain, and while at AK, I want to be sure to get onto Kali." But what if Splash is down that day? Or if it's too cold to get drenched by Kali? Do those people with those "time slots" get a raincheck?

Disney is making it harder to be spontaneous and just enjoy where you are. I understand wanting to get your money's worth, but realize that WDW is a 5-7 day vacation destination. If you attempt to cram it into 3-4 days, you're not going to have time to do everything. heck, I've been there 2x for 7 days & 10 days, and I STILL have a list of things I want to try!

It's not a competition to finish off your checklist people... it's a vacation! Take time to stop and smell the roses!

roomthreeseventeen 01-07-2013 11:46 AM

What happens if you have small children who don't understand schedules?

ShesAPirate 01-07-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hops&dreams (Post 47111449)
It's not a competition to finish off your checklist people... it's a vacation! Take time to stop and smell the roses!

AMEN! :thumbsup2 That's why I'm not a park commando! I want to enjoy my Disney World vacation, relax during some of it, and have many, many reasons to go again!

halld6479 01-07-2013 11:56 AM

Fast-pass+?

does this program operate using a smart phone? there really are people out in the world that do not have smart phones

PainInIL 01-07-2013 12:00 PM

There will be kiosks in the park you can use. Disney will also make wi-fi smartphones available for rental. This is the reason they are trying to make free wi-fi available throughout the parks and resorts.

HippieChickadee 01-07-2013 12:03 PM

I like the idea of a bracelet getting you into rooms and parks- but planning your RIDES months in advance...

really?

PainInIL 01-07-2013 12:07 PM

People plan meals 6 months in advance today...