The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Dining Reviews (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   How is Mama Melrose? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041893)

Koda 01-05-2013 11:02 AM

How is Mama Melrose?

We have reservations here on 1/11 for dinner. We will be at DHS for the evening.

I Run Long 01-05-2013 06:31 PM

We ate there for the first time last September for dinner. We really liked it - both my kids say they want to go again. I really think it is a little gem in a out of the way location (been to the World twice before and never even knew it was there). Service was really good, food was great. Enjoy!

ChrissyBeth29 01-05-2013 07:34 PM

Whenever I'm in the Studios, I always make an ADR for there. Some people knock it, but it's always solidly good food. It's no Brown Derby, but it's great Trattoria food! Enjoy!

Martyap 01-05-2013 09:56 PM

How does a reservation at Mama Melrose work in conjunction with the Fantasmic show.....and what exactly is Fantasmic?

ddgckg 01-06-2013 02:06 PM

We really like Mama Melrose! In fact, we have a reservation there for our next trip.

toolmanjan 01-06-2013 05:22 PM

Mama's a must when we are at WDW. We have our
ADR for 1/14

kcool 01-08-2013 05:02 PM

This last trip was our first time at Mama Melrose. We really enjoyed it! We had Chicken Parm. and another dish with pasta and alfredo sauce. Yummy

tallen429 01-08-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koda (Post 47089884)
We have reservations here on 1/11 for dinner. We will be at DHS for the evening.

I would love to hear about your experience! In all of our many trips we've avoided MM due to negative reviews (and the fact that mediocre Italian is plentiful in our area).

I'd be interested to hear about more enticing experiences happening lately!

FletchFam 01-08-2013 06:05 PM

We have an ADR in may for MM and I too would love to hear if it's good.

ncc1701 01-08-2013 09:24 PM

We have had lunch there on our last 3 trips . We share a salad and 2 flatbread pizzas. We have always enjoyed our meals here. It has become a must do lunch ADR for us.

NateTiff 01-09-2013 02:27 PM

I have a reservation there for next week and I got the Fantasmic package with it. I've never done it before but I believe after dinner, they have reserved seating for you so you don't have to wait forever.

Koda 01-10-2013 03:35 AM

Thanks for all of the replies! I will definitely give a review when I get back.:)

hpriamson 01-11-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyap (Post 47096232)
How does a reservation at Mama Melrose work in conjunction with the Fantasmic show.....and what exactly is Fantasmic?

Fantasmic is a show they show certain evenings (every evening now?) at HS. It's very good, and impressive - they do a lot of stuff with showing video on sheets of water, decent story, lots of characters & effects.

When we were in HS in Oct 2011, the plan was you paid a fixed price for a meal at Mama Melrose (we did lunch) which included any entree & dessert & non-alcoholic beverage, and it gets you passes to a special line & reserved seating section for Fantasmic. You don't get the passes till you pay for the meal. They were only doing Fantasmic 2 nights a week then, so it was packed - the separate line & seating were very handy - we got in line 30 minutes before show start and got great seats, while general seating folks started lining up a good 90 minutes before the show.

It was an expensive meal, but our entire family loved it. I got the strip steak, and it was very good. My oldest daughter, who is a very picky eater, got the Margherita flatbread, and said it was the best pizza she's ever had. Our only complaint is that it took a while - we were probably in there for 1.5 hours.

bdklein 01-11-2013 11:48 AM

Mama Melrose = Yuck.

Been to WDW twice, for a week each time. Have done TS every day for dinner. Only bad meal we have ever eaten-including CS.

We had 4 adults and 4 kids. Nobody liked their food. Tried switching around the plates amongst us, but it made no difference. Would never go back.
Food was well below the quality of Italian chain restaurants, and most of the food was not hot.

carolinamama 01-11-2013 12:16 PM

It was the worst TS we've ever had. Poor service, mediocre food. I'd seriously rather eat at Pizza Planet.