The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   *A New Year, A New You ~ Jan Dieting Thread* (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3038813)

mandymouse 12-31-2012 02:41 AM

*A New Year, A New You ~ Jan Dieting Thread*
 

I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas, but if like me, you're fed up of chocolates and crisps or your New Year's resolution is to fit into a cute swimsuit or some cool shorts, then come and join us as we try to lose a few pounds before our next holiday :beach:

Tell us which dieting plan you are going to use, then let us know each week or weigh-in how you have done

I will be starting my diet next Monday (as it's my birthday on Sunday), and thankfully my Zumba classes start back next week too (oh how I have missed them)

Welcome back to those of you who were dieting with us before Christmas, and Welcome to any newbies

pixiedust: Good Luck Everyone !! pixiedust:

Netty 12-31-2012 03:37 AM

I'll be joining in, but not straight away.. when all the choccies and other goodies have all gone.!!

Tink1987 12-31-2012 08:22 AM

I would love to join in please, will be starting on the 7th too. I have quite a bit of weight to lose though, want to lose 100 pounds. *embarrassed*

Good Luck to us all :)

jjk 12-31-2012 12:52 PM

I will be starting back on the diet on Monday too as had a great Christmas but really want to reach my Goal before my 40th this year. I shall be continuing with Myfitness pal and lots of walking as it worked really well for me last year :goodvibes

good luck to everybody :thumbsup2

Netty 12-31-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjk (Post 47038626)
I will be starting back on the diet on Monday too as had a great Christmas but really want to reach my Goal before my 40th this year. I shall be continuing with Myfitness pal and lots of walking as it worked really well for me last year :goodvibes
good luck to everybody :thumbsup2

Its my 50th this coming year, and i have two stone to lose, seems we have a common goal!

bee86 12-31-2012 05:44 PM

Joining in and sticking with it this time! Starting weight watchers tomorrow with 33lbs to go before June......he we go :)

mandymouse 01-02-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netty (Post 47035318)
I'll be joining in, but not straight away.. when all the choccies and other goodies have all gone.!!

:wizard: See you soon Jeanette, I hope you reach your goal for your 50th

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tink1987 (Post 47036166)
I would love to join in please, will be starting on the 7th too. I have quite a bit of weight to lose though, want to lose 100 pounds. *embarrassed*

Good Luck to us all :)

Don't be embarrassed hun, we're all different shapes and sizes on here :wizard: Good Luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjk (Post 47038626)
I will be starting back on the diet on Monday too as had a great Christmas but really want to reach my Goal before my 40th this year. I shall be continuing with Myfitness pal and lots of walking as it worked really well for me last year :goodvibes

good luck to everybody :thumbsup2

:wizard: Good Luck at reaching your goal for your 40th Rachel

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee86 (Post 47041148)
Joining in and sticking with it this time! Starting weight watchers tomorrow with 33lbs to go before June......he we go :)

:wizard: Good Luck with WW hun, and with your first weigh-in

torsie24 01-02-2013 04:16 AM

I can't really diet per say. But I definitely want to work on my fitness and eat healthily.

I lost 10lb in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy as I was so sick. But that's all gone back on now and I really don't want to pile anymore on if I can help it.

So while I won't lose any weight I doubt I'd love to stay the same and sort of lose fat but gain baby weight if that makes sense?

Tinks1984 01-02-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torsie24 (Post 47053484)
I can't really diet per say. But I definitely want to work on my fitness and eat healthily.

I lost 10lb in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy as I was so sick. But that's all gone back on now and I really don't want to pile anymore on if I can help it.

So while I won't lose any weight I doubt I'd love to stay the same and sort of lose fat but gain baby weight if that makes sense?

That's the best way to be Victoria. No point eating for two, as it's a lot harder to shift afterwards once baby has arrived. I just ate as normal when I was pregnant, and I'd actually lost weight once I'd given birth, after tkaing away baby's weight :)

As for me this year, I'm back on it. I'll be using My Fitness Pal on my phone and iPad to help control my eating and then I'll hopefully be able to fit in a couple of classes of Zumba here and there too :)

Started yesterday and hoping to carry it on. We have a holiday booked for June, so I'd like to loose some weight by then and continue beyond also. I'm not setting myself a target weight, I'll just plod on until I'm happy with where I'm at and generally feel better in my clothes :goodvibes

Good Luck everyone...I'll be weighing in each Tuesday alongside my brother who's already lost 45lbs since May '12!!! :hyper:

paul_toria96 01-02-2013 07:55 AM

I'll be joining you all, I need to loose at least 68lb by the time I go to Disney, it's next year I know but I want to take it slow and steady.

I've just signed up with my fitness pal, think I will start next week once I've finished my antibiotics and steroids for my chest infection then I'll be back on my Wii fit board, have lots of sweets and chocs left from C'mas but I'm not really bothered with them, will hand them over to the kids in small doses :)

Good luck to everyone :thumbsup2:love::thumbsup2

wifey 01-02-2013 11:48 AM

Found you guys, I'm subbing ;) looking for any healthy low fat recipes too, just to add some variety to the menus.

mandymouse 01-03-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torsie24 (Post 47053484)
I can't really diet per say. But I definitely want to work on my fitness and eat healthily.

I lost 10lb in the first 14 weeks of pregnancy as I was so sick. But that's all gone back on now and I really don't want to pile anymore on if I can help it.

So while I won't lose any weight I doubt I'd love to stay the same and sort of lose fat but gain baby weight if that makes sense?

Sorry to hear that you were so poorly Victoria. You sound very focused, I hope you're feeling healthy for the rest of your pregnancy :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinks1984 (Post 47053558)
That's the best way to be Victoria. No point eating for two, as it's a lot harder to shift afterwards once baby has arrived. I just ate as normal when I was pregnant, and I'd actually lost weight once I'd given birth, after tkaing away baby's weight :)

As for me this year, I'm back on it. I'll be using My Fitness Pal on my phone and iPad to help control my eating and then I'll hopefully be able to fit in a couple of classes of Zumba here and there too :)

Started yesterday and hoping to carry it on. We have a holiday booked for June, so I'd like to loose some weight by then and continue beyond also. I'm not setting myself a target weight, I'll just plod on until I'm happy with where I'm at and generally feel better in my clothes :goodvibes

Good Luck everyone...I'll be weighing in each Tuesday alongside my brother who's already lost 45lbs since May '12!!! :hyper:

:wizard: Good Luck Rachel, it sounds like you've got a good plan there

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul_toria96 (Post 47054240)
I'll be joining you all, I need to loose at least 68lb by the time I go to Disney, it's next year I know but I want to take it slow and steady.

I've just signed up with my fitness pal, think I will start next week once I've finished my antibiotics and steroids for my chest infection then I'll be back on my Wii fit board, have lots of sweets and chocs left from C'mas but I'm not really bothered with them, will hand them over to the kids in small doses :)

Good luck to everyone :thumbsup2:love::thumbsup2

:wizard: Good Luck Toria, hope you're feeling better soon

Quote:

Originally Posted by wifey (Post 47056564)
Found you guys, I'm subbing ;) looking for any healthy low fat recipes too, just to add some variety to the menus.

:wizard: Good Luck hun, will you be following a dieting plan or just cutting down ?

jemmouse 01-03-2013 01:01 AM

Joining in starting on the 7th...Have about 60 pounds to lose....We leave for Disney on March 1st so I am realistically trying to reach a goal of 15 pounds by then...

I wish you all luck and luck to myself!

Looking forward to getting rid of these extra pounds to alleviate the pressure and pain in my knees and feet....And to be honest to look better, what can I say vanity....But most importantly to be healthier and show my son I can do it!

Scared, nervous, and am gonna give it my best shot!!! So send some pixie dust and well wishes as I will all of you.....:wizard::cheer2::cool1:

wifey 01-03-2013 05:11 AM

Gonna stick to my healthy eating and exercise plan , no WW of SW for me although my SIL has done really well on WW. I never have time for meetings, so I'm trying to do it on my own with encouragement from aloof you here of course!! Still have about 21 pounds to lose so after that I have to keep it off that's the hard part not slipping into bad habits again.

mandymouse 01-04-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemmouse (Post 47064300)
Joining in starting on the 7th...Have about 60 pounds to lose....We leave for Disney on March 1st so I am realistically trying to reach a goal of 15 pounds by then...

I wish you all luck and luck to myself!

Looking forward to getting rid of these extra pounds to alleviate the pressure and pain in my knees and feet....And to be honest to look better, what can I say vanity....But most importantly to be healthier and show my son I can do it!

Scared, nervous, and am gonna give it my best shot!!! So send some pixie dust and well wishes as I will all of you.....:wizard::cheer2::cool1:

:wizard: Wishing you lots of luck, I hope you reach your first target in time for your trip

Quote:

Originally Posted by wifey (Post 47064653)
Gonna stick to my healthy eating and exercise plan , no WW of SW for me although my SIL has done really well on WW. I never have time for meetings, so I'm trying to do it on my own with encouragement from aloof you here of course!! Still have about 21 pounds to lose so after that I have to keep it off that's the hard part not slipping into bad habits again.

That's my plan too, just eat healthier and cut out the rubbish, and get back to zumba of course, good luck ::yes::


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.