The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Employee discounts for resorts (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3032658)

pinkerbell 12-13-2012 08:23 AM

Employee discounts for resorts
 
We are one of 3 familes in a group, maybe more, going to Disney in April. One member of the group is a Disney Employee (ESPN). He does not like Disney and has been less than motivated about the trip but his wife and kids want to go w/ the rest of us who go every year. He doesn't like to listen to others and has already paid the price by not booking airfare for April when I suggested (when fares opened) he paid twice as much and is driving to an airport 3 hrs away rather than the one minutes from home.
He has offered to share any discount he may get if he can, but has not inquired yet, and we have been planning this since last year.
Does anyone know if he gets anything that can be shared?
I don't want to end up in a bad situation come April with no other options and no discount since he dropped the ball. :sad2:

aaarcher86 12-13-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkerbell (Post 46915928)
We are one of 3 familes in a group, maybe more, going to Disney in April. One member of the group is a Disney Employee (ESPN). He does not like Disney and has been less than motivated about the trip but his wife and kids want to go w/ the rest of us who go every year. He doesn't like to listen to others and has already paid the price by not booking airfare for April when I suggested (when fares opened) he paid twice as much and is driving to an airport 3 hrs away rather than the one minutes from home.
He has offered to share any discount he may get if he can, but has not inquired yet, and we have been planning this since last year.
Does anyone know if he gets anything that can be shared?
I don't want to end up in a bad situation come April with no other options and no discount since he dropped the ball. :sad2:

I don't know if he in particular would - but in general the employee room discounts can be used on up to 3 rooms, just like the others. It would just be a matter of him qualifying. There may also be a blockout on there if you're coming over a holiday.

bdklein 12-13-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkerbell (Post 46915928)
We are one of 3 familes in a group, maybe more, going to Disney in April. One member of the group is a Disney Employee (ESPN). He does not like Disney and has been less than motivated about the trip but his wife and kids want to go w/ the rest of us who go every year. He doesn't like to listen to others and has already paid the price by not booking airfare for April when I suggested (when fares opened) he paid twice as much and is driving to an airport 3 hrs away rather than the one minutes from home.
He has offered to share any discount he may get if he can, but has not inquired yet, and we have been planning this since last year.
Does anyone know if he gets anything that can be shared?
I don't want to end up in a bad situation come April with no other options and no discount since he dropped the ball. :sad2:

Is his wife open to me going in his place? I will sleep on the couch and promise to leave the toilet seat down!!!

aaarcher86 12-13-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdklein (Post 46916006)
Is his wife open to me going in his place? I will sleep on the couch and promise to leave the toilet seat down!!!

Empty promise.

You men are all the same. It's all 'I promise to leave the toilet seat down' until you're up in the middle of the night with a foggy brain and no glasses on :rotfl2:

Sue M 12-13-2012 10:16 AM

He can get you the Family & Friends rate possibly. I don't know about black out dates. But he has to book it. So you'd have to give him your cc number to book. And he would be in charge of your res. He seems pretty resistant to booking anything, I don't know if I'd leave it up to him from his past history. I'd prob try to get a general discount and book myself, or you may end up with nothing. If he comes thru for you then you can cancel your reservation.

bdklein 12-13-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 46916577)
Empty promise.

You men are all the same. It's all 'I promise to leave the toilet seat down' until your up in the middle of the night with a foggy brain and no glasses on :rotfl2:

I always put down the seat when done, and I have great aim!!!:goodvibes

ars0525 12-13-2012 11:43 AM

I would ask him what is going on reservaton wise & if he's booked anything yet. Mention since he's the employee, your understanding is he has to book it to get the discount & therefore may need your payment info. It's your vacation too so it's understandable you would be asking these things.

That being said I would also book something myself & try to find my own deal since he doesn't seem very intent on doing anything for this trip.

He sounds like an absolute blast to vacation with. Maybe it's best if you don't all stay together.

pinkerbell 12-13-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 46915972)
I don't know if he in particular would - but in general the employee room discounts can be used on up to 3 rooms, just like the others. It would just be a matter of him qualifying. There may also be a blockout on there if you're coming over a holiday.


Thanks for the info :goodvibes

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdklein (Post 46916006)
Is his wife open to me going in his place? I will sleep on the couch and promise to leave the toilet seat down!!!

I'll ask, I'm do think I want him going now either :lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 46916577)
Empty promise.

You men are all the same. It's all 'I promise to leave the toilet seat down' until your up in the middle of the night with a foggy brain and no glasses on :rotfl2:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M (Post 46916629)
He can get you the Family & Friends rate possibly. I don't know about black out dates. But he has to book it. So you'd have to give him your cc number to book. And he would be in charge of your res. He seems pretty resistant to booking anything, I don't know if I'd leave it up to him from his past history. I'd prob try to get a general discount and book myself, or you may end up with nothing. If he comes thru for you then you can cancel your reservation.

I think that is going to have to be the plan :woohoo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdklein (Post 46916900)
I always put down the seat when done, and I have great aim!!!:goodvibes

is their an emoticon for "dreaming" :laughing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ars0525 (Post 46917229)
I would ask him what is going on reservaton wise & if he's booked anything yet. Mention since he's the employee, your understanding is he has to book it to get the discount & therefore may need your payment info. It's your vacation too so it's understandable you would be asking these things.

That being said I would also book something myself & try to find my own deal since he doesn't seem very intent on doing anything for this trip.

He sounds like an absolute blast to vacation with. Maybe it's best if you don't all stay together.

So true! I have the other persons info as I have booked for us togetjer before.. Now if we could only get and end of April discount and I can book us and let the chips fall where they may for him :rolleyes:



Thanks all for making this a fun lighthearted thread.. you turned my frown upside down :grouphug:

:goodvibes

disneyfantotheend 12-13-2012 01:54 PM

Are you 100% sure he won't end up bailing at the last minute? What if a week prior, he decides not to go? You all lose your reservations, because I am pretty sure he needs to be there at checkin.

pinkerbell 12-13-2012 01:56 PM

Can an ESPN Id be used to gert into the employee stores?
 
So if our friend ever gets his act togehter and makes it to Disney, can he get us into the employee store? Many years ago when I workled there I think it was called property control and was well, I'll just say an undisclosed location. Then a few yrs back we went with a relative who worked there at the time and it was a big store area, with a little trailer next to it. The bigger area had many of the same items like a regular store and the trailer had more dmaged type items.
:goodvibes

nyisles84 12-13-2012 02:15 PM

For the employee room, he will get 50% off. For all other rooms that he is not in, they will get 40% off.

If he decided to bail, the other Friends and Family rooms will still get the 40% off discount, he will just have to make sure to fax his ID down with the confirmation numbers within 10 days of arrival.

He will be allowed to take you to the company store which is Company D, and you can get into the big building at Property Control with him. You will not however be allowed into the smaller trailor like building next door, as that is CM's only and contains mostly damaged items.

pinkerbell 12-13-2012 07:23 PM

The other'e we travel with every year are his sister in law (wife's sister) and family, and the fallout would be pretty sever if he pulled that, and His wife would probably step in, however, thanks for that info and I will be sure to get copies of this stuff just in case!

Thanks also for the info on the employee store stuff! :goodvibes:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.