The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Coping and Compassion (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Brain Fog? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3031000)

Luv0fDisney 12-08-2012 09:39 PM

Brain Fog?
 
Anyway, I totally know what I have.... Brain Fog.
I have most of the symptoms if not all...

1) Horrible short term memory
2) Difficulty with word finding and word substitution
3) Disorientation lasting 30-60 seconds ( You might be driving somewhere and you forget where you are and where you are going)
4) Loss of mental acuity
5) Forgetfulness
6) In ability to think clearly
7) A feeling that you’re in a fog or a dark cloud is over your head
8) Decreased attention span
9) Mild depression or anxiety
10) Lack of spatial awareness
11) Difficulty concentrating
12) Lack of focus
13) Confusion
14) Spaciness or Absentmindedness
15) Trouble learning new tasks
16) Trouble solving problems
17) Decrease in creativity
18) Decreased mental stamina

(from a website).

Now I am curious if anybody else has had brain fog?
I heard that apple cider vinegar helps.

Anybody had experience with brain fog?

mommasita 12-09-2012 09:08 PM

HI there.:)

I do, and always did.

However, I was JUST diagnosed after multiple tests, with permanent brain loss. I am learning how to deal with that. It stems from a brain condition prior to surgery.

Do you have Fibro or something of the like? If you do, or think you might, I suggest a Rheumatologist. Honestly, mine is just marvelous. I know how frustrating it can be.

disneyjes 12-10-2012 10:12 AM

I have had brain fog from my celiac. It's no fun! It has lessened since not eating gluten. I will be sending you some thoughts!

kaligal 12-18-2012 04:12 AM

This is the funniest part of my illnesses. I can't remember basic things and end up saying the most ridiculous stuff.

The other day, I couldn't remember a word, so I'm talking (and motioning) to DH and I say, "...the...the...the King Hat. The hat. That the kings wear?! It is pointy, jewel-encrusted, made of gold??! The KING HAT!!!?" And my arms are moving up and down while my fingers make pinching motions above my head.)

Of course he says, "The crown?" And I'm like, "Yes. God!" And then I can go on with the story.

It is kind of frustrating. Sometimes it is a little frightening. I like to act like the problem is with my family...like they are exasperating because they can't figure out that I'm describing a crown. Fools. ;) and i laugh at them for being so dumb. But mostly I am laughing at myself.

Yesterday, I forgot the word "empty" and was saying that the cat's dish "is now without food."

Luv0fDisney 12-21-2012 03:08 PM

what makes it worse for me with brain fog is my motivation and self confidence is gone. :(.
i don't have a bf or any friends here. it makes it harder to get out and meet new people

mommasita 12-21-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv0fDisney (Post 46970934)
what makes it worse for me with brain fog is my motivation and self confidence is gone. :(.
i don't have a bf or any friends here. it makes it harder to get out and meet new people

:hug: I'm sorry. Do you have any holiday plans that may perk you up?

Luv0fDisney 12-22-2012 02:21 PM

Not really. Right now 12/22/2012 I am sick as a dog. I have been sick since 12/19/2012 and hopefully can get better before 12/25/2012. Christmas hasn't felt the same in years since of the brain fog. I don't look forward to any thing any more because everything is taken away from me or bad luck which i have been having for the past 26 years. :(

Right now I'm looking forward to Death because there's nothing on this earth that makes me smile any more. Not even Disney. My last trip wasn't that much fun. I mostly just tolerated it.

mommasita 12-22-2012 08:35 PM

Sweetie, I am sorry you are so down and out.

Perhaps you can try and see someone who specializes in pain and/or depression due to it. I know I have been there, and it is a lonely place, but it can get better.

If you need a friend, or even a shoulder, feel free to PM me anytime. If I am not around, I will get back when I can.. :grouphug:

kaligal 12-23-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv0fDisney (Post 46976379)
Not really. Right now 12/22/2012 I am sick as a dog. I have been sick since 12/19/2012 and hopefully can get better before 12/25/2012. Christmas hasn't felt the same in years since of the brain fog. I don't look forward to any thing any more because everything is taken away from me or bad luck which i have been having for the past 26 years. :(

Right now I'm looking forward to Death because there's nothing on this earth that makes me smile any more. Not even Disney. My last trip wasn't that much fun. I mostly just tolerated it.

You seriously need to talk to your primary doc, a shrink or psychologist. Psychologists frequently work under others who can prescribe meds or they can recommend to your primary...

You need to get some help. Pronto.

And there is help for you if you just seek it. :)

Luv0fDisney 12-25-2012 03:00 PM

right now it is 3:57pm on 12/25/2012 i am home-alone cuz i am sick while family went to my aunt's house. :(
i just feel like this sickness is not going away ever. my ears are clogged and i am scared that it's permanent. i get these crazy idea's and thoughts in my head and feel scared to the bone. i just feel like i'm never going to be me again where i just love everything and everyone.

my aunt and uncle are going to disney and they want my imput. :) I am looking forward to new years (if i am not still sick). i have been sick since 12-19-2012. argh. i honestly thought i'd feel better by now.

i feel like i don't have any emotions. like right now everything is still and mostly silent in my body except for my head. I don't sleep any more. I am still wide awake at night where i can run 5 marathons. when i close my eyes it feels like i'm just closin them like to play hide and seek my body doesn't shut down or feel emotion any more. :(

kaligal 12-30-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv0fDisney (Post 46990984)
right now it is 3:57pm on 12/25/2012 i am home-alone cuz i am sick while family went to my aunt's house. :(
i just feel like this sickness is not going away ever. my ears are clogged and i am scared that it's permanent. i get these crazy idea's and thoughts in my head and feel scared to the bone. i just feel like i'm never going to be me again where i just love everything and everyone.

my aunt and uncle are going to disney and they want my imput. :) I am looking forward to new years (if i am not still sick). i have been sick since 12-19-2012. argh. i honestly thought i'd feel better by now.

i feel like i don't have any emotions. like right now everything is still and mostly silent in my body except for my head. I don't sleep any more. I am still wide awake at night where i can run 5 marathons. when i close my eyes it feels like i'm just closin them like to play hide and seek my body doesn't shut down or feel emotion any more. :(

You need more help than can be given over the internet. Please call your doctor and discuss this stuff with him.

A lot of my confusion, fogginess and such was cleared up with vitamin replacements and meds. I think your problems, though different, might also be helped with some meds.

Best of luck.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.