The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   No Carsland Announcement today at "Around Our World" (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030427)

Buffalo2Disney 12-07-2012 08:48 AM

No Carsland Announcement today at "Around Our World"

Carsland was NOT announced today at the "Around Our World" presentation and still remains a rumor for the time being, possibly until the 2013 D23 Expo in August. However, they did talk about Avatar and it is definitely a go but still remains in the very early planning stages.

Toy_Story2010 12-07-2012 09:21 AM

Was avatar land explained or just a ride or two or no solid details?

Gina 12-07-2012 01:43 PM

I can't believe that ridiculous Avatar-land thing is still supposed to happen... Does anyone even still care about that movie? :sad2:

SMorgan711 12-07-2012 01:57 PM

Has Carsland been rumored to make an appearance at WDW??

disneyworld1977 12-07-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina (Post 46876731)
I can't believe that ridiculous Avatar-land thing is still supposed to happen... Does anyone even still care about that movie? :sad2:

I thought it was a decent movie, but not crazy about. Honestly, I never have been big on it coming to Disney Parks. I am still up and down about it. If they have more movies coming out, then it will probably be ok for Disney to movie forward with. If Disney does it, then it may be pretty cool though. Either way I am neither excited or mad about it. I am neutral!

Pixiedust34 12-07-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Agree. I keep hoping they'll sweep that project under a rug and let it stay there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMorgan711 (Post 46876806)
Has Carsland been rumored to make an appearance at WDW??

Yes. Strong rumors indicate that Studios will have a Cars Land sometime.

JustMeFran 12-07-2012 02:38 PM

FWIW- Avatar 2 is in the works (2014/15 release) and they plan on filming Avatar 2 and 3 back to back. Trilogy has been the plan for Cameron from day 1.

-Fran =)

Ltl Mermaid 12-07-2012 02:48 PM

I would be really disappointed if Carsland came to WDW. It is nice to have something completely unique here in CA. Plus Radiator Springs Racers is very similar to Test Track which is already at WDW. I think a Toy Story or Monsters Inc land (Monstropolis) would be awesome!

Ash20 12-07-2012 03:01 PM

I'm glad that nothing has been confirmed as I read that the backlot tour is rumoured to be replaced if Cars Land is built and I def want to hang onto that attraction a little longer. Not because the backlot tour is so amazing, but purely because it is one of my earliest WDW memories from when I was a kid with my family and I remember how great I thought the end stunt was. :rolleyes2 I've turned into one of those people I used to mock who can't let go of the past!

Tink1987 12-07-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ltl Mermaid
I would be really disappointed if Carsland came to WDW. It is nice to have something completely unique here in CA. Plus Radiator Springs Racers is very similar to Test Track which is already at WDW. I think a Toy Story or Monsters Inc land (Monstropolis) would be awesome!

I couldn't agree more with you. Carsland is perfect in DL. I mean California is where the film is set, please just keep it there Disney and come up with something totally unique for DHS! A whole Pixar place/Star Wars land would be totally more awesome.

johnGorski 12-07-2012 07:10 PM

Still Avatar land in very early stages in planning, so this time next year if lucky we will see some concept art.

Peter Pirate 2 12-07-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

I can't believe your ridiculous comments about a land that will allow the imagineers to actually use their imagination! Using your logic, does anyone even still care about Mickey Mouse? Way to have an open mind.

MouseEarsForAll 12-07-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ltl Mermaid

That's not what people in Florida are saying...:) WDW wants everything DL's got. WDW is the little brother that is trying to beat its older brother at everything.

Tink1987 12-08-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MouseEarsForAll

That's not what people in Florida are saying...:) WDW wants everything DL's got. WDW is the little brother that is trying to beat its older brother at everything.

That's a great way to put it - it's like a battle of the coasts ;)

beer dave 12-08-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 (Post 46879038)
I can't believe your ridiculous comments about a land that will allow the imagineers to actually use their imagination! Using your logic, does anyone even still care about Mickey Mouse? Way to have an open mind.

Thank you.

Don't repeat or re use anything.

Don't do something new that I don't like.

Leave everything the same.

Change everything so it is all different.