The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   “WE’RE GOING TO MICKEY’S HOUSE!" ...aka the trip that drove me up a wall. - THE END!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3027783)

LifeIsDis 11-30-2012 07:56 PM

“WE’RE GOING TO MICKEY’S HOUSE!" ...aka the trip that drove me up a wall. - THE END!!

I think this was the worst Disney trip we have ever been on.

Yes, I know y'all--and no I'm not from down South--are probably thinking "How can a Disney trip be awful?!"

Well I am here to prove that is possible.

I basically rolled my eyes, gossiped about my family with Mum, and came this close to punching someone in the face during this trip.

If I could take away one thing from this trip, it would be that we are never ever ever--now you will all have that song stuck in your heads. You're welcome--going on a family vacation again, especially with family that is on Main Street USA "looking for the hat."

I'm not joking.

And you are all probably wondering why two Disney FREAKS went on a trip with family that drove us up a wall.

I don't know the answer to that.

All I know is that we were stupid for inviting our family to come with us.

Y'all are probably wondering who Mum and I are and this family I speak--well, type of, actually--of. It was an interesting group, that's all I'm sayin.

First off is your narrator, chocolate croissant lover, disfreak, photographer, tweeter, music lover, trip report writer, etc., etc., etc. But most importantly, ME!

The name is
Meg
http://imageshack.us/a/img707/4223/d...er20121216.jpg
(that's me and my best friend Henry)

You might know me as the writer of the masterpiece "Didn't you see our first movie? We drive..." An August 2012 TR. If you have read it, thank ya very much. And if you haven't, I don't know what you have been doing these last few months! GO READ IT. You will laugh, you will cry, and most importantly, you will think I am awesome. Because I am. DUH.

Enough about my first TR. Let's get to a little more about moi!

I am definitely not your average teenager. Nowadays, your average teenager is obsessing over One Direction and doing whatever normal teenagers do. First of all, I am a disfreak, but I have mentioned that already. I have been to the World about 11 times and once to Disneyland when I was 6, and I don't remember anything about it. How lovely, I know.
My dream is to do the College Program and to work at Disney for my whole life. I already talk about moving to Florida and doing the DCP.
I am obsessed with the details around the park, and if you read my August TR, you already know that and how I go on rants about details all the time. Oh, and by the way, ranting is one of my specialties. You have been warned.
And I also love reading about Walt Disney and the whole company in general. And yes, I am one of those people who sit in One Man's Dream and cry my eyes out. I am not ashamed.
Other than stuff about Disney, I LOVE to take pictures (you will find that out in this TR) and I am such a music lover and take guitar lessons every week.

And have I mentioned I love chocolate croissants?

Because I do.

Enough about moi, let's move on to the one, the only...
Mum
http://imageshack.us/a/img812/2925/d...ber2012341.jpg

Y'all may know her as Melissa, my wonderful mother, or melmar136 here on the boards. Or that person that I always make fun of in my trip reports, since I am such a great daughter and all.

Mum is the one who got me through this trip. She actually "gets" Disney and isn't there for just the rides, THANK GOD. She is actually the one who got me into Disney and has been on every trip with me. She has been to WDW about 25 times and to Disneyland once.
I couldn't ask for a better best friend, seriously. She is the best Mum ever and does so much for moi.
Good thing she understands my passion for Disney, because if she didn't, I would've lost my mind by now.

Oh wait. I have.

So usually, that would end my introductions. I wish my introductions were over...

Next up, is my cousin,
Troy
http://imageshack.us/a/img717/976/di...ber2012777.jpg
He loved Muppet Vision, as you can see.

This was Troy's first visit to the World and his favorite thing was meeting the characters, especially the Big Cheese! Everyday he would ask "When are we going to Mickey's House?" up until our trip. It was a lot of fun to go to WDW with him and I don't have anything bad to say about him. I will about other people though...
He is three...I mean TWO years old! Disney thought he was two...SHHHHHHH!!!

Next we have my aunt and uncle (aka Troy's parents),
Seth and Jackie
http://imageshack.us/a/img24/7128/di...ber2012588.jpg

Seth is my awesome uncle and my roller coaster buddy. He loved going on all of the rides and seeing new things because he hadnt been to Disney in 21 years!!!! Something is wrong with the man, I know.

And Jackie is my aunt, of course. I truly think that Disney was not a fit for her. She would be perfectly fine relaxing on the beach, having some drinks. I really can't say if she loved Disney or not. I mean, if they are "planning" to go next year, they must've loved it, right? I dont know. And if you are wondering, we will not be going with them again next year.

So Seth and Jackie basically drove me up a wall. They complained, whined, woke up at 10 am (I was mad), and a lot more that made me want to strangle someone. Stay tuned for my rants on them. They should be good.

And last, but not least, is,
Mimi
http://imageshack.us/a/img15/3038/di...ber2012476.jpg

Mimi is my grandmother, but her real name is Cheryl. She has been through a lot this year and we wanted to get her away for Thanksgiving, so we invited her with us. I don't know if this was the best decision ever, but whatevs. She hadn't been to Disney in about 12 years and she was SO excited about this trip, just like me at first...

So that wraps us the intros.

And next we have our itinerary!

We were at Disney from November 22nd (Thanksgiving) till the 28th. Seth, Jackie and Troy only stayed till the 26th, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing...

We had a triple stay this trip, and boy, was it crazy! But I have to say, it was cool getting to see all of the decorations at the three resorts we stayed at.

So we stayed at Saratoga Springs from the 22-24th,
Wilderness Lodge (my FAVE!) from the 24-26th,
and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation from the 26-28th, because we ran out of DVC points.
(Mimi stayed with us).

Seth, Jackie, and Troy stayed at All Star Sports, thanks to my wonderful friend Alicia's CM discount! They were planning to stay off property at first and then they got the discount. THANK GOD.

So, I think thats pretty much it for all of the information y'all need to know at this point.

WAIT! I almost forgot!
I will be posting tweets from this trip (in this font) and pictures from Instagram.

Now I think we're all set!

Please move all the way down to the end of the row, make sure your feet and arms are inside of the boat, please stand clear of the doors, and hold on to the handrails if you are standing.

All ready?

Wonderful!

Then let's go!

:tinker:OFF TO NEVERLAND!:tinker:

Well actually we are off to our crazy family vacation, but you get the point.

LifeIsDis 11-30-2012 07:56 PM

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Real Life Updates
The day before Disney

November 22nd, 2012
Our crazy travelin' morning
FINALLY getting to SSR!
A whole chapter of ranting. You're welcome.
THE OSBORNE LIGHTS

November 23rd, 2012
Getting to Animal Kingdom!
"When I was a young WARTHOOOOG!"
Shopping, smashed screens, and a train ride
Goats and Glitzy
Another chapter full of animal pictures
Starvation, FOOD, and trees
CUTENESS OVERLOAD
Dino the flying dinosaur and the Yeti (that doesn't work)
Finding Nemo: the Musical!
Food, some food, and MORE FOOD

A trash can, laughing, food, going through space, and punching people in the face...well almost.
Stuck. On Splash Mountain. With some losers.
Going home. My REAL home.

That one time that we ate at Blank Blank Blank
Drama in Frontierland. WHAT ELSE IS NEW?!
The Once Upon a Christmastime Parade PART 1!
The Once Upon a Christmastime Parade PART 2!
My photo walk at Epcot - PART 1!
A trip to Heaven, becoming a princess, and touring two countries
Chillin' with Henry. That's about it.
Getting to Art of Animation!
The Lion King section and a tour of our room

November 27th, 2012
Candlelight Processional time!
Evil Merida and PAYBACK!!!
The Grand and FIREWORKS! part 2

November 28th, 2012
A tour of the Cars section!

melmar136 11-30-2012 10:03 PM

Just so all of your readers know...I am a saint. :rotfl:
If they have read any of your first TR, they should already know that. :angel:
However, I should point out something that you didn't mention in the introductions....these are my EX-in laws. Yes, we are friendly...and amazingly enough after this trip, we still are. We just won't be going away with them again. ;)

jecskc 11-30-2012 10:38 PM

I'm here !!

And I think I am free to mention that when I saw you at AK, you both looked a little peeved. You were holding your cousin's hand and had your other hand on your hip, looking like you were about to hurt someone. Your mom was shaking her head a little. And we have mentioned several times how PACKED it was that day. And if you got a late start ?? Yeah, I can imagine things didn't actually go smoothly.

We knew with the crowds, we had to get to the parks early. Too bad your family couldn't appreciate your Disney expertise and awesomeness so they could experience the optimum enjoyment that Disney can provide.

Looking forward to reading along and see all of the resort photos !!

lisatav 11-30-2012 11:20 PM

I just finished your last TR and i'm looking forward to this one! I'm sorry it wasn't the best trip, but a trip to Disney is always better then any other theme park (l still don't like to talk about that trip i went on to Hershey park yikes!). Anyway, I will attempt not to be a lurker this time. Can't wait to see the updates!

heaven2dc 12-01-2012 01:14 AM

Yay! You're back - can't wait to read all about your trip! I definitely can sympathize with going w/family who don't seem to understand it's important to get up earlier than 10 am and whine the whole trip (I'm speaking of my brother-in-law and sister-in-law on our trip back in 1997 where we stayed at BWV for 10 days which cost me billions of dollars because I wasn't smart enough to buy into DVC back then...well I still haven't but will one day lol. Plus I paid for their entire trip and all they did was complain so that was the only one time I've ever traveled with them...sorry about the rant :rotfl2:).

I love that you are so close to your Mum and share the Disney magic :goodvibes

LifeIsDis 12-01-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melmar136 (Post 46826677)
Just so all of your readers know...I am a saint. :rotfl:
If they have read any of your first TR, they should already know that. :angel:
However, I should point out something that you didn't mention in the introductions....these are my EX-in laws. Yes, we are friendly...and amazingly enough after this trip, we still are. We just won't be going away with them again. ;)

Yes you are, Mum, yes you are.
I am SHOCKED we are still talking after this trip :laughing:
We will NEVER be going away with them again!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jecskc (Post 46826881)
I'm here !!

And I think I am free to mention that when I saw you at AK, you both looked a little peeved. You were holding your cousin's hand and had your other hand on your hip, looking like you were about to hurt someone. Your mom was shaking her head a little. And we have mentioned several times how PACKED it was that day. And if you got a late start ?? Yeah, I can imagine things didn't actually go smoothly.

We knew with the crowds, we had to get to the parks early. Too bad your family couldn't appreciate your Disney expertise and awesomeness so they could experience the optimum enjoyment that Disney can provide.

Looking forward to reading along and see all of the resort photos !!

YAY!!!
Susan, that was me the whole entire trip :rotfl: And yeah, we got there at like 9:30 and Seth, Jackie, and Troy got there at like 11:30. Then they would complain about how everything was such a long wait, it was so crowded, blah, blah, blah. Well maybe if you got there at 9:30 it wouldn't be bad! GRRRR.
They just didn't understand what Disney is. They thought sleeping in was fine, getting to ADRs late was ok, and just every other thing to possibly annoy the crap out of me.

I'm done now.

I kind of took over 1,700 pictures...

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisatav (Post 46827078)
I just finished your last TR and i'm looking forward to this one! I'm sorry it wasn't the best trip, but a trip to Disney is always better then any other theme park (l still don't like to talk about that trip i went on to Hershey park yikes!). Anyway, I will attempt not to be a lurker this time. Can't wait to see the updates!

Welcome! I hope you enjoyed my last TR!
Yes, you are right! I remember going to Hershey Park years ago. I try not to think about that!
I love your comments and I'm happy to have you following along :goodvibes

Quote:

Originally Posted by heaven2dc (Post 46827309)
Yay! You're back - can't wait to read all about your trip! I definitely can sympathize with going w/family who don't seem to understand it's important to get up earlier than 10 am and whine the whole trip (I'm speaking of my brother-in-law and sister-in-law on our trip back in 1997 where we stayed at BWV for 10 days which cost me billions of dollars because I wasn't smart enough to buy into DVC back then...well I still haven't but will one day lol. Plus I paid for their entire trip and all they did was complain so that was the only one time I've ever traveled with them...sorry about the rant :rotfl2:).

I love that you are so close to your Mum and share the Disney magic :goodvibes

Welcome!
Don't be sorry for the rant! I love rants! And I can totally relate to everything you said. Mum and I did ALL of the planning, getting ADRs, getting them the room discount, and pretty much did everything for them. Do you think we got a thank you? No. All we got was complaining. It was quite lovely...
And you should totally buy DVC! We love it!
And thanks :goodvibes Thank God I have her!

jecskc 12-01-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LifeIsDis (Post 46828508)

I kind of took over 1,700 pictures...

THIS !!! I knew I could count on you !! Can't wait to see !!

LifeIsDis 12-01-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jecskc (Post 46828890)
THIS !!! I knew I could count on you !! Can't wait to see !!

I just needed to capture everything, especially all of the Christmas decorations!

francis6306 12-01-2012 02:30 PM

Sounds like our trips overlapped a little! :thumbsup2 We were there the 17th-24th. :)

Sorry you had bad traveling partners. We traveled with friends in 2010 and while it was fun, it was sooooo much easier to do our own thing on this trip!! :thumbsup2 I say that you should reward yourself for not hurting anyone (physically) and plan a trip back to Disney to erase the bad memories of this trip- STAT! ::yes::

wdwtwins 12-01-2012 04:28 PM

Awesome start!:thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more!:cool1:

jstarsho 12-01-2012 10:03 PM

I'm here and ready to read about your latest adventure!

LifeIsDis 12-01-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francis6306 (Post 46830292)
Sounds like our trips overlapped a little! :thumbsup2 We were there the 17th-24th. :)

Sorry you had bad traveling partners. We traveled with friends in 2010 and while it was fun, it was sooooo much easier to do our own thing on this trip!! :thumbsup2 I say that you should reward yourself for not hurting anyone (physically) and plan a trip back to Disney to erase the bad memories of this trip- STAT! ::yes::

Oh really? I hope you had a wonderful trip!
I like it MUCH better being just the two of us. It's hard to travel with other people, especially ones who don't "understand" Disney.
We are going again in August, which in my opinion, is way too far away, but I'll live. And THANK GOD it will just be Mum and I!
And I'm happy to have you here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdwtwins (Post 46830926)
Awesome start!:thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more!:cool1:

WELCOME! I hope you enjoy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstarsho (Post 46832885)
I'm here and ready to read about your latest adventure!

YAY! Glad you're here!

leopardmickeyears 12-03-2012 01:44 PM

"I think this was the worst Disney trip we have ever been on."
""How can a Disney trip be awful?!""

Been there, done that, like 3 times.
Or 2.5. Whateves.
First time was also with family, and the most recent trip was with (now EX best friends) My mom and I did a lot of gossiping too. Some people are just miserable and others just should stay out of the world because they ruin it for the rest of us!!!!! :mad:

LifeIsDis 12-04-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears
"I think this was the worst Disney trip we have ever been on."
""How can a Disney trip be awful?!""

Been there, done that, like 3 times.
Or 2.5. Whateves.
First time was also with family, and the most recent trip was with (now EX best friends) My mom and I did a lot of gossiping too. Some people are just miserable and others just should stay out of the world because they ruin it for the rest of us!!!!! :mad:

I'm glad a lot of people can relate. I thought it was going to be wonderful and we were going to have such a great time. That's exactly how it turned out...
Instead of talking about Disney, Mum and I would whisper about everyone and how annoying they were. It was great!
I can't wait to her about how my aunt and uncle's trip to the World next year is going to be. They will be those people who eat chicken nuggets the whole time because they did no planning and have no ADRs. Seriously. :laughing: