The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Pool hopping at Universal hotels? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3025662)

disneyba 11-25-2012 06:44 PM

Pool hopping at Universal hotels?

Can anyone tell me if guests at HRH can use the pools at RPR and PBH?

Booked for a few nights in January. My wife likes the quiet pool at PBH for doing laps, and the grandkids like the waterplay area at RPR.

Thanks for the info.

goldwest 11-25-2012 07:17 PM

Pool hopping Ok

I read somewhere else on DIS that pool hopping is OK at Universal (they actually stated encouraged) I had cut and paste it into my tips file.

macraven 11-25-2012 07:36 PM

yes, pool hopping is acceptable and encouraged.
you can get towels at the pool you are using, just show your hotel room key.

i stay at rph and pool hopped to pbh.
i ran a tab at pbh poolside and it was charged to my room at rph.

many homies pool hop.

Bluer101 11-26-2012 06:34 AM

Yep, we pool hop all the time. We stay only at RPR and pool hop to HRH. Now you have the best of both worlds.:thumbsup2

barryvo 01-08-2013 08:32 PM

We are staying at the HRH starting tomorrow and would like to pool hop. What is the best way to get to the other hotels? Can you drive and park in the their gararge/lot since you are already paying for parking? Or is it better to catch the boat? Do the boats run hourly or is there a schedule?

damo 01-08-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryvo (Post 47128353)
We are staying at the HRH starting tomorrow and would like to pool hop. What is the best way to get to the other hotels? Can you drive and park in the their gararge/lot since you are already paying for parking? Or is it better to catch the boat? Do the boats run hourly or is there a schedule?

The boats run continually...so about every 10-15 minutes. At HRH, you can easily walk to PBH (less than 5 minutes) and RPR is about 20 minutes.

There is also a bus that runs between the hotels that would work as well.

I think you can park at the other hotels, but I'm not positive. Just ask at the front desk.

macraven 01-08-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barryvo (Post 47128353)

i am not sure since you are staying at hrh if you would have to pay a parking fee at the other hotels.

the policy for hotel parking is there is a cost of $20 for day guests.
this really is meant for those that are not staying onsite but visit hotel guest there.

i feel driving would take up more time than walking or using the water taxi.

the easiest way to pool hop is by using the water taxi.

take the water taxi from hrh to city walk dock.
from there, take the water taxi to the hotel you want to pool hop.

the boats usually leave every 15 minutes to the hotels.

but, if you just miss the boat that goes to rph, you could walk to rph in less time than waiting for the next water taxi.

walk up the stairs to city walk.
when you are by margaritaville, use that walking path to rph.
it will be about a 4-5 minute walk.
the walk way will empty out near the pool.

pbh, eh, take the water taxi.
but, if you leave hrh from the front/side exit, you can walk to pbh in about 7 minutes.

donaldduck352 01-09-2013 09:15 PM

With all the walking we do doing the parks and CW,the water taxi or even the ripshaws(this cost money,they work on tips,but very enjoyable to see the landscape)are far better way to get to PBH.For us anyway.