The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   The Little Mermaid (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024303)

j&j620 11-21-2012 03:28 PM

The Little Mermaid
 
Does anyone know why The Little Mermaid is NEVER on TV?

j&j620 11-23-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybug02 (Post 46764321)
It is an old movie and they expect everyone to have a copy of it

Not much older than Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin and yet they are both on TV from time to time.

PrincessBri12 02-02-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j&j620 (Post 46772595)
Not much older than Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin and yet they are both on TV from time to time.

Yeah, it just doesn't make any sense to not show 'Little Mermaid' on TV while everything else gets aired.

owl0306 02-02-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybug02 (Post 46764321)
It is an old movie and they expect everyone to have a copy of it

really then why was lion king on disney channel this past week? your answer is ridiculous

JFonzarelli 02-06-2013 07:00 AM

That's a very good question. My guess is because it has very little demand compared to the Lion Kings, Aladdins, etc. :confused3
Its crazy, really.

jgh 02-06-2013 01:05 PM

I would also suppose that it's just because, in the past, people haven't tuned into it as much as they have for say, The Lion King. Other than that, couldn't say.

Feet9800 02-08-2013 02:02 PM

It's because The Little Mermaid is in the Disney Vault at the moment. It looks like it's gonna be released late 2013. You will probably see it on tv from time to time after its released!(:

Baby Pluto 02-13-2013 12:50 PM

The Little Mermaid is in the Disney Vault right now.
It comes out again in theaters this September 13th, in 3D too!
Afterwards it will be available for purchase once again.

This movie is one of my favorites so I'm really excited!

Feet9800 02-18-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Pluto
The Little Mermaid is in the Disney Vault right now.
It comes out again in theaters this September 13th, in 3D too!
Afterwards it will be available for purchase once again.

This movie is one of my favorites so I'm really excited!

I heard that they cancelled the 3D release of it? :(

Baby Pluto 02-18-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feet9800 (Post 47545921)
I heard that they cancelled the 3D release of it? :(

Oh my goodness! Where did you hear this?

I hope it's just the 3D release and not the release all together.
The Little Mermaid is one of my favorites and I've been looking forward to seeing it in theaters!

Luv0fDisney 02-19-2013 10:53 AM

It was from the disney movie rewards. If you follow em on facebook they told you there.

oktober1995 03-16-2013 05:42 PM

They didn't cancel the 3D release, they cancelled the theatrical release. The Little Mermaid will be available on 3D Bluray, the only thing is, it won't appear in theatres:(.

2012DisneyWorldBride 03-21-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j&j620
Does anyone know why The Little Mermaid is NEVER on TV?

I wonder the exact same thing! In the past 6 months Aladdin and Lion King and Beauty and the Beast and Cinderella has been on... But no Little Mermaid???

I'm sorry but the little mermaid is way popular than lion king or Aladdin!

*sarah* 04-13-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oktober1995 (Post 47818882)
They didn't cancel the 3D release, they cancelled the theatrical release. The Little Mermaid will be available on 3D Bluray, the only thing is, it won't appear in theatres:(.

So bummed to hear this!! I was just telling dh last night that I couldn't wait to go see it later this year. :(

tianna26 04-14-2013 02:00 PM

I wonder why i was looking forward to taking my niece


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.