The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Wow. Universal Resort. 2 thumbs up (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024069)

codimouse 11-20-2012 09:44 PM

Wow. Universal Resort. 2 thumbs up

I was not expecting much from our last trip there the summer 3 years ago. Our experience there was horrible. Rude employees, etc

My how it had changed. We just spent 2 days at both US and IoA. We had a fabulous time. Employees were great and helpful. We had such a great time. Crowd levels for us both days - Sunday and today were low for our standards.
Nothing like predicted. We rode all rides and saw all attractions.

I have no clue why the difference but was pleased. Maybe the cooler temps versus the hot summer days 3 years ago.

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

macraven 11-20-2012 11:41 PM

glad you enjoyed your vacation there this time around.

i haven't encountered rudeness or anything unpleasant at my stays at the darkside or parks yet.
but, i have seen some that post they were disappointed in the darkside.

by giving UO another try, you had a better experience the second time around.
glad you didn't write off the darkside due to your experience 3 years back.
could be what you mentioned about the hot weather factoring into what you ran into 3 years back.

i find orlando vacations a lot more fun when i don't go in the summertime!
it can get really hot there.

carly chloe 11-21-2012 06:30 AM

Which hotel did you stay in?

Metro West 11-21-2012 07:06 AM

So glad you had an enjoyable time! :teeth:

damo 11-21-2012 08:01 AM

Glad to hear you had such a good time. Sometimes, going the second time when things are a bit familiar completely changes the experience.

Planogirl 11-21-2012 10:15 AM

We've been lucky. We've never run into a single rude employee at either Universal or WDW. We've seen a few that were indifferent at both places but it's rare.

I'm glad that you had a good time.

damo 11-21-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codimouse (Post 46757127)
I was not expecting much from our last trip there the summer 3 years ago. Our experience there was horrible. Rude employees, etc

My how it had changed. We just spent 2 days at both US and IoA. We had a fabulous time. Employees were great and helpful. We had such a great time. Crowd levels for us both days - Sunday and today were low for our standards.
Nothing like predicted. We rode all rides and saw all attractions.

I have no clue why the difference but was pleased. Maybe the cooler temps versus the hot summer days 3 years ago.

We've been going to Universal for the past 15 years or so and I have to say that I still haven't ridden all the rides or seen all the attractions.

I've never ridden Storm Force, Pteranadon Flyers, One Fish Two Fish, Caro-Seuss-el and I've never seen the Beetlejuice, Blue Brothers or Barney Shows.

BrinkofSunshine 11-21-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damo (Post 46759990)
We've been going to Universal for the past 15 years or so and I have to say that I still haven't ridden all the rides or seen all the attractions.

I've never ridden Storm Force, Pteranadon Flyers, One Fish Two Fish, Caro-Seuss-el and I've never seen the Beetlejuice, Blue Brothers or Barney Shows.

I spend a lot of time at UO and I've never seen Blues Brothers, Barney, or ridden Pterandon Flyers, either. There are no small kids in my family so P-Flyers is never an option for me :(

To the OP: Glad you had such a great time! Universal really has improved leaps and bounds in the quality of the parks and its Team Members over the past few years.

codimouse 11-22-2012 04:28 PM

One Fish Two Fish only once. My DD9 could have stayed on all day.

codimouse 11-22-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carly chloe
Which hotel did you stay in?

We stayed off site at Windsor Palms Resort. 3 bd 2ba for $61/night

Just landed and am home!

codimouse 11-22-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damo

We used the Express pass. I think that's what it's called. But didn't really need to on most. We got there early and beat most of the crowds.

damo 11-22-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codimouse (Post 46767932)
We used the Express pass. I think that's what it's called. But didn't really need to on most. We got there early and beat most of the crowds.

We usually stay onsite and use express pass too. For some reason, we just have never done those things that I said. I don't know why!

codimouse 11-22-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damo

We usually stay onsite and use express pass too. For some reason, we just have never done those things that I said. I don't know why!

Beetle juice was so good. I liked it.

Planogirl 11-22-2012 09:16 PM

The Blues Brothers show is really good too.

Krystalynn 11-22-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codimouse

Beetle juice was so good. I liked it.

Beetlejuice is my favorite show there! Glad you had a nice trip :)