The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Coping and Compassion (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   2 parents gone in five months (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3024051)

crackerjack21 11-20-2012 08:31 PM

2 parents gone in five months
 
I thought I was coping ok. My mom passed in June after a long illness, my father passed last week very unexpectedly. Today I was out and about and overhead some people complaining about their Mom or their Dad and on and on they went. I just lost it. I will never be able to "complain" about Mom or Dad again. I feel so alone and sad. :sad:

Kerrio929 11-20-2012 09:57 PM

I am so sorry. That's a lot to deal with in a short time. I can't imagine how difficult it must be. Hugs.

mommasita 11-20-2012 10:46 PM

:hug: My goodness, I am terribly sorry for your losses.

Do you have any siblings, or close family with you?

Krystalynn 11-20-2012 11:04 PM

I am so sorry :( So many people really do take their family members for granted! I would be angry too if I heard that. If I were in your position, knowing that they are together now would give me some comfort.

Hugs!

Luv0fDisney 11-21-2012 07:49 AM

I am sorry for your loss. Especially during this time of the year. If you need anybody to talk to you can pm me about anything.

crackerjack21 11-21-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommasita (Post 46757436)
:hug: My goodness, I am terribly sorry for your losses.

Do you have any siblings, or close family with you?

I have 3 older siblings. But we are very far apart in age. I was essentially raised as an only child. A "surprise" so to speak. We are just very different. I have my own family also, 2 boys :) Just feeling a little bit like an orphan right now. Dad was very lively and healthy and still living independently. He always took care of himself and did whatever the Dr said. His health actually improved a lot after Mom passed. I think all the worry over Mom took it's toll and when it was over he made it his mission to take care of himself. He was going to physical therapy twice a week to get off using a cane and did his excercises faithfully. I talked to him all the time and we visited every weekend. Then he had a heart attack out of the blue and that was it.

mommasita 11-21-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackerjack21 (Post 46763224)
I have 3 older siblings. But we are very far apart in age. I was essentially raised as an only child. A "surprise" so to speak. We are just very different. I have my own family also, 2 boys :) Just feeling a little bit like an orphan right now. Dad was very lively and healthy and still living independently. He always took care of himself and did whatever the Dr said. His health actually improved a lot after Mom passed. I think all the worry over Mom took it's toll and when it was over he made it his mission to take care of himself. He was going to physical therapy twice a week to get off using a cane and did his excercises faithfully. I talked to him all the time and we visited every weekend. Then he had a heart attack out of the blue and that was it.

I can't say I know how you feel, but it sounds like a natural feeling indeed.

What lovely parents you were cherished with.. It sounds like they were also blessed with you..

This is a wonderful board, and sometimes it just helps to type it out.. I so wish I could do more than send good thoughts and internet hugs..:hug:

crackerjack21 11-22-2012 11:50 PM

Thanks everyone , it definitely helps to type it out so to speak. We had Thanksgiving at our house this year. It would have been the first without Mom and never imagined it would also be without Dad too. We made it special, but it was a little weird. One day at a time as they say.

Albytaps 11-25-2012 06:00 PM

I'm so sorry you had to go through this so close together as they were. I just lost my mom a couple of weeks ago. I keep thinking of her and how hard it was to go through what she went through that sometimes I think it may have been better if it was a short and quick.

It's a good thing you have your own family as they will keep your mind off things. Good luck to you.

crackerjack21 11-27-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albytaps (Post 46785763)
I'm so sorry you had to go through this so close together as they were. I just lost my mom a couple of weeks ago. I keep thinking of her and how hard it was to go through what she went through that sometimes I think it may have been better if it was a short and quick.

It's a good thing you have your own family as they will keep your mind off things. Good luck to you.

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. It's hard no matter how old you are or they are or the circumstances.

mommasita 11-27-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albytaps (Post 46785763)
I'm so sorry you had to go through this so close together as they were. I just lost my mom a couple of weeks ago. I keep thinking of her and how hard it was to go through what she went through that sometimes I think it may have been better if it was a short and quick.

It's a good thing you have your own family as they will keep your mind off things. Good luck to you.

I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom..:flower3:

mommasita 11-27-2012 10:13 PM

Thanksgiving must have been hard Crackerjack. I thought of you and your family.:goodvibes

It really is one day at a time...

Just wanted to let you know you have friends here:flower3:
and you too Albytaps :flower3:

crackerjack21 11-28-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommasita (Post 46803931)
Thanksgiving must have been hard Crackerjack. I thought of you and your family.:goodvibes

It really is one day at a time...

Just wanted to let you know you have friends here:flower3:
and you too Albytaps :flower3:

Thanks, I just wanted to say your tag line about it's more important to be nice was something my mother had always said. She gave me a book mark when I was a child with that saying on it. So I think there must be some karma at work here, thanks for your kind words. :rose:

DisneyFan32WI 12-01-2012 02:50 PM

I'm sorry for all the heartbreak you have endured this year. The holidays are an especially hard time of year. Sending prayers your way. God bless.

mommasita 12-02-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackerjack21 (Post 46811853)
Thanks, I just wanted to say your tag line about it's more important to be nice was something my mother had always said. She gave me a book mark when I was a child with that saying on it. So I think there must be some karma at work here, thanks for your kind words. :rose:

Thank you for sharing that. I really believe in karma. Thinking of you:goodvibes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.