The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Disney to buy starbucks???? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023162)

Mouse14 11-18-2012 08:09 PM

Disney to buy starbucks????

Aaannnnnnd go.....

tjkraz 11-18-2012 11:10 PM

Why would The Walt Disney Company want to own/operate 20,000 retail coffee houses around the world? Is there some untapped market for selling Mickey Mouse plush or streaming Santa Buddies to consumers sipping on a $6 Pumpkin Latte?

DizCaptain 11-18-2012 11:31 PM

I remember a time when this was a place for actual rumors and news... now its just a whole lot of speculation and "what if" scenarios.

But. It wouldn't happen. Ever. Done.

jkpatrick 11-18-2012 11:43 PM

Mouse14 11-19-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkpatrick
I remember a time when we didn't get OPs that were trolls

I remember a time when fellow "disers" were nice and we could chat about random things... Troll? No sir not me. You think I'm trolling the site because of this post? It's just a fun speculation to talk about. Disney owns Big corporations like ABC Family, ESPN, and Lucas film, why not own something like Starbucks? It's kinda sad to read the way some people in here treat each other. Yea some time there are "trolls" but come on... I think you need to go to MK sit in front of the castle and regroup your attitude. It's a Disney web site, get off your high horse and have some fun....

firecracker725 11-19-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouse14 (Post 46743170)
I remember a time when fellow "disers" were nice and we could chat about random things... Troll? No sir not me. You think I'm trolling the site because of this post? It's just a fun speculation to talk about. Disney owns Big corporations like ABC Family, ESPN, and Lucas film, why not own something like Starbucks? It's kinda sad to read the way some people in here treat each other. Yea some time there are "trolls" but come on... I think you need to go to MK sit in front of the castle and regroup your attitude. It's a Disney web site, get off your high horse and have some fun....

You started it with your "and go" business.

Mouse14 11-19-2012 07:44 AM

Like i said just a subject for everyone to have fun with and go back on forth with prose and cons.

tjkraz 11-19-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firecracker725 (Post 46743194)
You started it with your "and go" business.

...and by posting on a "Rumors and News" forum. :confused3

A thread which is intended as "fun speculation" might fit better in one of the Just for Fun forums.

Mouse14 11-19-2012 07:57 AM

Lol wow ok guys.... I'm truly sorry..... Unbelieveable

lost*in*cyberspace 11-19-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouse14 (Post 46743219)
Like i said just a subject for everyone to have fun with and go back on forth with prose and cons.

Sorry, but this kind of speculation is ridiculous!

By the way, it's pros, not prose.

Mouse14 11-19-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace

Sorry, but this kind of speculation is ridiculous!

By the way, it's pros, not prose.

Ya, caught that after I posted it, thanks for the spell check... Why is it so ridiculous?

ChipnDale79 11-19-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkpatrick (Post 46742135)
I remember a time when we didn't get OPs that were trolls

I visit this board daily, but I don't post much for a reason, that reason is because there are a lot of rude people on these boards.

Is your comment really necessary?

tjkraz 11-19-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouse14 (Post 46743289)
Lol wow ok guys.... I'm truly sorry..... Unbelieveable

Seriously....take a step back and look at the situation. The forum is entitled Disney Rumors and News and you started a discussion entitled "Disney to buy starbucks????"

Nothing about your post indicated that it was for fun and games. Readers took it as some sort of a rumor and responded accordingly. If you had posted it in a more proper area, I'm sure it would have received a much different reception.

That said, I'm not really sure what sort of a fun discussion you were anticipating. Mickey-chinos? :confused3

A media conglomerate buying a major food & beverage chain doesn't really make any sense. There may be some value in putting Disney content in front of Starbucks customers (ABC News, ESPN) but that can be accomplished via a licensing agreement.

wiigirl 11-19-2012 10:05 AM

Would never happen.

Horace Horsecollar 11-19-2012 10:13 AM

Wall Street likes corporations that are strong in their field of business, not spread all over the business map.

The Walt Disney Company is an entertainment and media company. Even the company's lodging, food service, cruise line, and merchandising are all related to its core entertainment and media business.

Acquisitions such as the Muppets, Pixar, Marvel, and Lucasfilm were logical extensions of The Walt Disney Company's existing business sectors, with opportunities for synergies and efficiencies. With acquisitions of this nature, the sum is potentially worth far more than the individual parts. For example, imagine Pixar as merely a studio that has its movies released through various distributors, or imagine Disney without Pixar firmly in its fold.

On the other hand, there would really be nothing to gain from Disney owing Starbucks, Behr Paints, Hewlett-Packard, Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., or other companies that are fundamentally in different businesses than Disney.