The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The DIS Unplugged Podcast (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   best part about Disney World? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022461)

Oswald lover 11-16-2012 10:22 PM

best part about Disney World?

Whats the best part about Disney World? :)

tehSAC 11-19-2012 11:34 AM

The way it makes you forget about all the stresses of life and makes you feel like a child again.

disneydad78 11-19-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehSAC (Post 46744899)
The way it makes you forget about all the stresses of life and makes you feel like a child again.

ditto! :thumbsup2

Stacy's a freak 11-19-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Yup!

SamSam 11-19-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Exactly! Dh and I say it's our escape from reality.

kbiles 11-19-2012 07:14 PM

The rides and the restaurants.

cheshirecatattack 11-19-2012 09:00 PM

I love how it makes me forget the stresses of everyday life and that every moment is special.

SA mom 11-19-2012 09:40 PM

It's like visiting an alternate reality, where everything is wonderful, even when it doesn't go as planned.

Duzzygirl 11-19-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Another ... :thumbsup2

However, if you asked my husband, as someone did on our last trip ... The Exit ... Is is response. :scared1:

ADP 11-20-2012 08:32 AM

For me....It's the familiarity and comfort of the place. We know what to do and where to go in every situation. Also, there so much to do. There's never a reason to be bored unless you are so inclined to do nothing.

Stacy's a freak 11-20-2012 10:14 AM

And the feeling I get when I'm there. I'm sure this is all self-engineered, but the excitement that I get when planning and the true joy I feel when knowing I'm on property are the reasons I keep going back. My parents took us when we were kids so maybe there was one particular moment that I just fell in love but I honestly don't remember much about those trips aside from the fact that we would do three whole days in the MK (that's all there was back then). But I do know that we bugged my parents often to go back which lead to a once-every-four year trip for us. Maybe it's the sentimental side of things that is my favorite. My two older sisters love it just as much as I do ... maybe we just had good parents who indulged us :)

*NikkiBell* 11-20-2012 04:35 PM

For me, Disney is a place where I can forget about the world for awhile. I never turn on the television when at WDW unless it's on the resort channel (Stacy...lol). I forget what day it is and don't pay attention to the time. I also find that it is an amazing place to bond with friends and make new ones. Because I am lucky enough to go so often, I often find myself just "hanging out" at the resort or a restaurant instead of going "commando" to get on the next attraction. It's a very special place. :goodvibes

Rememberingthe70s 11-21-2012 07:26 PM

I love having a place to go where everything is beautiful, people are super-nice, and everything is handled from airport arrival to airport departure. I ADORE Magical Express and the park transportation! I don't care if it takes 40 minutes from a resort or not ... I'm so happy to be immersed in the Disney world and to have someone else carting me around, I'm thrilled no matter what. Stayed off-property once, and I'll never do it again. Instead, I hunt for deals on-property all year.

I go alone once each year, and just have the most awesome time. I feel like a kid let loose in a dream, without a care in the world. Don't even have to worry about how to get back to my bed. LOL

jcarter29 11-21-2012 08:46 PM

i love it because of all that it is when you put it all together. I love that I am perpetually 9 every time I walk through that tunnel at the Magic Kingdom. 9...37....what's the difference really when you are at WDW?!?

Kim

DeltaDiamond001 11-21-2012 08:57 PM

Every time I drive through the welcome gates, reality is instantly suspended and the stresses of every day life just fade away.

That, and Dole Whips... :)