The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Test Track? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021964)

WellingtonR 11-15-2012 05:05 PM

Test Track?
 
Any rumor about soft openings?

Experiment113 11-15-2012 06:18 PM

It's supposed to open Dec. 6 just like the new fantasyland. I forget where I heard that from though. Sorry.

pic22 11-15-2012 07:08 PM

Test Track
 
I saw on another site soft openning at the end of November. No official dates.

Experiment113 11-15-2012 07:39 PM

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/1...-disney-world/

champstylin 11-23-2012 07:15 PM

test track
 
they are in the test and adjust phase now. jus cycling the ride without guests gettin all the kinks out and training all the new cm's. no officail soft opening date it will jus be a spontanous thing so u jus have to be there the day they do it.:thumbsup2

DanBoris 11-24-2012 02:25 PM

CM's have had a chance to ride it and there have been some pretty positive reviews. I would expect soft openings soon.

Horizons16 11-25-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champstylin
they are in the test and adjust phase now. jus cycling the ride without guests gettin all the kinks out and training all the new cm's. no officail soft opening date it will jus be a spontanous thing so u jus have to be there the day they do it.:thumbsup2

Just talked to a cm friend working in resorts. Nothing coming through the pipeline about soft openings. Slightly nervous that this could be like the opening of Test Track 1.0

DizCaptain 11-25-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizons16 (Post 46781910)
Just talked to a cm friend working in resorts. Nothing coming through the pipeline about soft openings. Slightly nervous that this could be like the opening of Test Track 1.0

I heard from numerous people who actually got to ride it yesterday at a soft opening, so they started at least yesterday. From what I hear its really fun and polished, even has a better feel to it than the old TT. If anyone on here gets a chance to ride, let us know your opinion!

Here's a video uploaded not too long ago of the new area audio loop for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KROcrF7mCwA

WDWChloe 11-25-2012 11:19 AM

We'll be checking into the YC on Friday morning, hoping to go to Epcot quite a bit since we'll be a quick boat ride away...
I'm anxious to see what the new TT is like, praying for a soft opening while we're there! :)

Disneyfreak44 11-25-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DizCaptain (Post 46783008)
I heard from numerous people who actually got to ride it yesterday at a soft opening, so they started at least yesterday. From what I hear its really fun and polished, even has a better feel to it than the old TT. If anyone on here gets a chance to ride, let us know your opinion!

Here's a video uploaded not too long ago of the new area audio loop for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KROcrF7mCwA

Good to hear and thanks for the link. I can't wait to go on it this January.:cool1:

DizCaptain 12-01-2012 06:28 PM

For those interested, here is a POV video of the new version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghsehqzjhjk#

Personally, it "looks" really really nice. But they literally shoved technology down the throat of the old ride and do a terrible job of explaining each test. Also, the truck scene before the outdoor segment is still in, and makes absolutely no sense to me (much like the rest of it)... I'm unsure of this from watching the video, but I guess I can't be sure until I go on it myself. First impression, I miss the old ride.

BrerSam 12-01-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

For those interested, here is a POV video of the new version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghsehqzjhjk#

Personally, it "looks" really really nice. But they literally shoved technology down the throat of the old ride and do a terrible job of explaining each test. Also, the truck scene before the outdoor segment is still in, and makes absolutely no sense to me (much like the rest of it)... I'm unsure of this from watching the video, but I guess I can't be sure until I go on it myself. First impression, I miss the old ride.
I rode it today and this is exactly how i feel.

Disjunky 12-02-2012 08:00 AM

Wow. It looks disappointing. I liked the cheezy old tests better. Was not my favorite ride ever but this looks blah.

Radiorox 12-02-2012 03:26 PM

I'll have to wait until Jan/Feb to ride BUT, I like that Dis filled up the space INSIDE. Doesn't look like a warehouse and you can't see ahead to other "tests". Now this is not Test Track and should be renamed SimTrack or SimCourse. The look now coincides with Future World and I like some elements. Missing the hot and cold chambers. What about a ride photo?!

Tigger1966 12-02-2012 05:15 PM

Attractions magazine has a Kool side by side comparison on YouTube if anyone is interested.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.