The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   DVC Member Services (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Paying Dues ?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3021801)

Tigger2ntinkerbell 11-15-2012 11:06 AM

Paying Dues ??
 
I am making my first Dues payment online. It states that there maybe extra fees when my statement come out. It did not state online how much that fees would be. My CC does not change any fees that I no of,nor does my bank. Does DVC charge a fee??. Please let me know. TIA

dvcterry 11-15-2012 11:30 AM

I have made payments online and do not recall an additional fee. What I believe this may be in reference to is that the dues have not been assessed and statements have not been issued yet. What you see online may reflect differently once you receive your statement.

DebbieB 11-15-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigger2ntinkerbell (Post 46714594)
I am making my first Dues payment online. It states that there maybe extra fees when my statement come out. It did not state online how much that fees would be. My CC does not change any fees that I no of,nor does my bank. Does DVC charge a fee??. Please let me know. TIA

Are you paying for the rest of the year? Dues cannot be paid monthly by credit card, only through a direct debit checking/savings account.

Tigger2ntinkerbell 11-15-2012 05:28 PM

The account member that I talk to today said it would be alright to pay with my CC.
I am paying my Nov & Dec Dues for this year.
If I can only pay with my Bank debit/CC card, that's fine. Thanks for all your help:wave2:

DebbieB 11-15-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigger2ntinkerbell (Post 46717902)
The account member that I talk to today said it would be alright to pay with my CC.
I am paying my Nov & Dec Dues for this year.
If I can only pay with my Bank debit/CC card, that's fine. Thanks for all your help:wave2:

You can only use a credit card if you are paying the full amount for the rest of the year. So in January you can either pay in full by check or credit card or take the monthly debit from a bank account.

zavandor 11-16-2012 02:28 AM

Maybe they just advice you that in some condition, the credit card company may charge you extra fees.
For example, since I live in italy and my credit card balance is paid in euros, if I pay my dues with my credit card, I would pay an extra fee due to currency exchange.

AnnaS 11-16-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvcterry (Post 46714813)
I have made payments online and do not recall an additional fee. What I believe this may be in reference to is that the dues have not been assessed and statements have not been issued yet. What you see online may reflect differently once you receive your statement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zavandor (Post 46720792)
Maybe they just advice you that in some condition, the credit card company may charge you extra fees.
For example, since I live in italy and my credit card balance is paid in euros, if I pay my dues with my credit card, I would pay an extra fee due to currency exchange.

Probably one of the above.

I have always wanted to charge my car payment to accumulate rewards - but I also get the message that there could be a fee - when I asked the branch, they did not know, when I called the place where the payment was going, they did not know. I have yet to try to see if I am charged a fee. I should try it once to see............

AnnaS 11-16-2012 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieB (Post 46714990)
Are you paying for the rest of the year? Dues cannot be paid monthly by credit card, only through a direct debit checking/savings account.

This also -
Is it possible the OP just bought in and has not set it up monthly or lump sum?

dvcterry 11-16-2012 06:26 AM

True, dues cannot be set up to make monthly payments with credit card. It is set up with recurring payments to a checking account. We have some of ours set up this way. However, we have gone on to make an online payment to reduce the amount we owe. As well as called MS when I get a gift card. It would not change the monthly recurring payment up front. The last payments would be less, a prorated amount.

In reference to op's question, I don't recall ever being charged a fee to make a credit card payment.

DebbieB 11-16-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaS (Post 46720922)
This also -
Is it possible the OP just bought in and has not set it up monthly or lump sum?

He (she?) said they paid for November & December, which is the remaining balance for 2012 so they could use a credit card.

Tigger2ntinkerbell 11-16-2012 01:35 PM

I just wanted to let you all know, that I have just paid with my CC for my dues(Nov&Dec) for 2012.
I was able to do this because they don't have my account(Loan /Dues monthly debit) set up yet.
But everything is good to go:thumbsup2. Thanks everyone I could not have done it with out you ALL:grouphug:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.