The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Silly poll about Lucasfilm acquisition. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015409)

GrtWtNorth 10-31-2012 12:03 AM

Silly poll about Lucasfilm acquisition.

How do you think the Lucasfilm acquisition will impact the Disney Parks?

ExpatDisneyLover 10-31-2012 06:26 AM

Personally I would love an upgrade to the theme in Tomorrowland - right now screams "70's- 80's" you know Buck Rogers TV show and what not. I love what they did at Disneyland Paris with the Jules Verne theme/steam punk era. Maybe Star Wars could help out Tomorrowland at WDW! I'd love it!!!

Faldred 10-31-2012 07:31 AM

My $0.02: This isn't going to affect DAK or MK at all. Any Star Wars expansions will be in DHS -- it fits and the park can use the extra attractions.

Tinkerpeas hubby 10-31-2012 08:54 AM

It's not going to change anyhting, other than to expand the parks and open up additional attractions.

TPH

coloneldebugger 10-31-2012 09:00 AM

It certainly opens the doors to freshen up some elements of the parks. Depending on 70 year old princesses isn't a great business plan. It's strange to me how my kids love all the princesses and fairies, but they have no interest in watching the movies.

wiigirl 10-31-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerpeas hubby (Post 46593543)
It's not going to change anyhting, other than to expand the parks and open up additional attractions.

TPH

Well that and merchandising. :P

Tinkerpeas hubby 10-31-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiigirl (Post 46593620)
Well that and merchandising. :P

Every attraction must end in a gist shop! Muh ha ha ha

CentralFloridian99 10-31-2012 09:09 AM

I voted for replacing Pandora with Kashyyyk, The Cantina, and TDL (they get all the cool toys :sad1:)

nansmama 10-31-2012 01:05 PM

Blowing up the Death Star in the middle of the lagoon is probably the only thing that would get us to watch Illuminations again. :lmao:

consumermonkey 10-31-2012 02:34 PM

Given they already have a sort-of Endor in DHS, expansion of that has to be a sure thing??

Forget Carsland for DHS, how about speeder-bikes along the lines of the tron ride at ??tokyo?? Maybe a Millenium Falcon walk-thru?

Even better. have Jar-Jar sit atop the Death-Star-IllumiNations re-do, then he gets Killed Off EVERY NIGHT.:happytv:

DCTooTall 10-31-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExpatDisneyLover (Post 46592564)
Personally I would love an upgrade to the theme in Tomorrowland - right now screams "70's- 80's" you know Buck Rogers TV show and what not. I love what they did at Disneyland Paris with the Jules Verne theme/steam punk era. Maybe Star Wars could help out Tomorrowland at WDW! I'd love it!!!

The Original Florida Tomorrowland screamed 70's.... The redesign in the mid-90's actually worked for me with it's whole "Tomorrow that never was" theme....

...The problem is that since the mid-90's redesign, They've ripped out and replaced most of the attractions and other items which helped make the theme cohesive, or even explained. (Such as the Convention Center with the Timekeeper.... or the Chamber Of Commerce with it's exhibit featuring XS Tech... Or even the whole Metro Retro Society with it's presentation of the Carousel of Progress (Beyond the quick mention on the WEDWAY)

The Pixar-fication of Tomorrowland has helped, IMHO, to destroy any remnants of Tomorrow from Tomorrowland.

DRDISNEYMD 10-31-2012 04:50 PM

~Other....

~Where is the "Replace Fantasmic! with a brand new, exciting, action packed "Star Wars" themed show" option! That's my pick! :rotfl: :goodvibes

~Also, I think it is a fabulous idea for Avatar to be in AK & Star Wars to be expanded upon in DHS, there is no reason why Pandora would need to be "replaced". Star Wars is not a good fit for AK, the two franchises can coexist beautifully in each park, and I think it is a genius strategy. :goodvibes

Orreed 10-31-2012 10:09 PM

Replace Pandora and Avatar with Kashyyyk and Star Wars, and issue the press release. - Perfect! Plus add the Cantina there too. :):yoda:

Although this will most likely not happen, I think it would be ideal.

nansmama 10-31-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by consumermonkey (Post 46596559)
Even better. have Jar-Jar sit atop the Death-Star-IllumiNations re-do, then he gets Killed Off EVERY NIGHT.:happytv:

:thumbsup2 :rotfl:

disneyworld1977 11-01-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCTooTall (Post 46597179)
The Original Florida Tomorrowland screamed 70's.... The redesign in the mid-90's actually worked for me with it's whole "Tomorrow that never was" theme....

...The problem is that since the mid-90's redesign, They've ripped out and replaced most of the attractions and other items which helped make the theme cohesive, or even explained. (Such as the Convention Center with the Timekeeper.... or the Chamber Of Commerce with it's exhibit featuring XS Tech... Or even the whole Metro Retro Society with it's presentation of the Carousel of Progress (Beyond the quick mention on the WEDWAY)

The Pixar-fication of Tomorrowland has helped, IMHO, to destroy any remnants of Tomorrow from Tomorrowland.

I agree here for the most part so I don't agree with flooding Tomorrowland with Star Wars stuff. Now if they put a ride Star Wars related in there, maybe. They have Star Tours at DL in there. Related to your Pixar deal. I like the Monsters Laugh Floor but its not in the right spot. The best thing is to expand HS and make a Star Wars Land like they did with Cars at DCA. Have some rides, restaurants, and shows. Matches up great!