The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Christmas Shopping Thread!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014525)

jockey 10-29-2012 03:55 AM

Christmas Shopping Thread!!!
 
Hi Guys just wondering if its time to start the annual shopping thread? Any one sen the baileys on offer yet :dance3:!


here is a code for very.co.uk 2D4WA gets you 25 off a 40 spend

Tink1987 10-29-2012 04:29 AM

Never too early in my book ;-)


Sainsbury's had some good offers on the usual chocolate suspects, the Cadbury tins etc were only 4 instead of 12. Wondering if that may be store specific though because my MIL went to her local store and they were still 12 :( - why do they do that?!

As for the Baileys, I trying Aldi's alternative this year, everyone tells me it tastes exactly the same and a 700ml bottle is only 5!

paul_toria96 10-29-2012 04:53 AM

The Baileys equiv from Aldi is almost as good, but it's not the real thing :rotfl:

Asda is still on at 13, have you tried hotukdeals ? They have some good offers :thumbsup2

Tink1987 10-29-2012 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul_toria96
The Baileys equiv from Aldi is almost as good, but it's not the real thing :rotfl:

Asda is still on at 13, have you tried hotukdeals ? They have some good offers :thumbsup2

Ah thanks for that, I will stick to the real deal then ;)

jockey 10-29-2012 06:17 AM

I love hot uk deals its fab!!!! I too will stick with the real Baileys! I have almost finished my Christmas shopping! My DH was in San Fran last week and I had pre ordered everything and shipped it to his hotel!!! :thumbsup2

Ware Bears 10-29-2012 06:33 AM

Martini Asti Spumanti is down to 5 in Asda, also they have the 3 x chocolates for 10, some of the boxes were nearly 7 if bought separately.

Tink1987 10-29-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jockey
I love hot uk deals its fab!!!! I too will stick with the real Baileys! I have almost finished my Christmas shopping! My DH was in San Fran last week and I had pre ordered everything and shipped it to his hotel!!! :thumbsup2

That's lucky, you can find so much better stuff in the US! I spend a fortune each Christmas shipping stuff over and just hope customs don't stop the packages so I get no further charges!

jockey 10-29-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ware Bears (Post 46574094)
Martini Asti Spumanti is down to 5 in Asda, also they have the 3 x chocolates for 10, some of the boxes were nearly 7 if bought separately.


Great Bargains!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tink1987 (Post 46574143)
That's lucky, you can find so much better stuff in the US! I spend a fortune each Christmas shipping stuff over and just hope customs don't stop the packages so I get no further charges!

Oh I know..my DD loves american girl dolls and it costs me a fortune on shipping!

mandymouse 10-29-2012 08:20 AM

:santa: It's great to see the Christmas Shopping Thread back :santa:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ware Bears (Post 46574094)
Martini Asti Spumanti is down to 5 in Asda, also they have the 3 x chocolates for 10, some of the boxes were nearly 7 if bought separately.

The Martini Rose is a fiver too, I'll be getting myself some this week ::yes::

Tink1987 10-29-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandymouse
:santa: It's great to see the Christmas Shopping Thread back :santa:

The Martini Rose is a fiver too, I'll be getting myself some this week ::yes::

Oh thanks for that, need to get a couple of bottles of that! :)

Oh I just love Christmas, getting really excited now it is nearly November :)

Pinky166 10-29-2012 11:54 AM

I bought a 1L bottle of Orange Baileys at the weekend, 16 in Tesco's it's supposed to be for christmas but it's calling my name....i'm trying to ignore it. ;)

mandymouse 10-29-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinky166 (Post 46576631)
I bought a 1L bottle of Orange Baileys at the weekend, 16 in Tesco's it's supposed to be for christmas but it's calling my name....i'm trying to ignore it. ;)

I fancy a bottle of that too Claire, I bet it's delish ::yes::

jockey 10-30-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinky166 (Post 46576631)
I bought a 1L bottle of Orange Baileys at the weekend, 16 in Tesco's it's supposed to be for christmas but it's calling my name....i'm trying to ignore it. ;)

I would have drunk it by now it sounds delish!

tennisfan 10-31-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinky166 (Post 46576631)
I bought a 1L bottle of Orange Baileys at the weekend, 16 in Tesco's it's supposed to be for christmas but it's calling my name....i'm trying to ignore it. ;)

That is one Baileys I don't want to try:sick:

Tins of Celebrations, Heroes etc are 5 in Asda.

I'm actually looking forward to Christmas this year as i'm only working Christmas day and have Christmas eve & Boxing day off for once:thumbsup2

Ware Bears 10-31-2012 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisfan (Post 46592294)

I'm actually looking forward to Christmas this year as i'm only working Christmas day and have Christmas eve & Boxing day off for once:thumbsup2

Great news :thumbsup2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinky166 (Post 46576631)
I bought a 1L bottle of Orange Baileys at the weekend, 16 in Tesco's it's supposed to be for christmas but it's calling my name....i'm trying to ignore it. ;)

Have you weakened yet? :lmao:

I love the sound of this. I didn't even know Baileys did an orange flavour so I googled it and it looks like Tesco is the only supermarket who'll be stocking it. Three guesses where I'm off to tonight? :rotfl2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.