The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Purchasing DVC (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Please tell me I'm making a good deal?! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3011230)

Disney st8 of mind 10-21-2012 10:05 PM

Please tell me I'm making a good deal?!

A little background... we've been to Disney 7 time in the past 6 years. Have stayed in villas (on cash ressies) all but our first trip. Have stalked DVC for a couple years. Finally decided after our Aug 2012 trip to buy at VWL. We truly feel we need 400 pts for our circumstances but found a 200 pt with all 2012 pts banked and all pts available thereafter. We bid $55 per pt and they accepted it the same day! Now I'm wondering if it's too good to be true. I fully expected a counter offer. I just need a little reassurance from you experts that this sounds like a good deal. I thought it did based on what I've seen on the dis but as a first time buyer now I'm nervous!

amypetecar 10-21-2012 10:17 PM

Its a good price. Hardly any contracts from any property in prlando are going for less than $55 per point.... Not old key west, and not saratoga.

I just had an offer accepted for $55 per point for the boardwalk for 200 points a well. I would have bought at vwl for the same price if i ran across the opportunity.

Good luck. With rofr?,

Andrew015 10-21-2012 10:40 PM

DSOM: Congrats and welcome to the VWL family! I just purchased 150 points @ VWL late last year @ $50/point. That was my initial offer, and they did not counter either. Makes me wonder if I could have gone lower, but I haven't seen any VWL go for less than $50/point on the ROFR thread in its entire history. My contract wasn't "loaded" like yours, so I would say you did very well @ $55/point. I doubt you'll have any trouble passing ROFR. Best of luck to you!

cz4ever 10-21-2012 11:21 PM

Congratulations! :cool1::cool1::cool1: You got a very good deal, especially since VWL is fairly lightly traded. There have been better ones in the past, but yours compares very well to what you can see people having paid in the ROFR thread.

It just goes to show that sometimes, what you consider a low-ball bid intended to smoke out a reasonable counter can end up being a great deal for you!

I would not worry about ROFR. I had a 400-pt VWL pass ROFR at $55/pt recently with more points included, so I'd be very surprised to see them take yours back. The only downside is you'll likely need to wait 30 days before Disney bothers to tell you that they're passing.

Welcome to VWL!

edk35 10-22-2012 10:11 AM

You got a GREAT DEAl. We bought two VWL contracts last year... a 50 pt. and a 100 pt. I can't remember right off the top of my head what they were per point BUT THEY WERE NOT 55. :) GOOD JOB!!!!

rock_doctor 10-22-2012 11:33 AM

Most people do not have disposable money and there are a huge number of contracts for sale. It is a buyers market and you saw the benefits. We just bought at BLT for $86 a point...direct is $165 a point... You did well and you are not missing anything. They just needed to sell. Enjoy and Welcome Home. :cool1: You now have two months of waiting...

Msmithmd 10-22-2012 12:10 PM

You will be fine. My VWL 300 point at $55 with 150 banked '11 and all '12 and forward, went through without a hitch a couple weeks ago. I'm closing tomorrow. In fact the ROFR thread says zero VWL have gotten snagged all this year. So I will all but guarantee you that you will own VWL in a couple months. Congrats!

DougEMG 10-22-2012 01:45 PM

That was a good deal for VWL. It should also pass ROFR without any problem. Congratulations.

Shazzasmd 11-02-2012 03:24 PM

I think it's a great deal. We bought a 160pt loaded VWL contract at asking price - $65/pt (just wanted it done :) ), and have no regrets. Compare to direct prices and the savings are still great even if you don't get the lowest possible price. Each deal will be different, based on what's available at the time you decide to buy.

Disney st8 of mind 11-06-2012 10:08 AM

Thanks for all your positive replies. I am really excited about our contract, I think I just freaked out for a minute as a first timer and needed a little reassurance. We're at 15 days and counting in ROFR!

AJA 11-06-2012 10:12 AM

I also think you made a great deal for a loaded contract. VWL is gorgeous, congrats on your deal and good luck passing ROFR!