The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Welcome to the DIS (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Out of planning ideas (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2995803)

Koneil78 09-20-2012 05:07 PM

Out of planning ideas
 
This might sound silly,but half the fun, for me, is planning the trip. I have our trip planned and itinerized (word?) down to the letter. We are 7 days out and I need something to keep the anticipation going.

Suzanne033 09-20-2012 05:14 PM

Are you going with kids? I always use the last week or so to get my daughter really excited. For dinner I make things like Mickey Meatloaf, 'Minnie' meatballs and spaghetti, and Goofy Gumbo. When my DD was younger, I used to send letters to her from characters she liked. That really ramped up the excitement.

Koneil78 09-20-2012 05:38 PM

.
 
Yes. We are taking our five year old daughter. I like the letters from the characters idea. That's a fantastic idea.

Suzanne033 09-20-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koneil78 (Post 46219552)
Yes. We are taking our five year old daughter. I like the letters from the characters idea. That's a fantastic idea.

My daughter was a huge fan of the Princesses so I sent her letters from all the Princesses we would see at the Princess breakfast. I even went so far as to have my friends actually write the letter so that my daughter wouldn't recognize my handwritting.

CopperWife 09-20-2012 06:13 PM

We have themed movie nights at our house as part of our Disney countdown. Granted, we do them weekly, but you could still do them :) We normally pick a movie and have themed snacks to go with them. On the night we watched Alice in Wonderland, we had tea (juice for the kids) and an assortment of cookies. My youngest wore in Alice dress, too. Another night we watched 101 Dalmatians - we had hot dogs for dinner and for snacks we had Scooby snacks (bone shaped graham crackers) and "pup-corn." Lol. Sometimes the snacks were a bit of a stretch, but the kids enjoyed it!

Have fun!

ToddyLu 09-20-2012 09:43 PM

:hyper: I make luggage tags for the trip. This year will be a Halloween theme. I have also gotten int he habit of marking the days off on my calendar at work. Have a great trip.

Koneil78 09-22-2012 06:39 PM

Thanks everyone for the tips. You guys are so nice on this board.

Metro West 09-23-2012 11:26 AM

Welcome!

rabell 09-27-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CopperWife
We have themed movie nights at our house as part of our Disney countdown. Granted, we do them weekly, but you could still do them :) We normally pick a movie and have themed snacks to go with them. On the night we watched Alice in Wonderland, we had tea (juice for the kids) and an assortment of cookies. My youngest wore in Alice dress, too. Another night we watched 101 Dalmatians - we had hot dogs for dinner and for snacks we had Scooby snacks (bone shaped graham crackers) and "pup-corn." Lol. Sometimes the snacks were a bit of a stretch, but the kids enjoyed it!

Have fun!

Cute idea!! Our trip isn't until next May, but I have to start that. That's also a great way for my four year old to see all of the classics before we go again so he will recognize all the characters. Thanks for sharing!

Grandmouse 10-12-2012 07:25 AM

Check out this thread in the Disney for Families forum:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post41692965

It's a huge thread with tons of great pics of at home Disney theme nights

jesswindsor 10-15-2012 06:22 PM

Welcome!!!

gracer9977 11-05-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzanne033 (Post 46219571)
My daughter was a huge fan of the Princesses so I sent her letters from all the Princesses we would see at the Princess breakfast. I even went so far as to have my friends actually write the letter so that my daughter wouldn't recognize my handwritting.

There's actually a huge thread on these boards called Fairy Godmailer. It's such a great idea and so much fun. Basically you go on the thread and say you are looking for a fairy godmailer and you say how many children are going, when you are going and what their favorite characters are. Someone on the thread will pick you and while they are in Disney World they will pick out post cards and write to your children on post cards from Disney and they get mailed from Disney World so it really looks like you are getting the postcard from a character at Disney. It's a pay it forward deal. Your children get post cards from someone at the parks and then when you are getting ready for your trip you pick up a family and while you are at the parks you write to their children. It's so much fun. My children received postcards before our last 2 trips and I always pick up about 8-10 children to mail off while I am at Disney. I love knowing that some child is getting my postcard from Disney World and that they are getting excited for their own trip. It's such a fun way to add to the magic!! pixiedust:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.