The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   First CARS @ AoA-Now CARS LAND @ DHS!? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2983971)

WEDWDW 08-29-2012 07:23 AM

First CARS @ AoA-Now CARS LAND @ DHS!?
 
wdwmagic has the most "confidant" report today I have seen on this "possibility" in the last few months.:)

OF COURSE,only time will tell.:)

"It has been speculated about for a couple of years now, but sources familiar with the situation tell us that the massively successful $200 million Cars Land from Disney's California Adventure will indeed be heading to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Speculation points to the 'Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show' area as the location, with Cars Land taking over that entire space.



Adding further weight to the talk of Cars Land heading east is the fact that veteran Imagineer Kathy Magnum has recently relocated to Florida. Kathy spent the last few years in California overseeing the Cars Land project there. Nothing has been announced by Disney at this point, so as always, this information should be treated as speculation and is subject to change."

notnothin 08-29-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WEDWDW (Post 45982142)
wdwmagic has the most "confidant" report today I have seen on this "possibility" in the last few months.:)

OF COURSE,only time will tell.:)

"It has been speculated about for a couple of years now, but sources familiar with the situation tell us that the massively successful $200 million Cars Land from Disney's California Adventure will indeed be heading to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Speculation points to the 'Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show' area as the location, with Cars Land taking over that entire space.



Adding further weight to the talk of Cars Land heading east is the fact that veteran Imagineer Kathy Magnum has recently relocated to Florida. Kathy spent the last few years in California overseeing the Cars Land project there. Nothing has been announced by Disney at this point, so as always, this information should be treated as speculation and is subject to change."

OP on that thread is very much in the know. I think this pretty much confirms it.

Phatoomch 08-29-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WEDWDW (Post 45982142)
wdwmagic has the most "confidant" report today I have seen on this "possibility" in the last few months.:)

OF COURSE,only time will tell.:)

"It has been speculated about for a couple of years now, but sources familiar with the situation tell us that the massively successful $200 million Cars Land from Disney's California Adventure will indeed be heading to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Speculation points to the 'Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show' area as the location, with Cars Land taking over that entire space.



Adding further weight to the talk of Cars Land heading east is the fact that veteran Imagineer Kathy Magnum has recently relocated to Florida. Kathy spent the last few years in California overseeing the Cars Land project there. Nothing has been announced by Disney at this point, so as always, this information should be treated as speculation and is subject to change."

There was a huge thread about this a few weeks back, it was very interesting. I will try and dig it out :)

Phatoomch 08-29-2012 08:02 AM

DHS Expansion

:)

Cherinva 08-29-2012 08:04 AM

I think it would be wonderful.....considering that I really dislike the Lights Motors Action show.....

BridgetBordeaux 08-29-2012 08:06 AM

If this pans out, it will save me a trip over to the west coast!

JimmyV 08-29-2012 08:28 AM

The transition of that area into Cars Land is so obvious and logical, it is a wonder how this even remains a "rumor". It simply has to happen.

DAZY3BYZ 08-29-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phatoomch (Post 45982526)

Thank you for this link. DHS is so desperately in need of a major overhaul and if all this were to come true..that's a BIG "if" I know...it would be amazing and just what DHS needs!!

bryon 08-29-2012 09:20 AM

I just got back from a California trip and experienced cars Land and the top attraction Radiator Springs Racers.....Visually the land was amazing.

I question though if they would bring Radiator Springs Racers to Florida since the attraction's technology is just like Test Track. I may be in the minority, but I like the ride of test Track better (but I did like the visual aspect of Radiator Springs better)

Makes me believe that if they brought Cars Land to Florida they may have a new/different main attraction.....but that is just a guess.

Same reason why the Indiana Jones ride at DisneyLand probably hasn't come to Disney World....The ride would be similar to Dinosaur.

rabbitroger 08-29-2012 09:22 AM

I will be surprised, not because DHS doesn't need some love, becuase it clearly does.

But Cars Land is the only big hitter DCA has to offer, if Cars land is duplicated then why would anybody bother going to DCA?

newdeal 08-29-2012 09:33 AM

They have plenty of room to add it without dropping lights motors action. I dont like that show but if they change it to cars lamd how will it affect the backlot tour

Daisy-J&D 08-29-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryon (Post 45983333)
I question though if they would bring Radiator Springs Racers to Florida since the attraction's technology is just like Test Track. I may be in the minority, but I like the ride of test Track better (but I did like the visual aspect of Radiator Springs better)

Makes me believe that if they brought Cars Land to Florida they may have a new/different main attraction.....but that is just a guess.

I'm wondering the same exact same thing. We have Test Track so would they really bring Radiator Springs Racers to WDW?

JimmyV 08-29-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryon (Post 45983333)
I question though if they would bring Radiator Springs Racers to Florida since the attraction's technology is just like Test Track... Makes me believe that if they brought Cars Land to Florida they may have a new/different main attraction.....but that is just a guess.

A great point. I watched the Dis Podcast Video of the Point of View tour of Radiator Springs, and it did appear to be too similar to Test Track to warrant replicating at WDW. So something else might be needed.

darkwingeeyore 08-29-2012 09:41 AM

I'd be so disappointed. Oh well. I'd like for them to bring the Racers over, but not the whole land. I'll wait for confirmation before getting really upset though.

WEDWDW 08-29-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phatoomch (Post 45982502)
There was a huge thread about this a few weeks back, it was very interesting. I will try and dig it out :)

Yes,I got so excited when that report from wdwnewstoday came out!:)

In today's report,the "confidence level" seems to really have "ramped up" since the first report.:)

I really HOPE it happens and I really "THINK" it will!:)

(EDIT-The first report was from WDWNEWSWTODAY!Sorry!-I always get wdwnewstoday and wdwmagic "mixed up"!:))


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.