The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Have you gone to Cinderella's Royal Table without kids? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979970)

Magpie 08-21-2012 08:04 PM

Have you gone to Cinderella's Royal Table without kids?

I'm curious what your experience was like at Cinderella's Royal Table. What was it like eating there without kids? Did you get attention from the princesses? Anything special?

I couldn't get into BOG so I booked CRT for my husband and me. I'm hoping he'll enjoy it!

herb102211 08-22-2012 09:55 AM

DH and I have been to CRT twice (no kids!) In fact, there were quite a few couples eating there with no children.

We went last year on our honeymoon and really liked it, so we went back again this spring. The food was great. The princesses were striking up quite the conversations with DH and they took pictures with both of us as well. Enjoy!

Magpie 08-22-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herb102211 (Post 45905568)
DH and I have been to CRT twice (no kids!) In fact, there were quite a few couples eating there with no children.

We went last year on our honeymoon and really liked it, so we went back again this spring. The food was great. The princesses were striking up quite the conversations with DH and they took pictures with both of us as well. Enjoy!

Oh, that's good to know. I'm glad we won't be the only ones there without kids!

I even managed to convince my husband to let me put an anniversary celebration on the reservation for us. :thumbsup2

herb102211 08-22-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magpie (Post 45906711)
Oh, that's good to know. I'm glad we won't be the only ones there without kids!

I even managed to convince my husband to let me put an anniversary celebration on the reservation for us. :thumbsup2

That's great! You'll have a wonderful time. For our HM we had seats right by the window.

Magpie 08-22-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herb102211 (Post 45906758)
That's great! You'll have a wonderful time. For our HM we had seats right by the window.

Did you request window seats when you arrived for your reservation?

herb102211 08-22-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magpie (Post 45907241)
Did you request window seats when you arrived for your reservation?

Nope, they just gave them to us :) It was definitely a nice surprise!

DCTooTall 08-22-2012 01:58 PM

I've eaten at CRT twice in the past few years with just me and another person. Both times the experience was quite enjoyable and we didn't feel the slightest bit odd about being kid-less.

I also lucked out and got window seats on both trips [without requesting a window seat]. It helps that at least one of the times the table was a 2-top, so it made sense for them to place our party of 2 at that table.

Magpie 08-22-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCTooTall (Post 45908441)
I've eaten at CRT twice in the past few years with just me and another person. Both times the experience was quite enjoyable and we didn't feel the slightest bit odd about being kid-less.

I also lucked out and got window seats on both trips [without requesting a window seat]. It helps that at least one of the times the table was a 2-top, so it made sense for them to place our party of 2 at that table.

Awesome! I'll just keep my fingers crossed then.

Pooh2 08-22-2012 07:32 PM

We went just the two of us on our 25th anniversary trip and got the best seat in the house overlooking fantasyland. We went at supper time, the mice came around to each table including ours.

Food was good but we felt very rushed by the waitress. They def want to move parties in and out quickly for the next seating! Glad we got to do this once but hubby said he would not want to do it again unless we are someday blessed with little grandprincesses!

RichieTruxillo 08-22-2012 10:37 PM

When you go as a couple early on in the evening, they usually give ya the best seat in the house ;) We've done it twice. They do kinda rush you along though.

socalduo 08-22-2012 10:40 PM

Glad to have found this thread. Me and my soon to be DW are doing CRT on Monday night with no kids.

Magpie 08-23-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieTruxillo (Post 45913388)
When you go as a couple early on in the evening, they usually give ya the best seat in the house ;) We've done it twice. They do kinda rush you along though.

That should be fine - my husband and I are fairly speedy eaters, at the best of times. And by 2:30pm (we've got a late lunch seating), he's going to be starving.

Only a hundred days to our vacation... :cool1:

anhower 08-23-2012 06:51 AM

DH and I are eating here for breakfast on our last day, I figured it would be a great way to finish off our vacation and it'll give us one last chance to see the castle. But I have a feeling there will be tears as we head back to the hotel to gather our things and hop on the ME..... :worried:

Sadie22 08-26-2012 04:34 PM

DH and I ate Sunday morning breakfast there on a trip in July a couple years ago. We got some photos of an empty Main Street. You can't see all that much from a window seat in the castle. There was plenty of food and attention from the wait staff, but we did not feel rushed. There were three princesses in attendance. They made a fuss over DH and we got pictures of each with each of us with our camera. DH still remembers what they said to him. He tried to leave his sword behind in the restaurant, but I picked it up. I carried my wand and his sword downstairs and then we went into a nearby gift shop, a CM offered me a bag big enough to carry them and the photo package from the breakfast.

stitchywoman 09-05-2012 01:04 AM

I have been twice...Neither time with children. We enjoyed it, but made sure to specifically ask for the wishing stars and wands and swords...they almost didn't give them to us! It is fun though. Don't worry, tons of people don't take kids. And the pictures with Cinderella turned out cute too!