The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports and Plans (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Disneymoon PTR: Nov 9-Nov 22! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2966755)

potc 07-29-2012 01:29 PM

Disneymoon PTR: Nov 9-Nov 22!
 
This is my first attempt at a PTR so be kind please :littleangel:
Our trip is still 3 months, week and 4 days away! But I’m thoroughly enjoying the planning stages! I’m also in the middle of planning for my wedding, too! We are getting married November 3!

Let me introduce ourselves:

:groom: Disney Fiancé: 36 years old. This is his first time to Disney World and really one of his first real vacations ever! He is not a planner at all and does not really understand my fascination with planning. But he is very excited for our trip! DF is an assistant manager at price chopper full-time and a cook at Texas Roadhouse part-time! This is actually where we met. Texas Roadhouse was my first job. We’ve now been together 7 years!

:bride: Me: 24 years old. I have been to Disney many times with my family, but this is my first time planning a trip myself! A little overwhelming at times :scared: But I’ve found that I love planning a lot more than I thought I would. Plus DF doesn’t do any of the planning so I get to make all of the decisions ;) Though, I do run some stuff by him. I am a Junior Chemical Engineer in R&D for an industrial and architectural paint company. I’ve been there for a little over a year, ever since I graduated from KU with a degree in Chemical Engineering in May 2011. We’ve pretty much been saving up for our Disneymoon since I started my job!
Let me just say that my love of Disney runs in the family! My Dad and my brother are Disney' fanatics, too!

My Favorites...
Disney Park: MK & DHS
Animated Disney Movie: Lion King
Non-Animated Disney Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean
Rides: Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Rockin' Roller Coaster
Show: Indiana Jones & Fantasmic!
Table Service Restaurant: 50's Prime Time Cafe & Sci-Fi Dine In Theater
Resort: Contemporary
Snack: Funnel Cake!

Both of us work for great companies and had no problem getting the dates we wanted for vacation time!

When: Friday Nov 9 – Saturday Nov 17 @ Caribbean Beach Resort with Free Dining!
http://img1.priceline.com/pcln/sale/...ach_Resort.jpg

And we are staying in the Pirates room! Did I mention that I love Pirates of the Caribbean! And well anything related to Johnny Depp ;)
http://mainstreettravelco.com/blog/w...8/pirates1.jpg

Then moving over to Universal! Saturday Nov 18 – Thursday Nov 22 @ Loew’s Royal Pacific Resort!
http://hotels.uptake.com/blog/files/...al-studios.jpg

We had originally been booked in the Little Mermaid suite at AoA, but with free dining we were able to upgrade to CBR for around $150 more! Yay!
I’ve stayed at Disney’s Polynesian and Contemporary resorts many times with my family, but never in a moderate resort. I’m hoping it is not a huge letdown. But it is all we can afford at this time. I’m sure when I go back with my family in the next couple years I will be back to the one of the Deluxe resorts so no worries. Last time I went to Disney was a few years ago and we went end of May/beginning of June and it was so hot! I’m definitely looking forward to enjoying November weather at Disney! About ten years ago we traveled to Disney when they had Christmas decorations up, but I do not really remember it! So I am definitely looking forward to seeing the parks decked out in Christmas decorations! And really looking forward to the Osborne Festival of Lights.

At Universal, I’ve only stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel, which I loved! But we want to try something new and the RPR resort looks nice, too.

We are driving to Orlando from Kansas (21 hours roughly)! We plan to leave Wednesday 11/7 after work around 4PM then drive about 8 hours. We are stopping at Lambert’s in Springfield, MO for dinner. (Love this place). Then Thursday 11/8 we plan to drive until we are about an hour or so out from Orlando. Then on Friday 11/9 we will only have to drive about an hour to arrive at Disney World!

I will go into more details closer to the date! Hope you all enjoy my first PTR. I’ll try not to bore you too much!

mommys3 07-29-2012 03:02 PM

Wow...WDW AND Universal??!! I'm in :thumbsup2

potc 07-29-2012 03:05 PM

Yay! My first reader! Thanks :cool1:

frankieeyre 07-29-2012 04:34 PM

I'm in!! Excited that you are going to WDW and Universal! :)
Hope you have an amazing time! Can't wait to read more!

Plum85 07-29-2012 05:11 PM

Count me in!

pas130 07-29-2012 05:15 PM

I'm here!!!!!:flower3:

BTW we stayed at RPR in May. It was FANTASTIC!!!! My family LOVED it! Like wants to go back there more than anywhere else we stayed LOVED it!:goodvibes

WDW will ALWAYS be #1 with me :flower3:

potc 07-29-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankieeyre (Post 45648955)
I'm in!! Excited that you are going to WDW and Universal! :)
Hope you have an amazing time! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! I'm excited we are doing both, too! Hopefully we aren't completely exhausted by the end ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plum85 (Post 45649357)
Count me in!

Yay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pas130 (Post 45649396)
I'm here!!!!!:flower3:

BTW we stayed at RPR in May. It was FANTASTIC!!!! My family LOVED it! Like wants to go back there more than anywhere else we stayed LOVED it!:goodvibes

WDW will ALWAYS be #1 with me :flower3:

I'm glad to hear someone else loved RPR! I was worried for awhile that it wouldn't measure up to Hard Rock Hotel. But I'm getting excited after hearing so many great reviews!

WDW will always be #1 with me, too! :smickey: But I do love Universal! I also think my DF will be able to relate to Universal better than Disney. But I know he is going to love both!

pas130 07-29-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potc (Post 45649906)
I'm glad to hear someone else loved RPR! I was worried for awhile that it wouldn't measure up to Hard Rock Hotel. But I'm getting excited after hearing so many great reviews!

WDW will always be #1 with me, too! :smickey: But I do love Universal! I also think my DF will be able to relate to Universal better than Disney. But I know he is going to love both!

Our 1st US onsite stay was PBH, we received an upgrade to 2 wonderful rooms!!! This trip we did RPR, and then HRH CL, we all agreed the ambience at RPR was our favorite!!!! We liked HRH, and LOVED the pool and butterfly garden, but the tropical theme at RPR was great! And since you can pool hop at Universal...ALL GOOD!!!:thumbsup2

potc 07-29-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pas130 (Post 45649983)
Our 1st US onsite stay was PBH, we received an upgrade to 2 wonderful rooms!!! This trip we did RPR, and then HRH CL, we all agreed the ambience at RPR was our favorite!!!! We liked HRH, and LOVED the pool and butterfly garden, but the tropical theme at RPR was great! And since you can pool hop at Universal...ALL GOOD!!!:thumbsup2

Great! I didn't know you could pool hop! I thought it was strictly forbidden like at Disney!

My DF will be excited about that! Our 2 scheduled pool days are all for him :)

pas130 07-29-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potc (Post 45650345)
Great! I didn't know you could pool hop! I thought it was strictly forbidden like at Disney!

My DF will be excited about that! Our 2 scheduled pool days are all for him :)

All 3 pools are fantastic..JMHO :goodvibes RPR doesn't have a slide, but is amazing nonetheless!

potc 07-30-2012 05:08 PM

ADRs
 
Thanks again to everyone who has joined in!

I’ve already made all of our ADRs (though they changed many times before I settled on these!) I have eaten at most of the these restaurants before with my family, but there are a couple new places that I'm excited to try! DF, of course, has never tried any of them :)

Here they are:

Friday 11/9: Planet Hollywood @ 6:30PM
- I know it doesn’t have the best reviews and I have been there many times and know the food isn’t wonderful, but I love the atmosphere! And since DF has never been there, I want him to experience it!
http://www.chooseyourevent.com/image...any/3867_1.jpg

Saturday 11/10: Whispering Canyon Café @ 6:15PM
- I have never been here, or Whispering Canyon Lodge for that matter! We both love BBQ so this restaurant was a no brainer. Plus even if we aren’t going to have a lot of time to check out the resort, at least we will get to see it up close for a few minutes while we wait for our reservation.
http://wdw2.wdpromedia.com/media/wdw...12-11T15:50:51

Sunday 11/11: Crystal Palace @ 5:15PM
-I love Winnie the Pooh so I’m very excited for this ADR!
[IMG]http://www.********************/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/IMG_3131.jpg[/IMG]

Monday 11/12: 50’s Prime Time Café @ 11:00AM
-This is one of my favorite restaurants. I’m excited for my DF to experience it.
http://www.carriewithchildren.com/wp...-Pot-Roast.jpg

Monday 11/12: Sci-Fi Diner @ 8:05PM
-Also one of my favorite restaurants! And I’m excited for my DF to experience it, too!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...5460_cover.jpg

Wednesday 11/14: Liberty Tree Tavern @ 11:45PM
- I have never been here for lunch, but the food looks delicious!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ew6AOEXVd4...ern+Entree.JPG

Thursday 11/15: San Angel Inn @ 5:15PM
-We may decide to eat here instead of LTT on Wednesday. DF is Mexican and loves Mexican food. I do not, though! Plus I’ve heard some not so great reviews for this restaurant! Very crowded…
http://wdw1.wdpromedia.com/media/wdw...04-26T12:06:32

Friday 11/16: Chef Mickey’s @ 11:20PM
-Always have a great time here! I hope breakfast is still good this late in the morning ;)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5006/...e8dc3d3eb2.jpg

Friday 11/16: The Garden Grill @ 7:15PM
-Love this restaurant for its atmosphere and the characters!
http://albums.mouseplanet.com/guideicons/BDA403.jpg

Like I said, these were already changed multiple times. However, these are FINAL! At least I really, really hope so!

Now all I need to do is call Disney and have them make a note that it is our honeymoon for each ADR! Also, I mentioned earlier, but we do have FREE DINING :cool1:!

On a later post I will discuss where we plan to eat for our CS meals!

Just a note: I wish Disney could fix their problem they are having with the online dining reservations :wizard:! It would be nice to view the reservations I’ve made online!

mommys3 07-30-2012 05:24 PM

Love your dining choices! It's been a while since we ate at PH...but man do I love their chicken crunch strips :love: I totally know what you mean about online reservations...it's driving me batty. One day my ADRs are there, the next they are gone! I need to remember to write down the confirmation numbers before they really do disappear :scared1:

potc 07-30-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommys3 (Post 45661081)
Love your dining choices! It's been a while since we ate at PH...but man do I love their chicken crunch strips :love: I totally know what you mean about online reservations...it's driving me batty. One day my ADRs are there, the next they are gone! I need to remember to write down the confirmation numbers before they really do disappear :scared1:

I have this irrational (hopefully not rational :confused:!) fear that they will disappear forever and there will be no record of them when I call!

saintstickets 07-30-2012 08:31 PM

Usually more of a lurker than a poster on the DISboards but had to chime in when I saw you were eating here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by potc (Post 45660917)
Saturday 11/10: Whispering Canyon Café @ 6:15PM
- I have never been here, or Whispering Canyon Lodge for that matter! We both love BBQ so this restaurant was a no brainer. Plus even if we aren’t going to have a lot of time to check out the resort, at least we will get to see it up close for a few minutes while we wait for our reservation.
http://wdw2.wdpromedia.com/media/wdw...12-11T15:50:51

We ate at WCC twice (breakfast & lunch) while staying at VWL this past May and we loved it. The CM's are great with their sarcastic wit and the more you enjoy it and play along, the more fun it is. BTW, be sure and ask for ketchup! ;)

librarymouse 07-30-2012 09:59 PM

Sounds like a great plan! My husband and I had our disneymoon around the same time 3 years ago. We got married Nov. 1 (2009) and were in Disney Nov. 2-8. It is SO nice that time of year!! The weather was great and the crowds are low! Plus the Christmas stuff is SO much fun, and the CMs really make you feel special when honeymooning! Be sure to get your just married buttons so you get all the extra pixie dust!

Fall is a great time to bring a first timer too, because they won't be overwhelmed with crowds!

I think Planet Hollywood is fun too, last time we were there I got the fried lasagna (I think that's what it was called) and it was great!

Subbing! :-)

-Nicole


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.