The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Update on Military Discounts (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2948136)

NoOrdinaryPrincess 06-25-2012 01:16 PM

Update on Military Discounts

I assume not, but has anyone heard an update on the military discounts after 9/30?

Jutori 06-25-2012 02:22 PM

Ive been wondering too.. weren't they announced around this time last year?

shburks 06-25-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jutori (Post 45285830)
Ive been wondering too.. weren't they announced around this time last year?

They announced the EXTENSION of the previous one (2011 into 2012) about this time but I think the initial announcement (the one that started in Oct 2011) came very late...like really close to October!

I'm hoping for a new deal, too! LOVE these military deals.

kirrrby 06-26-2012 10:04 AM

I can almost bet that it will be extended again since Anheuser Busch parks (Busch Gardens, Sea World, etc) have announced the Here's to the Heroes promotion is extending into 2013 too. I think Disney wouldn't want to lose the military crowd.

DisGirl819 06-26-2012 12:53 PM

I am waiting to find out but I'd love for them to extend it or come out with a new deal!

PrincessSuzanne 06-26-2012 01:00 PM

I'm waiting so I can plan for February 2013. Last I "heard" was an article in the Army Times several weeks ago that nothing had been decided, basically what we already know. They felt that because we are no longer in the war, there would be no extension or new promotions, but they are waiting on Disney.

Amy Stew 06-26-2012 09:44 PM

I called today and booked out 5th anniversary trip for 10 nights.
I then had to call ticketing because DH and I are FL residents, but when he got home from Korea in order to get his line badge here in SD he HAD to get a SD drivers license.
The lady flat out told me it's going to happen and we can get the military and not fiddle with the FL resident business. She couldn't SAY, but she was saying not to worry.

NoOrdinaryPrincess 06-26-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Stew (Post 45301612)
I called today and booked out 5th anniversary trip for 10 nights.
I then had to call ticketing because DH and I are FL residents, but when he got home from Korea in order to get his line badge here in SD he HAD to get a SD drivers license.
The lady flat out told me it's going to happen and we can get the military and not fiddle with the FL resident business. She couldn't SAY, but she was saying not to worry.

What dates were you looking at?

Cheshire Figment 06-27-2012 04:42 AM

Any information several months in advance concerning tickets not announced from a reservations clerk is as accurate as their telling people they cannot enter MK until 7:00 with a MNSSHP or MVMCP ticket or that you cannot pick up package tickets in advance.

megandbrooke 06-29-2012 10:13 PM

I was wondering the same thing. We will be going in October. Two years ago we went in October and stayed at Shades of Green. The park tickets and rooms were not discounted after Sept 30 but as we were there (and after we purchased our tickets) they extended the program. I really hope it comes out sooner than that.

mattsdragon 06-30-2012 08:42 AM

We're going in October too, I'm holding off hope that they announce something in early September.

crostorfer 06-30-2012 11:45 AM

I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that *IF* they announce a 2013 discount it won't be until after Christmas and closer to the first of the year. Why, you ask? One word: Fantasyland. With no definite date set for the opening of the FLE and all of the hullabaloo surrounding it, just the promise that it will be up and running for the "holiday season", people will be coming to the park in droves in November and December. The purpose of the military discounts is all fiscal. If they don't have a need to give a discount, which this late fall/winter they don't considering people will come on their own to see the new area, they won't.

The Halloween parties + Food and Wine+ the Christmas parties + FLE+ no completed Harry Potter expansion until 2014= No military ticket discount announcement until the new year. Of course, that's my opinion, but I think it's a fairly safe bet.

Cameo 07-02-2012 12:24 PM

Based on the fact that they just started the new ad campaign about hiring veterans, don't you think that would go hand-in-hand with offering the military discounts?

PrincessSuzanne 07-02-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cameo (Post 45351375)
Based on the fact that they just started the new ad campaign about hiring veterans, don't you think that would go hand-in-hand with offering the military discounts?

I don't know about that, but I don't think they would hold off until the end of the year. Their fiscal year end is 9/30/2012 and it's usually around that time frame or just after that the announcement is usually made.

They also offered a discount on MNSSHP and MVMCP, so I would think they would extend it based on that, but only Disney knows

We are going to use our last set of tickets at the beginning of Sept and a room only discount, just in case.

crostorfer 07-02-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne (Post 45351708)
I don't know about that, but I don't think they would hold off until the end of the year. Their fiscal year end is 9/30/2012 and it's usually around that time frame or just after that the announcement is usually made.

They also offered a discount on MNSSHP and MVMCP, so I would think they would extend it based on that, but only Disney knows

We are going to use our last set of tickets at the beginning of Sept and a room only discount, just in case.

Us too. My husband wanted to wait until around Christmas, but I'm not taking my chances. We have three tickets left to use and a 40% discount, by goodness we're going to use them while the gettin' is good.