The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Are you planning to come to the New England Meet?!? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2942692)

TSWJan78 06-14-2012 05:10 PM

Are you planning to come to the New England Meet?!?

Hi everyone,

We will be able to announce the finalized details of the New England meet next week but we need your opinions so we can firm up a few things. Please take a moment to fill out this survey!!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/75NRY69

Thanks
Tara

BobbinWeez 06-16-2012 08:07 AM

Filled mine out!

disney4dan 06-16-2012 08:28 AM

Filled mine out - I think this would be a great weekend getaway trip for us!

Thunder Monkey 06-16-2012 09:29 AM

Filled it out

I wrote this in the survey but want to add it here just in case it gets over looked in all the planning chaos lol
unfortunately all the places that were suggested other than the Big E are too small for the amount of people that will undoubtedly attend the event (being from western mass i know this pretty well especially yankee candle seeing as i work for them)

my suggestions would be look park, its big and has enough room for kids to run around and has places to bar-b-q
another place would be six flags they have areas in the back of the amusement park for large venues

just a couple of ideas looking forward to this meet seeing as i missed the last because of work.

TSWJan78 06-16-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder Monkey (Post 45198675)
Filled it out

I wrote this in the survey but want to add it here just in case it gets over looked in all the planning chaos lol
unfortunately all the places that were suggested other than the Big E are too small for the amount of people that will undoubtedly attend the event (being from western mass i know this pretty well especially yankee candle seeing as i work for them)

my suggestions would be look park, its big and has enough room for kids to run around and has places to bar-b-q
another place would be six flags they have areas in the back of the amusement park for large venues

just a couple of ideas looking forward to this meet seeing as i missed the last because of work.

Thank James. We have a restaurant booked for Friday and a hall booked for Sunday. Saturday we are looking to offer 2 events, the Big E and a cluster of other landmarks. This will be a smaller group as 80% of people are looking forward to attending the Big E. Looking forward to working with you & your wife (has that sunk in yet?) on the planning.

disney4dan 06-17-2012 07:15 AM

Knowing that the area can get crowded around the dates of the Big E, I was wondering if the Sheraton was offering any group discounts?

We are about an hour away and are debating whether to stay local or drive.

TSWJan78 06-17-2012 10:05 AM

Yes.. There is discounted rate for both Friday and Saturday night. We have a block of 25 rooms for each night. Hotel & Event Registation should open later this week!!!

JoeG 06-21-2012 08:28 PM

So when do we need to start booking things?!?! Or is it too early?!? This will be a great way to end the summer .....

EDuke98080 06-23-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeG (Post 45253726)
So when do we need to start booking things?!?! Or is it too early?!? This will be a great way to end the summer .....

I think the plan is to have the booking link active by July 1st. Won't be long till the big announcement! :cheer2:

safetymom 06-24-2012 05:06 AM

I can't wait!!! :)

JoeG 06-24-2012 10:23 AM

THANKS for the info.....:rolleyes1 I will wait till then....

UConnFan 06-26-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSWJan78 (Post 45206524)
Yes.. There is discounted rate for both Friday and Saturday night. We have a block of 25 rooms for each night. Hotel & Event Registation should open later this week!!!

Do you have an idea of rates yet? Sorry to be a pain! We can't wait! :cool1:

tekoa 06-26-2012 11:03 AM

Really looking forward to this. I am one town over.

WDWCPAlumni 06-30-2012 12:01 PM

What are the details of this event?

I am in NH and we are doing an event in August, hopefully we will be successful too!!!!

disney4dan 07-04-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDWCPAlumni
What are the details of this event?

I am in NH and we are doing an event in August, hopefully we will be successful too!!!!

Another NE event? I'll need to check this out also. We're in northern MA and may try to get to this one too!