The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports and Plans (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Thankful, wishful CHANGING plans! NOV '12 PTR, Packing, shopping & last minute plans (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2869932)

francis6306 01-29-2012 08:33 PM

Thankful, wishful CHANGING plans! NOV '12 PTR, Packing, shopping & last minute plans

If you are just now joining us… well, just keep reading! Things might start off a little confusing for you, but you will see how it all plays out in the end! :lmao:

Am I REALLY about to start my second Pre Trip Report???? :confused3 WHOA! :scared1: I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Okay, but lets be honest. This trip isn't set in stone. I'm not calling a Cast Member and booking anything just yet. Nope. Gotta wait for my husband's employer to say "Hey, you have done an AMAZING job- let's have you come back next year!" :thumbsup2 We think he has done a great job, and we have adjusted to life in the midwest fairly well. Considering that THIS Georgia Peach does NOT do cold weather. :guilty: At all. Thank GOD that the weather has been pretty fair so far. :cheer2:

Oh… wait, you don't care about all that stuff! You wanna know my details, don't cha? :yay: Well… let's get down to it!

When: Nov 18- 24.
Where: Well, now, that's the Million Dollar Question!
Who: Awe! Thanks for asking!!!!

My DH, Corey; ODD, Cortlyn; YDD, Catie and ME!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/SAM_4595.jpg

My DH had never been to Disney before I dragged him with me (if you are interesting, there are links in my Siggy to my PRT and TR from Dec 2010!). And he totally drank the koolaid! :cool1: Watching him and my daughter see the Castle for the very first time was AMAZING.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...0/SAM_1508.jpg

Now, this would be Catie's first trip to Disney… outside of the womb! :rotfl: See… she tagged along on that first trip, I mean, from the start, she has to be a part of EVERYTHING!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m...2FourBySix.jpg

francis6306 01-29-2012 08:50 PM

Where, Where, Where???

Sigh… let's see. This time we will be traveling with a 4 year old and a 19 month old. :eek: YIKES! What am I thinking??!!?! Taking a 19 month old?! I'm thinking, I wanna get back down to the World, so I can ride all those rides I missed out on when I was carrying that extra passenger the last time! :rotfl2: Don't worry. Things aren't gonna surprise me like that again.:rolleyes1

The thrifty side of me, of course says "Um, Pop was wonderful. No reason to change what ain't broke!" Buuuuuut… then I remember, it's not like we're gonna luck out with a Rack Room Discount or Free Dining promo- right? :sad2: Plus, this time we have a wee one. While Cortlyn did much better than expected, you just don't know how things will go. So… I am researching villas and one bedroom suites. :scared1: WOW. Can't say that I expected that… and chances are, we may not book them. BUT it's just nice to have a quiet space for the baby if we can swing it. I'm looking at ALL my options this time.

Your Saved Offers

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, 11/18/2012, $3097.45
Disney's All-Star Music Resort, 11/18/2012, $3713.93
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, 11/18/2012, $6850.61
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani , 11/18/2012, $4830.01

WHOA! Those are some hefty prices! Of course, we went in 2010 for CHEAP, because we went on a low rate weekend PLUS scored free dining. :dance3: Not gonna happen this go round… :sad1:

So, what do you think? Stay safe and familiar with our beloved Pop or go all out with a 1 bedroom suite??? Suggestions? I'm totally open to hear what you have to say! :goodvibes

mom2rtk 01-29-2012 09:27 PM

Yeah! I'm in! :cool1:

francis6306 01-29-2012 09:39 PM

:yay: :cheer2: :yay: :yay: :cheer2: :yay: :yay: :cheer2: :yay: :yay: :cheer2: :yay: :yay: :cheer2::yay:

jenseib 01-29-2012 09:53 PM

Count me in! :thumbsup2

francis6306 01-30-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2rtk (Post 43883775)
Yeah! I'm in! :cool1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenseib (Post 43883996)
Count me in! :thumbsup2

Edit...what what do you mean Cat Member..that should read TA. LOL

Glad to have you both on board! Like you had a choice! :rotfl:

Jen- Yes… yes… when the time comes, I'll contact a TA! That way YOU can be on the phone at dark thirty booking my CRT ressie 190 days out! :lmao:

jenseib 01-30-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francis6306 (Post 43887862)
Glad to have you both on board! Like you had a choice! :rotfl:

Jen- Yes… yes… when the time comes, I'll contact a TA! That way YOU can be on the phone at dark thirty booking my CRT ressie 190 days out! :lmao:

I love dark thirty! LOL :love:

I wish you could change your dates just a little earlier. I plan to arrive on the 8th and leave the 11th.

francis6306 01-30-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenseib (Post 43888309)
I love dark thirty! LOL :love:

I wish you could change your dates just a little earlier. I plan to arrive on the 8th and leave the 11th.

I know! I wish I could either move it up or down. But we are fairly set with those dates. It's gonna be more pricey that week too, since it is falling over a holiday with no discounts in site. As long as Hubby is directing a marching band, we have to be around for all the football games. :rolleyes: I LOVE me some football, but… I just don't want to be committed so much!!!!

jenseib 01-30-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francis6306 (Post 43888590)
I know! I wish I could either move it up or down. But we are fairly set with those dates. It's gonna be more pricey that week too, since it is falling over a holiday with no discounts in site. As long as Hubby is directing a marching band, we have to be around for all the football games. :rolleyes: I LOVE me some football, but… I just don't want to be committed so much!!!!

Those dang husbands and their jobs. :laughing:

francis6306 01-30-2012 04:44 PM

OMG I JUST GOT A PIN CODE FOR NOVEMBER IN THE MAIL!!!!!!!!

party: party: party: party: party: party: party: party: party: party: party:

jenseib 01-30-2012 04:49 PM

Thats awesome. I assume it covers your dates too?

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

francis6306 01-30-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenseib (Post 43890350)

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

YES! Well, sorta… I'm gonna private message you!

mom2rtk 01-30-2012 06:11 PM

OMG! How incredible is that? So tell me, just what DOES a Pin code look like? I wouldn't know one if it jumped up and bit me in the "you know what".

francis6306 01-30-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenseib (Post 43890350)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2rtk (Post 43891066)
OMG! How incredible is that? So tell me, just what DOES a Pin code look like? I wouldn't know one if it jumped up and bit me in the "you know what".

Well, It's a flier from Disney.:rotfl: It is yellow cardstock and has a boardgame type clip art on it. It says it's for 30% off select resorts, so I'm not sure if it is anything super special, but Jen is looking into it for me! Corey is working tonight, and Catie is giving me fits with bedtime, so it's kinda nice to have someone else do the legwork… :rolleyes1

I just see it as a sign! God and Mickey want me to travel to DWD! :yay:

mom2rtk 01-30-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francis6306 (Post 43891270)
Well, It's a flier from Disney.:rotfl: It is yellow cardstock and has a boardgame type clip art on it. It says it's for 30% off select resorts, so I'm not sure if it is anything super special, but Jen is looking into it for me! Corey is working tonight, and Catie is giving me fits with bedtime, so it's kinda nice to have someone else do the legwork… :rolleyes1

I just see it as a sign! God and Mickey want me to travel to DWD! :yay:

Sorry..... but I'm not with you on that one. Cuz if I was, I'd have to think Mickey DOESN'T want ME to come visit! :laughing: