The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Dis Meets (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   10/7-14/2012 Jamborini Meet for Food & Wine. Everyone is Welcome! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2852869)

RachelTori 01-01-2012 06:58 AM

10/7-14/2012 Jamborini Meet for Food & Wine. Everyone is Welcome!
 
The 2011 Jamborini Meet (10/2-8/2011) was so much fun, we're doing it again in 2012! :yay:

You don't have to be an AKL Lover (aka 'Jamborini' or 'Kidanite') to join us, but you must love WDW, good friends, and fun! :thumbsup2

This is the place to discuss our ideas and plan our Meets.

The dates we are scheduling Meets are Sunday Oct 7th through Sunday Oct 14th. The next post below will list the tentative Meets, and be updated as needed.

Some ideas for potential Meets:

AKL - Victoria Falls or ?
Epcot Resorts - Crews Cup Lounge, by the quiet pool at BC, or ?
La Cava (aka “The Ditch”)
Tutto Gusto (the new Wine Bar in Italy)
Illuminations
Wishes
Group ride/attraction
An “Off-Kilter” Meet; A “British Revolution” Meet, etc.
World Showcase Meet for some kiosk sampling
An “Eat to the Beat” Meet
An early morning Meet for coffee in the Boardwalk area
A Deminar or Paid Event
MNSSHP
Jelly Rolls
Swan Dolphin Food & Wine Classic 10/12-13


All ideas/suggestions are welcome!

Check your schedules and if you have some free time, please check post #2. If there’s a meet you can attend, let us know! If there’s nothing scheduled for that date yet and you have an idea, please speak up!


See y'all in October!!
:woohoo:

RachelTori 01-01-2012 06:59 AM

TDC Nala's Epcot F&WF sticky on the Restaurant board: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2930485


(Tentative) Meets:



Sunday, October 7:



Monday, October 8:



Tuesday, October 9:



Wednesday, October 10:



Thursday, October 11:
Viva Italia at Flying Fish: 6:00pm - RachelTori, DisneyBride'03, TyRy, franandaj


Friday, October 12:
Swan Dolphin F&W Classic: 5:30-9:00pm :)


Saturday, October 13:
Diana's (39th) Birthday Champagne Breakfast....location TBD!:banana:

4:30pm Wine Blending Seminar at Swan (paid event)
Swan Dolphin F&W Classic: 5:30-9:00pm :)


Sunday, October 14:






:goodvibes

dgbg100106 01-01-2012 08:37 AM

I am here...

David and I will be there for the wine and dine event. :cheer2:

We are bringing two friends with us who have never been.

PNO4TE 01-01-2012 08:52 AM

:yay: Here we go!

DisneyBride'03 01-01-2012 11:51 AM

Checking in!

RachelTori 01-01-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbg100106 (Post 43591789)
I am here...

David and I will be there for the wine and dine event. :cheer2:

We are bringing two friends with us who have never been.

This will be quite an induction for them!! :thumbsup2


Quote:

Originally Posted by PNO4TE (Post 43591901)
:yay: Here we go!

Still several months from the Swolphin F&W Classic info being released, but I'll be watching for it!! :woohoo:


Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 (Post 43593389)
Checking in!

:goodvibes

dgbg100106 01-01-2012 01:28 PM

So excited about seeing everyone again... And the wine of course, even the food...

now about the stains.... anyone planning for those too?

RachelTori 01-01-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbg100106 (Post 43594254)
So excited about seeing everyone again... And the wine of course, even the food...

now about the stains.... anyone planning for those too?

:rotfl2: We need to get Tracy to check in here! ;)

dgbg100106 01-01-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelTori (Post 43594281)
:rotfl2: We need to get Tracy to check in here! ;)

::yes::

DisneyBride'03 01-01-2012 01:40 PM

Well, I am thinking of getting in on Thursday...try to grab BWV or BCV, then move to S or D for Fri and Sat...to save points for 2013 ( :) )...and then back to BCV or BWV for Magical Express...we shall see!

dgbg100106 01-01-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 (Post 43594379)
Well, I am thinking of getting in on Thursday...try to grab BWV or BCV, then move to S or D for Fri and Sat...to save points for 2013 ( :) )...and then back to BCV or BWV for Magical Express...we shall see!

We needed to use the points, so we booked ours and ours friends at BCV, we had banked them the previous year, so we had to use them...

DisneyBride'03 01-01-2012 01:48 PM

well I can use my small contract and have enough pts IF I can get in at 7 mths at either Epcot DVC resort...will have to wait it out and see! Rates right now at S & D are 179 at priceline and AAA is abt 200 at their site.

TyRy 01-01-2012 02:23 PM

I'm here, I'm here and I'm sure the stains will follow! :rotfl:

Happy New Year everyone!!

I'm still trying to sort it all out, but I'm pretty sure if I come down that early it will be with friends and then solo for the S&D Classic. Mark won't be down until the 14th probably.

RachelTori 01-01-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyRy (Post 43594747)
I'm here, I'm here and I'm sure the stains will follow! :rotfl:

Happy New Year everyone!!

I'm still trying to sort it all out, but I'm pretty sure if I come down that early it will be with friends and then solo for the S&D Classic. Mark won't be down until the 14th probably.

:yay: Glad you checked in! Happy New Year! :goodvibes

The Classic is where we'll likely have the most Jamborinis -- at least that's what I'm hoping! :) It was so amazing last year, I wanted MORE!!! :woohoo:

RachelTori 01-01-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 (Post 43594446)
well I can use my small contract and have enough pts IF I can get in at 7 mths at either Epcot DVC resort...will have to wait it out and see! Rates right now at S & D are 179 at priceline and AAA is abt 200 at their site.

We're keeping our options open for the package deals the Swan & Dolphin will offer. When those are released, we'll do the math, but I believe they were a pretty good deal last year. :goodvibes


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.